S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually prod, in a new hope they were quite red all the way through that film, especially in light.

hqdefault.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Maybe it's the lighting in the picture but it's too red imo. Should look a bit more subtle. In the film it was red but never THAT red.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got my first SH Figuarts, a TFA Riot Control Stormie, WOW these are pretty remarkable! The Hasbro Black series was good enough but these are on a whole new level, even more so than the Bandai Sprukits. I think these will now be my go to line for armored troopers. Just wish these came with a stand since the feet are hard plastic and love to slip around on smooth surfaces.

Im not normally one for showing these, but a new BS Vader has appeared, based off his epIV/Rogue 1 design, and it doesnt look half bad for a BS figure. Surprised they actually knew to put the cloth on the outside tbh.

View attachment 297240

As you usually said, the problem with Hasbro is the final product.
Most of their promo pics make the figures desirable. For several reasons, some of these get a good final production and some others just turn really bad.
By my own experience, this never happens with S.H. Figuarts, just the opposite. Almost every S.H. gets better on final production and in hand.
So, don't be excited about this Vader. It could be a great-decent figure for 30$ or just be a nightmare.

Oh, I know Kunanuk, I know, I was just surprised at it looking decent after their last attempt at Vader. Dont worry, I wont buy it regardless, no excitement here :p

I got my first SH Figuarts, a TFA Riot Control Stormie, WOW these are pretty remarkable! The Hasbro Black series was good enough but these are on a whole new level, even more so than the Bandai Sprukits. I think these will now be my go to line for armored troopers. Just wish these came with a stand since the feet are hard plastic and love to slip around on smooth surfaces.

I only planned on getting Vader. Then I made an impulse buy with Obi Wan and have been hooked ever since. This figures are wallet killers. Not sure how I'm gonna manage the next few months with all these Rogue One releases. Unmasked Kylo is a must as well as Han Solo. $90 and $70, respectively. Crazy prices, but I'm already in too deep.

Should be getting Jango any minute. Need this mailman to quicken the pace!

As you usually said, the problem with Hasbro is the final product.
Most of their promo pics make the figures desirable. For several reasons, some of these get a good final production and some others just turn really bad.
By my own experience, this never happens with S.H. Figuarts, just the opposite. Almost every S.H. gets better on final production and in hand.
So, don't be excited about this Vader. It could be a great-decent figure for 30$ or just be a nightmare.

This may not matter for the new BS Vader, but I've noticed that the latest Hasbro Marvel Legends have a new approach for painting faces, especially eyes on their most recent releases and they're far better than what they've done in the past. I only have two recent BS figures, both of Jyn Erso and the eye paint looks really good on those two. I have a Ahsoka Tano from the series just before and the eye paint sucks there. So I believe Hasbro has improved their painting apps on the Legends and BS recently.

I think you mean pre-order. I don't think you will have missed out yet. More often than not a figure can still be found long after any pre-order period has expired. I will admit that I have done it, but only when I know the retailer and I'm guaranteed to get what I want.

I wouldn't sweat it yet and keep checking eBay, MyKombini and AmiAmi have stores there. Han and Rogue One figures are up on eBay now, and I just found a couple of places with Kylo:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BANDAI-S...879937?hash=item41b2d07441:g:mLsAAOSwFe5X1mYu

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Premium-...231617?hash=item2116d8dc01:g:zdcAAOSwzaJX2RSz

He does seem pricey! I have a Harley on PO from DenDen and she was less than that.

I'd rather wait for mandarake and buy a 2nd hand unmasked kylo ren

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

These are getting better and better. Now just give me better vader so I don't have to go with BS

I love the shading in Han's hair, the gold is getting subtler and subtler with each release. I really like it's inclusion though, it just adds something to the figure. Some people might argue that the gold isn't accurate, but neither is drab, dull, plastic looking hair. The gold just draws your eye and gives the hair that "sheen" that is accurate to real life

Back