Sandtrooper 12" Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone can teach me how to remove the factory weathering?

Iso-propyl alcohol works well. I have found that it removes the top layer of paint with a few rubs without taking away the white base layer on the armor. For application of the alcohol, I recommend the cosmetic type Q-tips with the coned tips for enhanced precision.

I really loved the proto and just cannot justify the money for the production figure. Glad I canceled.

That's bull^^^^.

:lecture It's the same people time and again, ^^^^^ing and moaning, as if at this point in production it will have some kind of impact. People get so infuriated by these things, they would be much happier if they stopped collecting.

I like it.Of course the weathering cant match the proto..:duh

BEST 12 SANDTROOPER.

I don't expect good paint apps from SS never have (they're just not that good in the dept. save the rare homerun) If you're still taking their protos seriously after all this time then......

So to tell the truth the final product is what i expected. And it looks good to me, just won't be getting one for a while sadly. But i will be adding this one.

OK folks....let's keep it civil. Spirited discussion is one thing, but name-calling (of other members or other company's) isn't necessary...or needed.

Just calm down and enjoy (or not) the figure....

Thanks.

accuracy aside, the ssc version looks a lot better than the marmit to me. marmit weathering job is way understated. its like someone ran a crayola on it. the ssc isn't as good as the proto, but its much better than the marmit.

personally, I don't follow the figure from head to toe with a caliper so I can't tell its not an exact repro of the film helmet. looks good enough for me. unfortunately I can't afford it anyway. :lol

ps, the old thread should be closed and all talk about the sandtrooper, photos and otherwise should, be done here just like it was done for other SW threads of late.

Take the debate to the
Sandtrooper" thread please

Let's get this back to images. And thanks Roy, for such a comprehensive first look!

Last edited:
My pleasure of sharing pictures here and more detail pictures tonite (my time). Agree, lets keep this thread as picture sharing and debate at other thread.:chew

Iso-propyl alcohol works well. I have found that it removes the top layer of paint with a few rubs without taking away the white base layer on the armor. For application of the alcohol, I recommend the cosmetic type Q-tips with the coned tips for enhanced precision.

Thanks for the tip.

Yes more pics of the best Sandtrooper out there !!!

More pics from Taiwanese fan aloneliu-

e696c9b9fb.jpg

ac97e4c1c9.jpg

7ac8ca01a7.jpg

f4e0cf0069.jpg

Yeah, I think we are all concert whether the joints are loose or tight. Would appreciate if you can let us know, thks!

Back