S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a bit disappointed in the saturation on both blades that ome with Obi, they're noticably lesser than maul luke and kylo's.

Yeah I thought the illumination is a bit fainter but it's still very impressive

Force welders unite! :wink1:

The camera doesn't give him credit, in hand there is no mistaking this is Ewan as Obi Wan:lecture

Last edited:
Agreed, in hand the likeness is as they say, uncanny. The blade does genuinely irk me. Blade colors should really pop. Irl I can get the blade to look as blue as on your photos for example, half the time it's almost gray to even purplish.

Looks classy on a stand King Darkness! I've got mine in a similar pose on my desk at the moment, and I've got to say Kylo's saber really pops! (And hilt incredibly detailed for something this small)

This isn't the Stormtrooper I'm looking for...

OXpluLF.jpg

Showed up today. One of the box flaps was slightly bowed outwards, so I've set it between some books to flatten it out. The inaccuracies in the helmet, gauntlets and midsection are just as apparent through the box window in-hand as they are in photographs. I've also watched a few reviews that make it clear just how limited the articulation on this figure is.

Flip it and put the money towards more of the excellent FO Troopers, or keep it because for all its faults it's still the all-round best OT Trooper figure?

I could go off on a long tangent at this point about how these companies keep getting the classic Stormtrooper wrong - all it would cost them £1600, a return ticket to the UK, and overnight accommodation to pick up a full suit of 'hero' armour from Andrew Ainsworth to examine and reproduce in miniature...

Tbh from that particular angle the helmet doesnt look all that bad haha! I think that Mafex got the look right, but it is let down by its quality control.

Tbh from that particular angle the helmet doesnt look all that bad haha! I think that Mafex got the look right, but it is let down by its quality control.

The Mafex sculpt, as far as I can tell, is dead-on. Medicom must have some really hardcore Star Wars fans working for them, all their Star Wars figures so far have had little details most premium manufacturers miss, like the asymmetrical matte and gloss sections on Vader's helmet. Like you say, it's just the engineering and QC that fail it.

I actually found a BS Kylo at Target this morning. I nearly fainted, I've never seen him in any of my stores, not once. I actually saw BS Rey and F.O. Trooper before I saw Kylo:horror

Anyway I'm going to try the Figuarts outfit mod to see if it makes a difference:wink1:

Three to four years from now, with Tamashii still pumping out SW figures, someone's gonna make a thread titled "Share/Show off your SHF Star Wars collection pics thread" or something like that.

I haven't paid attention to Medicom in a while, are their figures still as brittle as a biscuit? Their limbs used to snap off just like that, whether it was an overpriced 1/6 figure or their Kubrick figures.

Now you see ^ why would anyone want to turn this into a glorified BS figure when that looks great.

Not to mention the pattern on the BS series looks like sportswear.

I need a ANH/ESB figure preorder any day now. :impatient:

Imo the mod makes the figure just pop. The texture is pretty much how it was in the movies. While the Figuart as is is spectacular, the cloth only adds to it.

Sent from Capsule Corp using Tapatalk

You're not crazy for liking what you like.

I mean, the redo BS is a damn fine figure in itself.

2015-12-21 09.36.58_zpsv5tuatmp.jpg

2016-01-17 19.15.54_zpslk0xj76m.jpg

That's why I own one and am leaving it as is.

Imo the mod makes the figure just pop. The texture is pretty much how it was in the movies. While the Figuart as is is spectacular, the cloth only adds to it.

Sent from Capsule Corp using Tapatalk

:exactly: something about this particular SG outfit design of the BS that meshes naturally with the Figuarts body. Feels like a brand new figure IMO now. :yess:

The best part is because it's Figuarts I could revert back to stock unhooded version at anytime. I'm just glad I was able to futz with the hood to get to look decent, some of these mods the hood looked strange to me , the hood looked all over the place so I feared that was what I was stuck with, to my surprise I just had to futz with it some more.

image.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Like I've been saying finding a BS Kylo to mod was like a true needle in a haystack for me, for whatever reason I could not find him in any of my stores. So I was stunned beyond belief to finally find him at target yesterday. BTW only had one, went to all my usual haunts, numerous TRUs, targets, Walmarts in my area afterwards and..nada, practically a Finn bonanza :pfft:

So now I'm relieved, IMO I have the Kylo I want, until they release a better version, which of course, I'll be anticipating

Back