S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was too late at HLJ for the two packs so I just went with Anime-Export. I guess the good part is they're paid for already and all I need to do is sit back and wait.

So I guess Vader still has that horrible looking helmet we saw in those sneaky pictures.
7ecf62ff383838c4a44b8c83f0caec6d.jpg

That is highly disappointing if that will be the final figure. Keep in mind Old Ben Kenobi still looks unfinished/off/bad in the promo shots as well, so maybe the Ben and Vader will be tweaked before release, cuz they need some work right now:rotfl
If Vader is not changed, I will have to reconsider his purchase.

That is highly disappointing if that will be the final figure. Keep in mind Old Ben Kenobi still looks unfinished/off/bad in the promo shots as well, so maybe the Ben and Vader will be tweaked before release, cuz they need some work right now:rotfl
If Vader is not changed, I will have to reconsider his purchase.

Old Ben promo shots? As in not at a convention? I've not seen these!

Not really interested in a whole discussion, just gonna chip in, for me the new Mafex R1 Vader is great. It's accurate to, obviously, Rogue 1 (yes the crotch included, pause at the right moment in the hall way scene.). That might put off some people, but for me it's enough and after a long look at both that one and the 40th, I chose the Mafex one and just gonna mod his fabric skirt. Also LOVE the red lenses, they look fantastic. You can obviously paint them black and go to town with more paint to make an Empire/RotJ version, mostly. I personally feel it looks better than the 40th +articulation/accessories.

So yeah, as disappointing as Tamashii ****ing up a second time is, if you want a good Vader in import quality, R1 is good enough for me. (And easily the best import Vader so far.)

(Post edited.)

Bundles have been back up at amiami for the last few hours apparently

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not really interested in a whole discussion, just gonna chip in, for me the new Mafex R1 Vader is great. It's accurate to, obviously, Rogue 1 (yes the crotch included, pause at the right moment in the hall way scene.). That might put off some people, but for me it's enough and after a long look at both that one and the 40th, I chose the Mafex one and just gonna mod his fabric skirt. Also LOVE the red lenses, they look fantastic. You can obviously paint them black and go to town with more paint to make an Empire/RotJ version, mostly. I personally feel it looks better than the 40th +articulation/accessories.

So yeah, as disappointing as Tamashii ****ing up a second time is, if you want a good Vader in import quality, R1 is good enough for me. (And easily the best import Vader so far.)

(Post edited.)

That video had me torn, I still think the helmet looks too small on the Mafex, certain aspects are better, but, the gloves bugged me as the peg looked to be too obvious, more so than on my current one. The BS looks like Dave Prowse is in there and he was a big fella. If I can get the Mafex cape onto the BS it could look great. It's odd how SHF can drop the ball so badly, to the extent where even a Black Series beats it.

I have Mafex Phasma and maybe I'll just sell the Figuarts one once I get BB9E.

So I want the droids. The only way to get them is to order the preorder bundles? Is that right?

Bought all eight figures yesterday at CDJapan: four orders, one for each month of release. Had no idea about any bundles for the BB units. CDJapan doesn't seem to be offering those, as far as I can tell.

I'm not really a SHF guy, (thes BB units have me enticed, though) but I'm a big Kamen Rider fan. I usually get my stuff from either HJL or Osaka, but I always see mention of Amiami and CSToys, yey theyre ALWAYS sold out of everything, everytime I check there. I still get emails from CST about new shipments and they get like 6 of each thing. Why would you not order more of something that literally sells out in 12 seconds?! I don't get it. For that reason alone, I just dismiss them both as options. I'd rather go through Mandrake.

From my experience, HLJ preorders sell out much quicker than amiami. And once in stock, hlj stock lingers for longer cause their discounts are ridiculous, like five per cent or zero per cent as is the case with mnay figmas.

From my experience, HLJ preorders sell out much quicker than amiami. And once in stock, hlj stock lingers for longer cause their discounts are ridiculous, like five per cent or zero per cent as is the case with mnay figmas.

This is true, amiami has some really good discounts on figma products. I think HLJ sells out so quickly because preorders are so easy and don't even require cc/PayPal pre-authorization. Also the private warehouse is one of the most friendly and flexible services I have seen from import or domestic sites.

Back