S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I opened my episode 2 obi wan this morning. Brilliant figure as always. Figuarts just continue to impress.

He is every bit as good as the episode 1 version, with some aspects being even better. I really like the slightly open light saber gripping hands, I think they are much better than the closed gripping hands you get with the ep.1 version. You don't need to be as rough putting the light saber in the hands with the newer style open hands.

As for the light saber itself, the detail and paint work is a lot better on the episode 1 version. It looks really clean, metallic and sharp. Impressive.

As always the heads are brilliantly sculpted with a fantastic likeness and great expressions.

I am definitely going to get episode 2 anakin to pair with him, and I'm definitely going to get mace if I can find him cheaper.

Got the Heavy Gunner Trooper today. Kind of an annoying figure. The sculpt of the hand doesn't really hold the gun. It reminds me of the Neca figures I have, that awkwardly hold their guns. Wish they had done this better

Please Bandai make a Leia figuarts :(

Pretty sure they had it in their plans, just not because of her passing they would "suddenly" announce her release. Just wait for a closer date to the release of Han and Chewie they might announce her as an online exclusive.

Exclusivity with figuarts is more to do with how well they think that figure will sell, not how main the character is etc.

If tamashii announced a Leia now, there would be backlash from folks thinking they wanted to make money off her passing, best not to hope for one just now. Its fickle, but thats how idiots in this world are.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Just recently got Kylo from Mandarake. This figure is so perfect with the Rickhor robe. Might eventually make a full custom robe but I'm not sure it really needs it.

eSnKSZy.jpg

To the guy who made that awesome Endor diorama, could you explain how you did it? The posts are so far back I can't find them. I'm looking to make a similar forest display for my movie realisation (bootleg) figures

To the guy who made that awesome Endor diorama, could you explain how you did it? The posts are so far back I can't find them. I'm looking to make a similar forest display for my movie realisation (bootleg) figures
I think your talking about me, not entirely sure. But the way I made mine was very simple. I took plaster and created the base and backing of the diorama. Then sanded everything to my liking. After that I took a mixture of gravel, different grades of sand, and mulch. Mixed it up in a bowl then added white PVA glue in sections on the base then just slowly applied the mixture to the entire diorama. After this I just primed it black an painted the whole thing. The logs and trees are just from the yard and the foliage is from Michael's Arts and Crafts.

I hope this helps, let me know if there is anything else you would like to know.
123209bbdfb419cef73d5b6302e732ef.jpg

50e8ec982261541da07fa3680d94ced9.jpg

2c8da2aa6ba42591f385d31bcd522cc7.jpg

f5a3a304bcc7f71ebf4e7a8c9d8d9f43.jpg

11c6f22ce947fef078ad794e3f5cd001.jpg

93bee453c8d0f32ac3c5e3cdf64e32ad.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Just recently got Kylo from Mandarake. This figure is so perfect with the Rickhor robe.

You may have already considered this, but the SHF Kylo looks perfect with the cloth robes from the Hasbro version of that character. I was actually quite shocked by how well it works.

I think your talking about me, not entirely sure. But the way I made mine was very simple. I took plaster and created the base and backing of the diorama. Then sanded everything to my liking. After that I took a mixture of gravel, different grades of sand, and mulch. Mixed it up in a bowl then added white PVA glue in sections on the base then just slowly applied the mixture to the entire diorama. After this I just primed it black an painted the whole thing. The logs and trees are just from the yard and the foliage is from Michael's Arts and Crafts.

I hope this helps, let me know if there is anything else you would like to know.
123209bbdfb419cef73d5b6302e732ef.jpg

50e8ec982261541da07fa3680d94ced9.jpg

2c8da2aa6ba42591f385d31bcd522cc7.jpg

f5a3a304bcc7f71ebf4e7a8c9d8d9f43.jpg

11c6f22ce947fef078ad794e3f5cd001.jpg

93bee453c8d0f32ac3c5e3cdf64e32ad.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
Thanks, that everything I needed to know. Just gotta hope that they sell stuff like that foliage in Australia.

Nice work

Back