samaritan replica refund please!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW this thread is moving, I think if you collecting based on value your collecting for the wrong reason... Yeah it sucks SS is releasing another gun, but its your decision on when to sell it, or if your collectible has a price tag on it.

Look at SIM the price is still holding its value. Your post is like saying... I just bought stock at a certian price and i want a refund cuz it dropped!... lol...

WOW this thread is moving, I think if you collecting based on value your collecting for the wrong reason... Yeah it sucks SS is releasing another gun, but its your decision on when to sell it, or if your collectible has a price tag on it.

Sucks????? WTH, I think it rocks they are selling another gun that is made OUT OF METAL AND WOOD this time!! And the bullets is what everybody wanted way back then, it ###### rocks!!!

Don't waste your time with P!tu either. It's kinda funny how much grief he's giving you and he's the biggest whiner on these boards. He had a couple hundred bucks taken a while back and you would have thought someone stole one of his kidney's. That whining went on for months.

Chris

In P!tu's defense he made 3 comments, no need to single him out here. He did have a couple hundred bucks stolen, worthy of whining.
Nothing was stolen here however, The Doctor got what he paid for and didn't sign a contract with Sideshow saying they'd never produce another version of the Samaritan.

Why would anyone be upset for this guy? He admits to have paid RETAIL for it. If he paid $700 or whatever I can sympathize, but I still even with that wouldnt agree. It's part of the game, live with it. If I loved Hellboy or the Samaritan so much, I'd be glad to own both.

I absolutely agree with you Nash. It is part of the game. Who knows if the price of the original will drop but my guess is it will drop considerably. He is however, entitled to his opinion even though he is not being completely reasonable. You and Bannister have been prodding him endlessly for sport and being just plain mean-spirited. Let it go. Frankly I'm surprised the mods around here let bashing and teasing go on. I have dealt with you on several occassions Nash and you seem like a cool guy. Just let the guy wallow in self pity and move on. You and Bannister are making yourselves look worse than him with the schoolboy bullying and teasing.

Chris

In P!tu's defense he made 3 comments, no need to single him out here. He did have a couple hundred bucks stolen, worthy of whining.
Nothing was stolen here however, The Doctor got what he paid for and didn't sign a contract with Sideshow saying they'd never produce another version of the Samaritan.

Yeah, three times. Might want to get your facts straight!

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23873&highlight=give+money

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27488&highlight=give+money

This took a five second search. It was referenced other times in other threads. I'm not going to get into a debate with you about the two comparisons are equal. To you they are not. To me they are. Both people are out money. Both are whining endlessly about it.

Chris

Samaritan I vs Samaritan II

Different stand.
Different material.
Different size.
Different movie.

They may 'look' similar, but they are not the same.

Now is it upsetting that there is a new Samaritan available on the market?
Yes and No.

Yes because there is a new design, and if you are a completist, you have to spend some more money.

Yes because if you are a flipper, you can't really enjoy the $400 markup on the collectible anymore since others can now go for the new release at a cheaper price, until it becomes sold out, and have to rely again on the flippers/ebay.

No, because this is a business. Does Sideshow owe you a refund? no.
Is your Samaritan I defective because it does not have the availability of a new stand or LED tracer round exclusives? No. It is a different item for a different movie.

Does the exclusivity change? No. There are STILL only 1000 Samaritan I's.
Does your argument hold up that Sideshow cheated you out of your exclsive limited edition size? No.

I have a regular Iron Man. Stealth Iron Man came out, looks similar, but has different features. Do I feel cheated out of my exclusivity? No.

If I were to have put money down for a Legendary Bust Iron Man only to have a 1:1 Iron Man bust come out afterwards, would I or should I feel cheated? No. They're both Iron Man busts, but are the the same? No. Different size. Different features.

Sideshow's only fault here is that they are providing a product collectors will want.

I absolutely agree with you Nash. It is part of the game. Who knows if the price of the original will drop but my guess is it will drop considerably. He is however, entitled to his opinion even though he is not being completely reasonable. You and Bannister have been prodding him endlessly for sport and being just plain mean-spirited. Let it go. Frankly I'm surprised the mods around here let bashing and teasing go on. I have dealt with you on several occassions Nash and you seem like a cool guy. Just let the guy wallow in self pity and move on. You and Bannister are making yourselves look worse than him with the schoolboy bullying and teasing.

Chris

Actually I thought it was clear that me, Nash and The Doctor weren't exactly taking this seriously anymore.:lol:lol:lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back