S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scottish has nothing to do with it, it wasnt a flattering pic to be sure, but having the figure in hand it looks like Ewan. I am fyi though.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Over the holidays was finally able to take these guys out and mess with them.

I'm a little disappointed with the clone since I love clones. The FO Stormie seems to pose much better, but I understand the clone was made years before that.
Hope SHF can redo the clone someday to be as posable as the FO Stormie...but not gonna hold my breath.

S_H_Figuarts_Obi_Wan_clone_trooper_IMG_1201.jpg

Fun pics! I think he definitely looks like Ewan, though the shape of the nose makes some angles look a little off. But I also laughed :lol

Figuarts knocks most of the likenesses out of the park, and they keep getting better. It just really sticks out now when one isn't perfect. Jedi Luke is a great example of a figure that blows you away in hand while looking bizarre in a lot of pictures.

Last edited:
TPM had a better likeness. They should have used that as the base. Hope they hit the mark on the ROTS version.

I found it mildly funny and very true.
The likeness isn't very good, at least in pictures.

Continuing with my stormtrooper obsession, I just noticed this shot from a video from Tokyo Comic Con last month. I really think the sculpt looks beautiful. This looks to be the best 6" Stormtrooper indefinitely for me. No one elses offering even counts because I can only accept figuarts shoulder pad articulation and overall finish quality. I'm glad I sold the original figuarts. Looks even weirder now compared to this. This was one of my main hopes for Bandai to get right. Now I really hope they give us a Tie Pilot, Snowtrooper, AT-AT driver, X-Wing Pilots, etc, etc.

g0jHGtw.jpg

^I like both versions. The original has a wonky charm and reminds me of the hero helmets a bit. They're both stylized, but going from the shot above, the second version is less so.

Yeah this seems to go with the amount of stylization figuarts has been trending towards. The Death Trooper and Shoretrooper are similarly styled, its just more obvious since the stormtrooper is so iconic and been around so long. The first run was definitely a top quality figure, it just doesn't fit in well on my shelf. But I was definitely impressed with the fit and finish of it.

Also I think posing has a lot to do with how exaggerated/stylized Figuarts can look. The articulation is so versatile that some people leave the arms popped out and exaggerate poses. But they can have a completely different feel if you push in and slope the arms slightly, and have a nuanced pose. That's another thing I love about these figures.

I'm a little disappointed with the clone since I love clones. The FO Stormie seems to pose much better, but I understand the clone was made years before that.
Hope SHF can redo the clone someday to be as posable as the FO Stormie...but not gonna hold my breath.

S_H_Figuarts_Obi_Wan_IMG_1172.jpg

S_H_Figuarts_Obi_Wan_clone_trooper_IMG_1183.jpg

S_H_Figuarts_clone_trooper_IMG_1188.jpg

Cool! Where did you get the background from?

Hey how do you guys get the lightsaber effect in your pics? Those look great!

Last edited:
Thanks matkron, Flintty, variansc and Justcrash for the kind words!

I agree it isn't a spot on likeness, but more of a resemblance.
Still glad to have him since he is my first Jedi.

Cool! Where did you get the background from?
I got the background from just searching online for Geonosis/Battle of Geonosis pics.
Then I printed it and used as a backdrop.

Hey how do you guys get the lightsaber effect in your pics? Those look great!
I used photoshop for the saber affect.

Just had my Death Troopers, Shore Trooper and K2 delivered. What's up with the area around the trigger on the Death & Shore Troopers blasters? It's solid! Makes it look very cheap!

Not bothered opening K2 yet...may wait and see if Cassian and Jyn are made before deciding if I really need him!

Question guys, my amiami monthly order for December seems to be held up by the preorder of Mafex Phasma, should I try to contact them or will this sort itself out?

Question guys, my amiami monthly order for December seems to be held up by the preorder of Mafex Phasma, should I try to contact them or will this sort itself out?

Same here! I'm just letting it hang, then I can add my tank Trooper and Stormtroopers to it to save on shipping!

Back