S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are the model kits still aren't being distributed to U.S. Vendors

I'm not sure but I saw someone's youtube's review on the Falcon and he's from the U.S.A.

ebay is full of them, they simply cant be sold IN America or the UK, but its still as easy to import them. You cant buy these in shops, but you can still buy them, same deal applies ;)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I don't particularly want a Phasma figure, but just on the basis of personal preference I'd rather have a high-quality reflective metallic paint than a vac-metallised finish. Vac-metal/chrome almost always ends up flaking or tarnishing eventually, not to mention being a fingerprint magnet.

The vac chrome bandai uses on the model kits (on 3po at least) works really well, is actually hard to leave a print on and hasnt flaked on me yet.

They really do, even without the back, I just really like the steps:lol
927477_1116683048372504_1167785686_n.jpg

Whoa this is a great shot Jaycepticon!!!

Can you or someone please tell me if these are the 3 different brand of 6" troops?
I've been looking for comparison of troops - this image is great!...and from my guess:

back row = Hasbro Black Series
middle row = Medicom MAEFX
front row = Bandai Figuarts

is this correct?
different_6_scale_figures_01.png

Nope, theres no mafex in there by the looks. The middle is still figuarts (can never get over that god ugly head sculpt on the og stormtrooper)

Whoa this is a great shot Jaycepticon!!!

Can you or someone please tell me if these are the 3 different brand of 6" troops?
I've been looking for comparison of troops - this image is great!...and from my guess:

middle row = Medicom MAEFX
front row = Bandai Figuarts
different_6_scale_figures_01.png

thanks, and it's actually;

middle row = SH Figuarts
front row = SH Figuarts

thanks, and it's actually;

middle row = SH Figuarts
front row = SH Figuarts

Nope, theres no mafex in there by the looks. The middle is still figuarts (can never get over that god ugly head sculpt on the og stormtrooper)

Ok thanks for the correction!

Made the mistake of buying one the other day, further proving that no good decisions are ever made at 4am on a Saturday night :slap

Looking at various reviews and photos, I think I'm just going to stick it on Ebay the moment it arrives.

Mine might also but think you're gonna beat me to it.:lol

EDIT: got it!

I have to say in hand I realised: this is not TPM Obi-wan, it straight up is AotC Obi-Wan with a TPM Obi-Wan head. the fact that his inner chest shirt is darker made me realise it. This isn't a painting mistake or something, this simply is a head swap with a figure we haven't gotten yet (AotC Obi-Wan) but was shown already, next to Grievous.

Nevertheless so happy to finally have this character and figure again in such a fantastic rendition. In hand the likeness is a tie between this and Maul as best in this series so far, incredible.

Got my two obi's yesterday. Incredible figures. More and more impressed by Figuarts with each release.

Episode 1 obi is a grail so for him to turn out as good as it did is epic to me.

Absolutely love it. I've seen pictures making the headsculpts look horrendous but in hand they are PERFECT

I'm so impressed! Again!

Mine might also but think you're gonna beat me to it.:lol

EDIT: got it!

I have to say in hand I realised: this is not TPM Obi-wan, it straight up is AotC Obi-Wan with a TPM Obi-Wan head. the fact that his inner chest shirt is darker made me realise it. This isn't a painting mistake or something, this simply is a head swap with a figure we haven't gotten yet (AotC Obi-Wan) but was shown already, next to Grievous.

Nevertheless so happy to finally have this character and figure again in such a fantastic rendition. In hand the likeness is a tie between this and Maul as best in this series so far, incredible.

You know, I think you might have just hit the nail on the head there man. Looking at costume pics it does bear more resemblance to AotC Ob-Wans outfit, so much so that it would literally just require a head-swap to have that figure since he still uses his TPM lightsaber in AotC too. Tamashii really are thinking ahead here. Obviously they cant do it with RotJ Obi-Wan, the outfit is noticeably different in that film (better I would say) but most buyers of this figure? wont even notice.

Attachments

• 93225-9761467Fr.jpg
    93225-9761467Fr.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 214
You know, I think you might have just hit the nail on the head there man. Looking at costume pics it does bear more resemblance to AotC Ob-Wans outfit, so much so that it would literally just require a head-swap to have that figure since he still uses his TPM lightsaber in AotC too. Tamashii really are thinking ahead here. Obviously they cant do it with RotJ Obi-Wan, the outfit is noticeably different in that film (better I would say) but most buyers of this figure? wont even notice.

RotJ obiwan was a bearded old man in force ghost form.

the AotC Obi-Wan has lighter pants than the Figuarts TPM, they might just straight up repaint parts of his body.

Last edited:
Oh it seems I made a mistake looking at that picture, it's exactly the opposite with AotC Obi-wan. SHF TPM Obi is the inverse of AotC Obi-Wan. Okay... I really don't get the pants or the inner shirt being darker then.

Back