Saban’s Power Rangers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the new film can't beat this, then the filmmaker and producers of the new movie should retire and leave Hollywood forever.

It wasn't all bad just Ivan Ooze was a bad character. I liked the quest to find the ninja power part of the storyline and meeting that woman. The twerp kid that they kept focusing on I wanted to shoot, but the suits were awesome. I liked the Cg on the Falcon zord as well.

The music was good too.

Just take Ivan and that stupid kid out of the film and you got an entertaining movie

Ok, you are a more self-aware bunch, I give you that :lol

Except Shawpaw.

If it's ****, I'll gladly admit it. I thought Apoopalypse was going to be at least good too and quickly made a heel turn after seeing it.

If the new film can't beat this, then the filmmaker and producers of the new movie should retire and leave Hollywood forever.

Its the one thing that fans of the show that saw the movie and hated it have in common with the teaser, it can't do any worse than that crap. Even as a kid in the theater, I hated it.

It wasn't all bad just Ivan Ooze was a bad character. I liked the quest to find the ninja power part of the storyline and meeting that woman. The twerp kid that they kept focusing on I wanted to shoot, but the suits were awesome. I liked the Cg on the Falcon zord as well.

The music was good too.

Just take Ivan and that stupid kid out of the film and you got an entertaining movie

This account has been compromised.

I'll give you this, the fact that people like this was certainly unpredictable :lol

Especially when you consider the reception the TNMN trailers got, both are virtually the same modern reboot with similar modern redesign concepts. Now that's a puzzle.

See below

That's because there was already a good TMNT, so the new one didn't live up to the original...or the 2003 ad 2012 cartoons. PR doesn't have a good film yet, but this film has potential.

This is well written. Those tmnt designs were terrible. As much as I love tmnt, those newer movies are absolute garbage. The original was really good. I agree with you clown. MMPR hasn't had a good one yet.

Ok, you are a more self-aware bunch, I give you that :lol

Except Shawpaw.

Lol you got no evidence that I'm not self-aware. You know what else I predict, you gonna have to have the last word when someone says something to you. People were being optimistic about the teaser. No need to come in and start labeling people who are optimistic for movie.

the funny thing is that the trailer technically does not tell you absolutely anything at all about the actual movie or the actual Power Rangers part of the movie. they show Rita saying she has killed rangers before but that still doesn't tell us anything.

Im not saying thats a bad thing, Im just saying all the hate and all the love the trailer is getting is interesting because the only thing the trailer did was introduce us to the human characters before the become power rangers, which will probably be only 20 minutes of the entire movie.

The trailer might as well be an Online Facebook inside look into the movie that is only focusing on each character or something. Until I see a full trailer showing me the bad guys or showing me the robots or the actual plot then I really cannot be excited or depressed about it lol. Like I said this is not a bad thing.
We were simply shown what will be the first 20 or so minutes of the movie, it was a good way to hype the movie while keeping the mystery.

the funny thing is that the trailer technically does not tell you absolutely anything at all about the actual movie or the actual Power Rangers part of the movie. they show Rita saying she has killed rangers before but that still doesn't tell us anything.

Im not saying thats a bad thing, Im just saying all the hate and all the love the trailer is getting is interesting because the only thing the trailer did was introduce us to the human characters before the become power rangers, which will probably be only 20 minutes of the entire movie.

The trailer might as well be an Online Facebook inside look into the movie that is only focusing on each character or something. Until I see a full trailer showing me the bad guys or showing me the robots or the actual plot then I really cannot be excited or depressed about it lol. Like I said this is not a bad thing.
We were simply shown what will be the first 20 or so minutes of the movie, it was a good way to hype the movie while keeping the mystery.

The power of a teaser trailer. :lecture :rock

You guys actually think the Turbo movie was better :cuckoo:

no_michael_bluth.gif

Last I checked there were 4K comments under the trailer on YouTube and 1K dislikes posted. I'm sure it's even more if I check now for both.

The funny thing that people who really don't know about Sentai have no idea that the original Zyurangers that Saban based MMPR off of was not a kids show, in fact in Japan since it's insurgence of Sentai , the idea of Sentai was made to be a tv drama show for prime time viewers.

In fact Zyurangers was the complete opposite of the corny, campy childlike feeling of MMPR. One theme that Zyu stressed on was the overall abuse of little children in each episode. For those who were able to see Zyurangers know what I'm talking about.

If Saban followed the Zyu formula for MMPR, it would've never come off as a show for the target audience of children, so of course they had to make it corny and campy.

I think Bay wanted a balance between the MMPR theme concept for us fans but keep it dramatic for adults and children of this era to relate to it. Hence why this film showed a lot of teen angst and dramatic character development in just the trailer alone :lecture
Bay? As in Micheal bay? I'm confused, he's not doing anything with power rangers. Do you mean transformers?

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Oh Jesus, that thing was even worse. Far, far worse.

Not even close. :lol

Bay? As in Micheal bay? I'm confused, he's not doing anything with power rangers. Do you mean transformers?

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Yeah, I missed that, myself. I haven't heard of Bay being involved at all. I think earlier when we were talking it was a 'what-if' situation.

Omg Turbo was an act of war. That movie made me numb

The film, and even that season of the show is when I started to tap out of the series. I thought In Space was pretty damn good, and I got out of it after that completely.

I loathed that ****ing Blue Ranger kid.

Back