S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ugh, the Shoretrooper seems to be selling out everywhere cheap (hlj, nippon) and I was waiting as I don't have the money for this figure yet. I only want one and now I'm kicking myself that I didn't get it for $42 shipped from HLJ. Does anyone know any other options for $45ish shipped unregistered SAL? I really want one of these but can't see paying 50 plus. Do not understand why some of these figuarts sell out so quickly. They were literally just released. It would be one thing if they got a consistent restock, but that seems to be up in the air depending on the figure.

Guys, I dont want to complain but has anyone experienced something akin to the following?

I ordered R1 Figuarts from HLJ for first time and yes they are cheaper and shipping is cheaper, this is great. However, I chose fedex over EMS thinking it would be faster. I only used fedex once with anime export and it was in the US in two days. My package was shipped saturday and reached the Narita fedex facility monday and every day this week has shown similar scans indicating it arrived and is in transit at Narita facility. At this point I have no expectations and I just want some clarity. Does anyone think the pkg is stuck because fedex may be exceeding plane loads or something? HLJ says max 5 days for fedex so I will wait twice the length as indicated on their website before contacting them.

I work for UPS billing so I am taking into consideration holidays and high volume. Again, just wondering if anyone has some insight or similar situation. Ive never had a pkg from Japan sit this long (almost 5 business days). It is possible the scans are inaccurate but I do plan to contact fedex tomorrow.

Thanks!

At this time of year..yes I would say the scans could be delayed information. Your package could be on its way sooner than you think. The computer updates could be off. I'd wait a little longer, until the weekend perhaps. FedEx is extremely slow this time of year. EMS would've been a better choice for you. FedEx might have seemed faster in the past from overseas but not during the holidays IMO.

EMS is still the post office and they usually give the proper tracking of a package even during the holidays

Ugh, the Shoretrooper seems to be selling out everywhere cheap (hlj, nippon) and I was waiting as I don't have the money for this figure yet. I only want one and now I'm kicking myself that I didn't get it for $42 shipped from HLJ. Does anyone know any other options for $45ish shipped unregistered SAL? I really want one of these but can't see paying 50 plus. Do not understand why some of these figuarts sell out so quickly. They were literally just released. It would be one thing if they got a consistent restock, but that seems to be up in the air depending on the figure.

Did you try AmiAmi

They closed my account because I cancelled some figures due to the price/delays. But unless their shipping is really cheap for a single figure it looks like it's more than I want to pay. Might have to hope that amazon prices drop or he pops up again on mandarake.

https://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOGDS-208930

Guys, I dont want to complain but has anyone experienced something akin to the following?

I ordered R1 Figuarts from HLJ for first time and yes they are cheaper and shipping is cheaper, this is great. However, I chose fedex over EMS thinking it would be faster. I only used fedex once with anime export and it was in the US in two days. My package was shipped saturday and reached the Narita fedex facility monday and every day this week has shown similar scans indicating it arrived and is in transit at Narita facility. At this point I have no expectations and I just want some clarity. Does anyone think the pkg is stuck because fedex may be exceeding plane loads or something? HLJ says max 5 days for fedex so I will wait twice the length as indicated on their website before contacting them.

I work for UPS billing so I am taking into consideration holidays and high volume. Again, just wondering if anyone has some insight or similar situation. Ive never had a pkg from Japan sit this long (almost 5 business days). It is possible the scans are inaccurate but I do plan to contact fedex tomorrow.

Thanks!

Same scenario for me, though mine shipped on Fri and still nothing. Bummer, but I do have my shipment from Nin Nin Game that's supposed to show up today... We'll see if that happens haha

At this time of year..yes I would say the scans could be delayed information. Your package could be on its way sooner than you think. The computer updates could be off. I'd wait a little longer, until the weekend perhaps. FedEx is extremely slow this time of year. EMS would've been a better choice for you. FedEx might have seemed faster in the past from overseas but not during the holidays IMO.

EMS is still the post office and they usually give the proper tracking of a package even during the holidays

I was supposed to receive my SHF SW figs yesterday via FedEx. I checked online and confirmed w/online chat.....My package is still in the air and hasn't landed in the states yet. Yep there will be a delay.

Not that this comment is necessarily helpful, but I've ordered many things from HLJ over the years and always choose EMS. I've never had a problem with delays or tracking and things always arrive fast enough. To be fair, I pretty much steer clear of FedEX regardless and only use it if there are no other options. I've always had trouble receiving packages from FedEX and they always deliver when I'm not home and won't leave the package, unlike the post office (EMS) which will. Besides, even if the post office doesn't leave the package, it's far easier to pick-up a package from the neighborhood post office than the outskirts of the city FedEX hub.

I was supposed to receive my SHF SW figs yesterday via FedEx. I checked online and confirmed w/online chat.....My package is still in the air and hasn't landed in the states yet. Yep there will be a delay.

Not sure which seems worse your pkg saying it arrived and del soon yet never left Japan or mine with the scans showing stuck in Narita for days. Personally, I feel like yours would be more disappointing because you had false hope it would arrive in timely fashion. I am curious if fedex csr can provide anything more accurate in my case. I have no idea what to expect lol.

Thanks everyone for the shared stories and information. I honestly cannot complain because I only paid $14 for fedex whereas cdjapan or amiami usually $20-$30 for EMS. This is my first experience with HLJ and they did wait longer than other sites to request payment but I am confident that saving $4-$8 on a figure on average plus savings on tracked shipping will be worth it.

Not sure which seems worse your pkg saying it arrived and del soon yet never left Japan or mine with the scans showing stuck in Narita for days. Personally, I feel like yours would be more disappointing because you had false hope it would arrive in timely fashion. I am curious if fedex csr can provide anything more accurate in my case. I have no idea what to expect lol.

Thanks everyone for the shared stories and information. I honestly cannot complain because I only paid $14 for fedex whereas cdjapan or amiami usually $20-$30 for EMS. This is my first experience with HLJ and they did wait longer than other sites to request payment but I am confident that saving $4-$8 on a figure on average plus savings on tracked shipping will be worth it.

A slight update from the FedEx rep via online chat:

I show the shipment has not arrived in the US yet. I show this is a back log of freight in Japan. I do not have an exact time as to when it will move due to heavy volume. I apologize

A slight update from the FedEx rep via online chat:

I show the shipment has not arrived in the US yet. I show this is a back log of freight in Japan. I do not have an exact time as to when it will move due to heavy volume. I apologize

Mine as well, it showed yesterday as the delivery date, but they still haven't arrived in the US.

My fedex has been stuck as well. It's at Sennan now after being at Narita for days. The really dumb thing is I was considering delaying shipment until after Christmas for this very reason. But I thought maybe FedEx out of Japan wouldn't be a big deal.

8fbec76bba87374a56197abfff08e188.jpg

Source: rebelscum forums

It's from Twitter, and apparently shows, from left to right, Bandai kit, Black series, and SHF. The kit may or may not have been repainted, if the yellow bands are moulded pieces in that colour then it's definitely been modified

b0cb1923c327d1dfbeff7f89918ab671.jpg

:0

Hopefully it'll come back

Man, I'm so glad the only things I ordered from R1 were two of these and the tank commander. Everything else is still hanging around, I fully expected the Death Troopers to be gone by this point and the Shoretroopers to shelfwarm.

I'm wondering if they made more of the death trooper as it was the first one seen and iconic, and also there are barely any paint apps, where the shoretrooper has the most of any Figuarts Star Wars yet.

On a sidenote, I just noticed you can change the conversion method in paypal, does anyone know if paypal is better than the credit card rate? I have a chase freedom card and cant find any information, but I do know paypal's conversions is a dollar more than a google search. I'm worried about foreign transaction fees with the card though.

IMG_1646.jpg

Trying to decide if these troops mix as well as I had hoped. I would snag the Figuarts versions in a heartbeat if they made them. This has to be my favorite Trooper yet!

Also, just saw this on Facebook, some official photos! No clue about date or whether it's an exclusive yet. (But I'm sure it will be)

15665829_1581657225183929_5848182793902489672_n.jpg

Back