S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Phasma and the stormtrooper are already widely available in Japan? Or is this some event-only pre-release?

21192671_1689269887781448_1842506816733742769_n.jpg

Anyone had any trouble placing Pre Orders with HLJ? Placed two orders for the new Stormtrooper but have not received an email and the orders have not appeared in my order list.

Finally got my hands on a second one of these for uber cheap (like, $30AUD)! Not sure which clone to turn him into, I'm thinking either gree or appo right now...
45ef20b673800cced87184dedb41dfcd.jpg

Anyone had any trouble placing Pre Orders with HLJ? Placed two orders for the new Stormtrooper but have not received an email and the orders have not appeared in my order list.

Give them a day or so. I've only ordered from them 3 or 4 times, but every time there's a delay of at least a few hours from when I place the order to when I get the confirmation email. My best guess is they actually have a human review every order and since I'm halfway around the world in the U.S. they're just getting to work around the time I go to bed.

Finally got my hands on a second one of these for uber cheap (like, $30AUD)! Not sure which clone to turn him into, I'm thinking either gree or appo right now...
45ef20b673800cced87184dedb41dfcd.jpg

$30 AU? WHERE?!!!

Also, finally got my bootleg Luke in, and...it ain't half bad for a bootleg. I was expecting the worse considering the reports, but it came in a proper box (instead of cheaply thrown into a plastic bag), and looks pretty good. Downside is the joints are rubbish. Almost snapped the wrist peg swapping hands over, and the left shoulder keeps popping out. But for $35 it ain't shabby.

$30 AU? WHERE?!!!

Also, finally got my bootleg Luke in, and...it ain't half bad for a bootleg. I was expecting the worse considering the reports, but it came in a proper box (instead of cheaply thrown into a plastic bag), and looks pretty good. Downside is the joints are rubbish. Almost snapped the wrist peg swapping hands over, and the left shoulder keeps popping out. But for $35 it ain't shabby.
Was an eBay auction, there's no more at that price :(

Hello there, long time lurker, first time poster!

My Qui-Gon arrived today and I would like to give my thoughts and show a few photos.

quigon01_resize.jpg

Here he is next to the Hasbro version. Checking Qui-Gon's height on Wookiepedia, the Hasbro version is in perfect scale. The SHF Qui-Gon is somewhat too short.
When it comes to accuracy, the tunic colors of the SHF Qui-Gon appear to be correct and the Hasbro version is off here.
The belt is not screen-accurate, on neither figure. SHF Qui-Gon is missing some of the cylinders to the left (his right), Hasbro has them. Hasbro Qui-Gon is missing all the cylinders on the right (his left) however, and SHF included them. The rivets on the belt are a little too close to the buckle on SHF Qui-Gon, but no one will probably care. :)
The Hasbro Qui-Gon has a belly, they sculpted his tunic so that it bulges above his belt. Liam Neeson did not have a belly in Phantom Menace and the SHF Qui-Gon has no belly or unfortunate creases in his clothing.

quigon02_resize.jpg

The back of the figures. You can see SHF returned to the golden hair of earlier figures, it's quite pronounced in photos, less so in hand.

quigon03_resize.jpg

The side view, you can see how much shorther SHF Qui-Gon is. The gap in SHF Qui-Gon's head is not very noticeable, it doesn't bother me. He doesn't come with an extra head but with an extra face.

quigon04_resize.jpg

The face sculpts. SHF Qui-Gon is much better, in my opinion, Hasbro is quite off here. The SHF Qui-Gon has a younger appearance, but this is a 6 inch figure after all and it would be quite difficult to sculpt tiny wrinkles around the eyes etc. If only his hair was more brown and less gold. It's not as noticeable in normal lighting conditions.

quigon05_resize.jpg

And now with SHF Obi-Wan, Obi-Wan has more or less perfect scale, his SHF Master is taller than him, fortunately, but Hasbro Qui-Gon shows how tall he should really be.

quigon06_resize.jpg

However, SHF Qui-Gon has dropdown hip joints. And with his legs fully dropped down he now has the same height as the Hasbro version. Proportions are somewhat off now perhaps, but if height is your concern you can just extend his legs and everything is perfect.

quigon07_resize.jpg

Qui-Gon's alternate head is very scene specific, but it works and looks quite good within that context.

All in all Qui-Gon is a very nice figure. In standard configuration he is somewhat too short, but that was to be expected since SHF likes to underscale taller characters. Drop down his hip joints and height is perfect though. His hair is of a very soft, rubbery plastic and very pliable, you can easily turn his head and rotation of the head is really good.
The Hasbro version is not a bad figure, if only the face sculpt was better. But in direct comparison it looks like a toy and the SHF Qui-Gon like a collectible. You see the difference in quality immediately.
Btw. Qui-Gon's lightsaber is different from the one we got with Obi-Wan. The handle seems to be identical, but the blade is a little bit longer (maybe 2-3 mm) and has a somewhat different color. The original saber is a little more green.

If someone is still on the fence about Qui-Gon I would recommend getting him, he's a much better fit with SHF EP 1 Obi-Wan than the Hasbro version because of the very different aesthetics and overall quality, even if the Hasbro figure is by no means "bad". It's sturdier, heavier and has perfect scale. But looks like Liam Neeson's stuntman.

Give them a day or so. I've only ordered from them 3 or 4 times, but every time there's a delay of at least a few hours from when I place the order to when I get the confirmation email. My best guess is they actually have a human review every order and since I'm halfway around the world in the U.S. they're just getting to work around the time I go to bed.

Thanks - the second order came through last night. Not sure what happened with my initial order but all good now. It is my 5th order with them, but had never had the delay in confirmation before.

Instant pre-order!! Can't wait!! Any time estimate?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I should have ordered a second maul, skirt could get messed up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Price is approx. 40 euros (48 USD)? Comes with a probe droid? Not as expensive as I thought it would be. This is a must have!
So we'll have a Hasbro Landspeeder, Rey's Speeder, Speeder Bike (also from SHF) and now a Sith Speeder. I hope we get more speeders in the future, Count Dooku's for example...

Back