S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
None of the BS figures is an actual alternative to the S.H. Figuarts.

I admit that some of them are quite good figures, but always into its own quality standards.

So, a repainted BS Chewie is just a superficial improvement.

Very true. Personally i can't go back to black series figures after dabbling in imports, everything i collect, including customs, is all import styled (and I'm not even into anime or anything, i just like the aesthetic of japanese-made figures- the joints are just so much better). I just thought maybe some others wouldn't feel as strongly as me about this

Btw does anyone know what the little hole in the clone's helmet is here? Its appeared like that for several shows, I'm assuming its some kind of prototyping-related thing. It's an actual hole, not just surface detailing
https://www.flickr.com/photos/97939553@N02/29911652750/

EDIT: And in the chest too

I really cant justify the inflated price Tamashii wants for unmasked Kylo, not for the same figure with one new accessory and a new head (the mask in hand doesnt count, its hollow so less plastic than the original head to make) for £15 more than the original? Its not even because of likeness since Mafex version is still cheaper.

Yeah, basically Mafex Kylo and Rei are my last attempts with that company; if they dont deliver in quality, then I will go soley with Tamashii.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I really cant justify the inflated price Tamashii wants for unmasked Kylo, not for the same figure with one new accessory and a new head (the mask in hand doesnt count, its hollow so less plastic than the original head to make) for £15 more than the original? Its not even because of likeness since Mafex version is still cheaper.

Yeah, basically Mafex Kylo and Rei are my last attempts with that company; if they dont deliver in quality, then I will go soley with Tamashii.

Mafex?
Good luck.

Anyway, I agree about Exclusive S.H. Kylo. I think we the customers should start to say "no" to that kind of exclusives. If we accept this, then we can expect more and more of them.
I predict an Exclusive Jango without helmet and alternate backpack.

Hey, I'm waiting for your Jango review!

Enviat des del meu GT-I9505 usant Tapatalk

Since all the Rogue One and ANH stuff started hitting, TFA has somewhat gone off my radar. I'd far rather have Rogue One troopers than FO ones now. After troopers and Han and Chewie I think that could be me done with Star Wars, we'll see....

I got a cast of the BS SDCC melted Vader helmet to go with my SHF Kylo Ren. The dude also offers a unmasked Kylo head, but thinks it may be too big for SHF.

20161012_070220-1.jpg
20161012_090014-1.jpg

The proportions look right for the melted Vader helmet to Kylo and the detail looks right when compared to the PropShop exact replica.
VH-straight-on.jpg

Mafex?
Good luck.

Anyway, I agree about Exclusive S.H. Kylo. I think we the customers should start to say "no" to that kind of exclusives. If we accept this, then we can expect more and more of them.
I predict an Exclusive Jango without helmet and alternate backpack.

Hey, I'm waiting for your Jango review!

Enviat des del meu GT-I9505 usant Tapatalk
The Vader one I got wasnt bad and I didnt get stung with 3po so I feel I can try them one more time.

I dont think ill be getting Jango though im afraid, he never really interested me enough, nowhere near as much as Boba (who I will buy in a heartbeat if figuarts makes him)

Yeah I agree it's not worth it for the repackaged Kylo with a new hat.

And mafex is on its last chance with me too.

I hope mafex boba will be good. He's a couple of months late already. I preordered, but not excited anymore

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

I hope mafex boba will be good. He's a couple of months late already. I preordered, but not excited anymore

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

In my experience, MAFEX looks so good until you start to play with them. I had the Amazing Spider-Man, the first Dark Knight, Stormtrooper and Darth Vader. All them had some important flaws.
That said, yes, they still have some attractive, but I think its only in appearance. If weren't that, I would even prefer some MAFEX figures over SHF. I think that a MAFEX Jedi Knight Luke with all the accessories from ROTJ (Jabba's Palace, Endor Gear, Final duel) would be awesome.

Deano buddy, you gotta keep in mind that kylo is a reasonable price for the good folks of japan, Tamashii/Bandai arent doing this line with any other market in mind at the moment. Its that damn mouses fault

Nah, there are none so far, people speculate its because the face printing technique is too hard to replicate.

Great to hear. I saw that there are some fake Dragonballs and started worrying, as eBay is a great place to find good deals but it's also risky when it comes to bootlegs.

In my experience, MAFEX looks so good until you start to play with them. I had the Amazing Spider-Man, the first Dark Knight, Stormtrooper and Darth Vader. All them had some important flaws.
That said, yes, they still have some attractive, but I think its only in appearance. If weren't that, I would even prefer some MAFEX figures over SHF. I think that a MAFEX Jedi Knight Luke with all the accessories from ROTJ (Jabba's Palace, Endor Gear, Final duel) would be awesome.

Strange. I have both the Mafex Vader and the ASM2 Spidey, and both have been terrific. Only real problem I had was a bit of a loose shoulder joint with Spidey, but it was an easy fix.

Figuarts is better than Mafex more often than not, but I really feel like some collectors are too quick to praise Figuarts and crap on Mafex. Some Figuarts have their faults too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My ANH Luke just arrived today. Beyond happy with this figure. I can't wait for the rest of the EP IV cast to be released. Now all I gotta do is get some figure stands. Any suggestions?

Back