S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image.jpg

Green saber. I will say after having most of my SW Figuarts wearing all black outfits, TPM Obi is such a nice contrast to the black and figure blends so well with the others

Last edited:
So you guys got me looking at Vader's cape.

Black helm on the white body looks neat too.
Forgot to take a pic of that.

So you guys got me looking at Vader's cape.

Black helm on the white body looks neat too.
Forgot to take a pic of that.

I like the cape look on the shadow trooper. Not feeling the cape on the white reg version, sorry

So I decided after three days 'screw it, I'll keep him'.

K5aIJFm.jpg

7cGjvib.jpg

You can, with some fiddling, cheat a crouch using the ab joint. It's the same excellent design as the FO Trooper.

BOUo2Lx.jpg

"Droids, I'm Galactic Empire..."

gaYowOQ.jpg

0Su6tbp.jpg

ppdwoG3.jpg

I feel like this figure's been unfairly maligned in most reviews. Yes, there are some accuracy issues with the helmet, gauntlets and belt, yes it should have come with a holster and a second weapon, and yes the articulation in the hips and knees is limited. However, none of those things detract from what a well-made, solid, fun figure this is.

I'm very glad I gave it a chance, I might pick up at least one more now - and maybe try and make some holsters for them.

^ looks good, but I think for some reason the F. O. Version seems to be better, don't know why :dunno

^ looks good, but I think for some reason the F. O. Version seems to be better, don't know why :dunno

Not debating that, I have several FO Troopers with more on the way. Early contender for 6" figure of the year.

That said, design-wise you can't beat a classic.

I'm really surprised that most of you are so glad with S.H. Figuarts Stormtrooper. IMO, this figure is even more frustrating than Vader:

- Small and inaccurate helmet.
- Large neck
- Spherized and stretched chest armor.
- Small shoulder armor pieces
- Limited articulation on ankles
- No holster for gun
- No secondary gun
- Oversized Blaster
- Even being S.H. Figuarts proportions, is a little short to be a Stormtrooper ;)

So... yes, it still can be a good S.H. Figuarts, but not a good FO Stormie.
Talking about accuracy, the Black Series one is better, I think.

I'm still impressed with S.H. Figuarts Clone Trooper. That's my reference for accuracy, articulation and overall quality.

I was thinking that MAFEX troopers would be the most balanced versions, and they could replace S.H. Figuarts, but the problem is that they are taller than S.H. humans. I also expect a MAFEX Phasma.

So, my perfect choice would be:

Humans, Droids, Aliens - S.H. Figuarts
Troopers - MAFEX

I don't know, people, I don't know... this is mind-blowing... :dunno

Back