S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
U.S. or other non Domestic markets 3rd party only. Tried to break it down for some who don’t know what that means don’t know if I was successful.

I think he means sold by Bandai/Tamashii Nations

Kinda confused with the way he explained.

U.S. or other non Domestic markets 3rd party only. Tried to break it down for some who don’t know what that means don’t know if I was successful.

An easy way will be the following for Star Wars license, there is a different set of licence for Bandai SW kits as well. And Marvel has a different set of license for overseas.

Bandai Tamashii Nations = Japan (Online retailers includes HLJ, Amiami, Hobbysearch)
Blufin Tamshii Nations = USA
Rest of the World = 3rd parties imported from Japan or Blufin (Online retailers includes BBTS etc)

Damn, I had Luke in my cart at AmiAmi, went to go find my login password, tried to checkout and preorder closed!
Is Jedi Luke available anywhere else?

I think the point Auel is making is that using the term "Overseas" on the World Wide Web is a bit silly.

We're on a .com, in a forum dedicated to a North american company, a company that holds North american and eauropean distributuon rights for a major highend toy company, I think its reasonable to assume when "overseas" is used we re referring to asian markets

I think the point Auel is making is that using the term "Overseas" on the World Wide Web is a bit silly.

I wouldn't mind if you were to correct my statements or even knew what we were talking about, but commenting just to say that I'm silly?

Tamashii Nations is a Japanese manufacture that has the Star Wars and Marvel licenses to make and distribute products domestically. They are only allowed to distribute certain SW or Marvel products to some countries overseas.

I don't see how in anyway am I wrong to mention overseas in this case?

Care to justify what I have said?

We're on a .com, in a forum dedicated to a North american company, a company that holds North american and eauropean distributuon rights for a major highend toy company, I think its reasonable to assume when "overseas" is used we re referring to asian markets

Glad that we are on the same page.

Thanks.

Not to be "that guy", but Bluefin arent owned by Bandai or Tamashii, they are merely a reseller for the USA that just happens to have a deal going with Tamashii. I do agree with you though Auel. World wide web or not, trademarks and deals are still on a country by country basis. Just because they have a product doesnt mean they can sell it to all markets. Hasbro has the license for Star Wars merch pretty much everywhere apart from Asia, hence why they arent sold elsewhere. Technically we shouldnt even be ALLOWED to buy Star Wars figuarts.

Same goes for the Marvel figuarts; theres a reason why those figures come with extras when sold through Bluefin, because they have to reach a certain pricepoint and have to be different enough to get the go ahead to be sold. In this instance, Hasbro basically doesnt want competition with their own line of Marvel Legends, so they allow it on the condition that they are higher in price.

Hasbro has world wide rights to Star Wars, which includes Asia. The difference is that in Japan, Bandai has rights to its own domestic market to sell their own versions of the 1/12 figures to compete with Hasbro. Those rights are granted for domestic sales only. Same with Takara and Transformers vs Hasbro.

Not to be "that guy", but Bluefin arent owned by Bandai or Tamashii, they are merely a reseller for the USA that just happens to have a deal going with Tamashii.

Yes, however. They are officially named Blufin Tamashii Nations USA, hence I'm using that name.

Same goes for the Marvel figuarts; theres a reason why those figures come with extras when sold through Bluefin, because they have to reach a certain pricepoint and have to be different enough to get the go ahead to be sold. In this instance, Hasbro basically doesnt want competition with their own line of Marvel Legends, so they allow it on the condition that they are higher in price.

You know quite a bit too, that's very true. :clap

I'm kind of hoping that Figuarts makes some of the classic figures like Sand People, Jawa, Walrus Man, IG-88, Snaggletooth, Greedo.... etc...

Back