S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 311914

Trying to decide if these troops mix as well as I had hoped. I would snag the Figuarts versions in a heartbeat if they made them. This has to be my favorite Trooper yet!

Also, just saw this on Facebook, some official photos! No clue about date or whether it's an exclusive yet. (But I'm sure it will be)

View attachment 311915

Awesome! Now let's see the Shoretrooper variants!

View attachment 311914

Trying to decide if these troops mix as well as I had hoped. I would snag the Figuarts versions in a heartbeat if they made them. This has to be my favorite Trooper yet!

Also, just saw this on Facebook, some official photos! No clue about date or whether it's an exclusive yet. (But I'm sure it will be)

View attachment 311915
It just says release date and msrp is yet to be determined if that helps...

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

It just says release date and msrp is yet to be determined if that helps...

Ahh thank you!

Awesome! Now let's see the Shoretrooper variants!

Yaaasssss haha. Mafex just released an image of the Squad Leader... I wonder if theirs will come with all 3. That trooper is going to be wayyyyy too big to go with Figuarts though. But it still looks great.

me170801.jpg

Just noticed the misregistration on the lens paint on the shoretrooper. Seems to be a common problem with the way figuarts paints them. You can see that the upcoming stormtrooper also has misregistered lens paint that doesnt fill the sculpt. I'm guessing because its stamped on? I'll probably practice and paint them all with gloss black.

AOTC Obi looks good in the rickhor robe. Hopefully she will do some more in this or a similar color. This robe is the one I bought a while back for my Padawan obi.

20161221_144008.jpg
20161221_144117.jpg

Just noticed the misregistration on the lens paint on the shoretrooper. Seems to be a common problem with the way figuarts paints them. You can see that the upcoming stormtrooper also has misregistered lens paint that doesnt fill the sculpt. I'm guessing because its stamped on? I'll probably practice and paint them all with gloss black.

Yeah I just saw the same exact thing. It should widen the look of the helmet nicely too! Nervous to mess up the clean lines, but will give it a go.

Yeah I noticed after looking at the prop and thought the figuarts was inaccurate at first. At least sculpt is there that's most important. I've had some good luck with model master acrylic gloss black (in little glass bottles) on 3.75" figures. It's pretty thin so you can just add a drop of water and if you work fast it levels pretty nicely. I tried using tamiya masking tape and it was a disaster so I won't be bothering with that again.

IMG_1671.jpg
IMG_1670.jpg

Turned out great!! Adds so much to it and makes it look even more like a baby Hot Toys haha. It's not perfect, but it's so hard to keep steady hands and clean up with Q-tips is way more tedious than it seems it should be.

Awesome. Yeah I think a well painted visor really does make these give hot toys a run for their money.

Just won the Heavy Gunner Trooper. Bit of an impulse buy. The auction was at $66, and I just put a max big of $67 in the last three seconds. Wasn't trying to hard to win it, but surprisingly I did. Nice to get that one out of the way.

A slight update from the FedEx rep via online chat:

I show the shipment has not arrived in the US yet. I show this is a back log of freight in Japan. I do not have an exact time as to when it will move due to heavy volume. I apologize

I also contacted HLJ regarding the shipping delay, their response today 12/23/16:

Thank you for writing. Due to the increase in the volume of cargo lately, there is a delay in FedEx operation right now. FedEx has told us that they will transfer your package as soon as possible, so you should see a move within a few days. We are very sorry for the trouble, but your understanding is much appreciated.
Thank you for shopping with HobbyLink Japan!

Slight off topic question, what do you do with the brown boxes you get from the exclusives? Haha i personally throw them away. I don't see any value in keeping them. Some people on the secondary market make it a big deal stating that their figure "comes with the brown box" even though the figure's been opened already. How bout you guys?

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Slight off topic question, what do you do with the brown boxes you get from the exclusives? Haha i personally throw them away. I don't see any value in keeping them. Some people on the secondary market make it a big deal stating that their figure "comes with the brown box" even though the figure's been opened already. How bout you guys?

I keep em. It protects the boxes and I've seen many boxes get easily damaged.

I keep mine as well. Unless a domestic figure is really hot, I usually toss those boxes. However, for imports, I save all the boxes, including the brown box. I just store the box that came in it with it, so it isn't taking any more space. I figure if the time ever comes where I'm forced to sell off my collection, I'll want to get as much as possible for them. If the brown box helps me, I may as well keep it. :)

Oh i see. But does it really add that much value to a figure? Haha if so, then i'll probably stop throwing them away in case i ever needed to sell some of my stuff someday haha

Oh i see. But does it really add that much value to a figure? Haha if so, then i'll probably stop throwing them away in case i ever needed to sell some of my stuff someday haha

I honestly have no idea if it increases its value, my friend. But I'd rather err on the side of caution. :)

Personally, I keep them because they have that extra "exclusive" feeling and I also like the fact that the figure is complete with everything it came with.

If you leave a note on your door with your signature FedEx will leave your International package at the door as long as its not a Direct Signature. But I don't know how your Post Office is leaving a EMS package at your home with no signature unless they are signing your name on their pads. Signatures are required for EMS packages and you have to be home to sign for it, otherwise you will have to pick up at the Post Office.

Back