samaritan replica refund please!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It said mine had already been added as well? Strange.

While I can understand your plight... does this also mean that the people who've resold them for $700 should now refund the buyers. Its a different, and luckily for us, better version.

i would like a refund as you have now made my highly desirable collectable almost worthless!!!!

sell it for retail. Im pretty sure you could get $299 for it.
.. theres your refund... :monkey1

It said mine had already been added as well? Strange.

While I can understand your plight... does this also mean that the people who've resold them for $700 should now refund the buyers. Its a different, and luckily for us, better version.

all you have to ask yourself is:-is this the same design as the original samaritan..if the answer is yes then sideshow has undercut the collectability of one of there own products which they state they will never do?

all you have to ask yourself is:-is this the same design as the original samaritan..if the answer is yes then sideshow has undercut the collectability of one of there own products which they state they will never do?

So how much did you pay for your Samaritan?:lol

I for one am glad about this piece being issued made of metal and glow bullets is Bad A** since i missed out. But maybe sideshow should of released Big Baby instead to keep the peace
hellboy-with-big-baby.jpg

So how much did you pay for your Samaritan?:lol

retail...$299 + shipping,import duties..its easy to laugh,i love a joke also..i'm not bringing this up just for me but for collectors who'll get stift by sideshow in the future..if no one says something about it then the same thing will happen in the future.

when hellboy 3 is released in 3-4 years,can they do the same samaritan with a different base again...will that be alright?

I have a feeling that it isn't far behind...

The press release mentions "Prop replicas of Hellboy's trusty guns." That sounds mighty plural to me.

In a way I do agree with you, it looks identical. But at the same time they did not completely re-release, and what the did was take a great collectible and actually make it better.

I'd be bummed if I just bought one for $700... but personally I'd prefer the quality piece over the older one.

Meh, if they release a 3rd one what do I care... I'm stoked to get this one.

retail...$299 + shipping,import duties..its easy to laugh,i love a joke also..i'm not bringing this up just for me but for collectors who'll get stift by sideshow in the future..if no one says something about it then the same thing will happen in the future.

when hellboy 3 is released in 3-4 years,can they do the same samaritan with a different base again...will that be alright?

If people don't think things like this will happen they are naive. Collectible companies always rehash stuff. It is what they do.

Too be honest....if I had paid $700+ on the orginal, I would really be kicking myself in the ass right now...especially knowing that I would probably never be able to get that $$ back if I tried to resell it. It does suck for those that own the original....no question about it...so for that I feel bad......but being that I also didn't have the original, I'm happy I can get one that's metal at retail. I've spent too much damn $$ buying things on the secondary market.

Condolences for all you original Samaritan owners....I'd be a bit pissed too...unless I had money coming out my ass and I could afford to have both.

In a way I do agree with you, it looks identical. But at the same time they did not completely re-release, and what the did was take a great collectible and actually make it better.

I'd be bummed if I just bought one for $700... but personally I'd prefer the quality piece over the older one.

when i purchased the samaritan do you think i thought it would be copied using a different material..No..neither i'm sure did anyone else..

if sideshow want to release glowing bullets and base which has not been done before then ok..but the same samaritan?.....i'm sure collectors who are pleased with the new release know exactly what im talking about.

sideshow have a legal responsiblitily to keep to promises..or risk loosing collectors trust in there products.

It's not the same Samaritan. Sorry, but it's not.

A polystone piece from the original cast, reproduced in additional numbers for more money, would be worth complaining about. This is a new piece, made of different materials, from the second film.

If people don't think things like this will happen they are naive. Collectible companies always rehash stuff. It is what they do.

well then..maybe i'll get a second shot at the darkness 1:1 at retail or the aliens 1:1 bust:lol

I guess its what do you consider different... in this case I would honestly say it is different because of materials, base, packaging, bullets etc. It is (most likely) the same mold, but other than that it is different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back