S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@guyver I understand you liking the cloth mod, but for the life of me I do not understand how you can like having the plastic scarf over it. It completely ruins the look imo.:dunno

View attachment 241345Okay I guess I got the new revised version which makes sense how I was able to find it :dunno

So since they said the new version of the BS Kylo has a better scarf I decided to put the mod with the new scarf replacing the Figuarts one

I will say the hood lays more flatter now with the BS V3 Scarf but it doesn't shine as much

What do you think

Kylo mod with Figuarts scarf

DSC07624.jpg

IMG_0591.JPG

Mod with V3 BS scarf

DSC07636.jpg

DSC07638.jpg

View attachment 241345

Sorry for these weirdly assembled pics but Photobucket is down for now for repairs :gah:

Last edited:
They look fantastic either way guyver1, but I think Sil means that plastic on fabric is strange in general, it would look better fully fabric I think is what he is trying to say :)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Yeah, plastic over cloth is the worst. It looks like melted armor.:lol

It doesn't look that bad mixing the plastic with the cloth IMO, especially with this figuarts Ren. It does look a little more balanced with the BS scarf though so I think i"ll leave it this way for now

And I noted earlier, the beauty of this being figuarts, is can go back to the stock figures outfit if I wanted too.

TBH the black series scarf looks a bit too bulky. The SHF scarf looks slimmer and doesn't bunch on the shoulders. The cloth goods from TBS does really ad an extra layer of depth.

I'll wait to see if one of the cape makers can assemble something specific for the figure. The way the hood is stitched doesn't work well for either figure.

Really nice job Sil! I would be totally happy with that man, especially since its a from scratch job! I will just say the scarf looks a bit too ragged if you know what I mean, but its still fine to me.

BTW folks, dont know if it was posted before, but heres a nice shot that shows Phasmas height quite well:

Tamashii-Nations-SH-Figuarts-TFA-and-OT.jpg

She looks a tad taller than Kylo, which is actually a good height for figuarts. Still wont look right next to model kit troops, but will if in a full figuarts display imo. Oh, and that tatooine Luke, must have if only for that lightsaber, although he looks massively out of scale with the ROTJ Luke. Wish it was Bespin Luke but I can deal with it until that one comes out.

Great start Silrian I'm envious, clothing isn't my thing. :lol Like to see your finished version

Recreating a moment

A person can dream can't they

And before anyone freaks out. Obi and Kylo are bending down in action stances so the scale is not off :wink1:

Last edited:
@Big D and Guyver thanks. Nice shots Guy, what is that blue filter/ring/base thing you use?

I tweaked it a little bit and it's starting to grow on me, I can't freakin get pictures as close to how dark it is irl dammit. Ironically, even though I can now, I'm still not gonna pose him much else than this.:lol Not doable to get these sharp with this thing because I have dim the contrast enough to get closer to how it is irl.
tumblr_o1sn5hE5F61s4ie08o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_o1smpngqR71se08o2_540.png

Selling my Star Wars Figuarts. Just couldn't get that excited about them when I have all of these in 1/6 scale. Just going to focus Star Wars main characters in 1/6 size and troopers in black series.

@Big D and Guyver thanks. Nice shots Guy, what is that blue filter/ring/base thing you use?

I tweaked it a little bit and it's starting to grow on me, I can't freakin get pictures as close to how dark it is irl dammit. Ironically, even though I can now, I'm still not gonna pose him much else than this.:lol Not doable to get these sharp with this thing because I have dim the contrast enough to get closer to how it is irl.
tumblr_o1sn5hE5F61s4ie08o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_o1smpngqR71s4ie08o2_540.png

Still looking good Sirl!

It's actually a cool base I got from an included piece from an Iron Man figure. I photoshopped the colors :wave

Thanks.

Yeah if you're into 1/6 than it makes little sense to me to spend money on these I guess.

Ah okay, I love when you can repurpose stuff. Part of the fabric I used for Kylo fittingly came from an old Vader doll.:lol

Back