Sam Mendes To Direct Bond 23

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sam Mendes To Direct Bond 23?

Not only that, but aren't these like the first films since the Connery era to have Bond focused on the same organization throughout to build continuity.

What a waste.

HArdly confirmed but I hope its true.

I just hope the movie won't suffer from a lack of budget or being rushed with all the problems.

Well, hopefully they can resume pre-production with all of the work that had been done before it was put on hold. Was Peter Morgan's script finished?

It's happening! 11/9/2012:

BOND 23 RELEASE DATE ANNOUNCED

LOS ANGELES, CA (JANUARY 11, 2011) – Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli of EON Productions, together with Gary Barber and Roger Birnbaum, Co-Chairmen and Chief Executive Officers of Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer Inc., today announced that the 23rd James Bond film will commence production in late 2011 for a worldwide release on November 9, 2012.

Daniel Craig will be returning as the legendary British secret agent, with Sam Mendes directing a screenplay written by Neal Purvis, Robert Wade and John Logan.

Though I'm happy for you guys, I've never cared for Craig. He's just too "monkeyish" for me to be Bond.

:monkey4

James Bond + Sam Mendes = most introspective, elegiac Bond film ever. :/

Bond girl should be unknown or obscure actress, like in the previous two Bond films.

Perhaps no one will agree, but I think August Diehl (Gestapo Officer in IB's Tavern scene) might make an awesome villain.

I wonder if they will treat this as though it is the last Bond film with Craig and try to tie up the story or just keep going?

Kevin Spacey was almost the villain...

According to Live for Films, it's Richard III that's at fault for Spacey getting cockblocked out of the role. The theater enthusiast is going on tour with the production right as Mendes takes Bond 23 into filming, creating an unavoidable scheduling conflict. When it comes to choosing between Hollywood and the stage, Spacey has repeatedly chosen the latter.
Javier Bardem may take the villain role...

Without going into too many details, he did talk a bit about how the film will work, saying, "They’re changing the whole thing, the whole dynamic. I’d be playing Bond’s nemesis, yes, but it’s not that obvious. Everything is more nuanced. It’s very intriguing."

Without going into too many details, he did talk a bit about how the film will work, saying, "They’re changing the whole thing, the whole dynamic. I’d be playing Bond’s nemesis, yes, but it’s not that obvious. Everything is more nuanced. It’s very intriguing."

Well maybe it wasn't...

I like Bardem alot but don't want to see him in Bond tbh. Spacey wouldn't have been right either.

Back