Salacious Crumb Picture Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jlcmsu said:
I don't skimp on the doily action.

I love how great these came out even this late at night. Still learning so they're not as good as I want them to be.

I want the Jabba and his throne on a doily too :D

That's a particularly nice CU of the varactyl. I didn't even notice he had pupils until I saw your pic. And the bumps on the tail of the sand skitter.

Your Crumb looks like he has a nice dark collar of fur too.

Thanks. I wanted since he was so small and this camera has a nice zoom on it that I wanted to get a good shot of the face. Since I knew so many shots wouldn't show that close up.

I did get a nice dark fur on Salacious. He came out great.

I'm so happy with this new camera and taking shots. I think I'm finally doing these pieces some justice.

jlcmsu said:
Thanks. I wanted since he was so small and this camera has a nice zoom on it that I wanted to get a good shot of the face. Since I knew so many shots wouldn't show that close up.

I did get a nice dark fur on Salacious. He came out great.

I'm so happy with this new camera and taking shots. I think I'm finally doing these pieces some justice.

One tip that I noticed in your Salacious shot, his chest/stomach was the most clearly focused and his face a little fuzzy, Canon's super close up mode can be quite precise when it comes to the focal point if you're using autofocus, it's still a nice picture but just thought I'd share that tip with you incase you got into more super closeups and found things were coming out how you wanted, I've taken shots where the nose of say Maul became the focal point and the eyes were just further back enough on the image plane that they were a little out of focus, so that's my little tip for a fellow photog lover.

Thanks MF! I did notice that and will retake him again here in just a second.

Thanks!! WG I'm really enjoying it so far. Now, my photos can actually belong with so many of the good ones you and others here take.

Good shots Josh, they show the exquisite detail of these little guys...

And that doily for the forthcoming Jabba pics geez, it's gotta be huge...is that coming on a split shipment too?:lol

Keep the pics comin'...they help the wait for those of us out in the cold...

jedibear said:
Good shots Josh, they show the exquisite detail of these little guys...

And that doily for the forthcoming Jabba pics geez, it's gotta be huge...is that coming on a split shipment too?:lol

Keep the pics comin'...they help the wait for those of us out in the cold...

Thanks JB! I know this new camera really allows me to catch the detail in these. I know it sounds stupid but I actually feel like I'm finally taking something worth posting (pics) wise on this site.

I believe we've got a huge doily around here someplace otherwise I'll grab a couple of the smaller ones and just place them accordingly. :lol

Yowzers!!! I'm in doily overload!!! Great new shots Josh, that new camera is really kicking some ass :chew

galactiboy said:
Yowzers!!! I'm in doily overload!!! Great new shots Josh, that new camera is really kicking some ass :chew

Thanks GB!! I got plenty of stuff coming in to feed all the doily needs of this board. :chew

Got mine today... YES... and I am a little surprised how big Ghoel is. I thought he was a little dude.

I got my Inclusive today, but he's missing the Dwarf Varactyl!!:confused:

I emailed Sideshow. Hopefully they'll send one out to me without me having to box the whole set up and send it back. They're really cool, and I'm looking forward to putting them on an actual Jabba display!!

Got mine today and I gotta say I'm impressed. Can't wait for the rest of Jabba's stuff to show up. Should be over-the-top awesome.

Josh, I'm think you need to put a large doily on the throne and slap Jabba's fat a** on that. That'd be a nice variation..."doily sandwich"!!! :lol

jlcmsu said:
Got mine. Real nice. These will look great along side Jabba of course. I can't wait to have this whole thing setup once I decide where I'm gonna put them.

Al right Josh! :D Yeah, baby! Now you're cooking with gas! :cool:

Congrats on the new camera, awesome it is!

Just a queston to those that got theirs already. What is Crumb made of? I'm just concerned how fragile his ears might be. I've got kids and most of the time they don't touch my stuff but it could still happen.

Back