Saef made copies from my base

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well the peg is easily replaced for something stronger if you want to. You just chip it off and then make a hole in the spot where the peg is supposed to be and put something stronger in there.

Anyway, any plans on making your own LOTR sculpt Dimitri?

If you put a metal peg in the mold before you pour the resin, you'd have it all
set and solid when it was removed, and you'd have no more to do - easy?

If you made a bunch of them, the cost would be far less - amortized over
several bases, you could get them down to $10-$15 each possibly?

Any problems removing it from the mold, or did you use a release agent that
made it come right out with no prying or effort?

JS :wave

To tell you the truth, I think this was just damn lazy! You should have made the base shape yourself by hand. Then scraped the map shape into it with a compass! :google :D

Only joking! Looks great!

These bases would be an ideal thing for all LoTR custom sculpters! :banana

Psycho Cenobite :horror

elwood49 said:
You really shouldn't have posted this on the board in the first place, since this is clearly a copyright violation. It doesn't matter that you're using it for your personal sculpting only. You know Sideshow has a presence here, why would you post that? :rolleyes:

The Netherlands is subject to the Berne (also spelled Bern in some countries) Convention worldwide copyright laws, which extends Sideshow's copyrights to countries that are members of that union. Therefore, their copyright extends even to your country.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

B-Electronic said:
Well the peg is easily replaced for something stronger if you want to. You just chip it off and then make a hole in the spot where the peg is supposed to be and put something stronger in there.

Anyway, any plans on making your own LOTR sculpt Dimitri?

Yes B-Electronic, i have plans to sculpt LOTR stuff. Now i'm thinking what shall i make ?? This weekend i have time to sculpt something.
I let you know and put the pictures online.

JSAuctionService said:
If you put a metal peg in the mold before you pour the resin, you'd have it all
set and solid when it was removed, and you'd have no more to do - easy?

If you made a bunch of them, the cost would be far less - amortized over
several bases, you could get them down to $10-$15 each possibly?

Any problems removing it from the mold, or did you use a release agent that
made it come right out with no prying or effort?

JS :wave

No there was no problems with removing the base from the mold.
The base is flat, so it's very easy to remove from the mold.
I think that a Sauron statue is a hell of a job from removing of the mold.
I don't know how they do that. Are this things the little WETA secret that we never shall know ?

PsychoCenobite said:
To tell you the truth, I think this was just damn lazy! You should have made the base shape yourself by hand. Then scraped the map shape into it with a compass! :google :D

Only joking! Looks great!

These bases would be an ideal thing for all LoTR custom sculpters! :banana

Psycho Cenobite :horror

O yeah you are right. It's this is not a real sculpt job.
It's only making a copy. Now i will try to make a real thing.

So i have a lot of respect for the WETA artists. Now i know that they
have done a hell of a job for us. And they have change a little our life.

Now the LOTR line is finished all the board members are looking for new things in there lifes. Or they have found (like me) a new sculpt hobby.

OMG. I don't hope that we wil see illegal SS-WETA copy's on the internet.

I don't like copy's, i like the originals.

Only for a learning object i wil make a copy from my original base.
Now i know how the copy procces works i will destroy the mold.

It's more fun when you made something original by your self.

I think that i will make something from the Hobbit (Smaug) ???

It's more fun when you made something original by your self.
Totally fun!

And I agree with you about how you appreciate the work the Weta sculpters did more after you work on something yourself- I got the same appreciation when trying a sculpt last year and it left me in awe at the time and dedication the weta people have.

'course they're getting paid for it while they're actually doing the work, so it's easier to comprehend... :D

I love your base and Galadriel plaque, I hope you have more fun with sculpting! The use of silicone rubber continually interests me, Dascuitto..

I have tried to find silicone rubber around but can only find latex (and latex rubber is REALLY hard to find). To buy silicone rubber, I have to order online, I guess. :sick

can't wait to see what you have in the future!

I hope people don't start to try and copy the text on the bottom as well! :sick This could lead to loads of 'Artists Proofs' and fake low edition numbers! :sick

PsychoCenobite :horror

Back