S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey thanks for the idea for Luke's robe, decided to try it out! :wave, Didn't know how I could've missed this idea

Doesn't it look great I'm actually thinking about buying another an making it tightly fit his body and punch out arm holes

Just opened up Kylo Ren. The hood is a bit goofy and it takes some nuanced posing to make this figure look good, but I'm loving the Kylo Ren figuarts.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451282477.898930.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451282489.200979.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451282503.574627.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451282513.162959.jpg

Star Wars collection shaping up nicely. Haven't opened Clone trooper, battle droid yet (have 3 of each but since they are prequels think I'll only keep 1 of each) and have 2 extra stormtroopers, a shadow trooper and 5 more first order troopers sitting around waiting for me to have more space. Vader is in a box somewhere too.

I'm scared how deep this line can go but bring on Han, Chewy, Finn, Rey and Poe!

Why hasn't anyone tried heating the hood and then dip it in cold water? Credit of the picture goes to Fwoosh user Trigun439 for his amazing mod for Kylo's hood! :clap:clap:clap

PropertyofTrigun439jpg.jpg

I remember seeing some "Empire Corridor-looking" backgrounds for use with 6" figures. They came with crates too, does anybody know where I can find those, if they're even out yet?
Fwoosh reviewed them, they are made by GTP I believe, but they arent cheap. I think they were $100 for a pack of them.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Surlyj - that second pic looks great.

That heated hood mod looks awesome. Cannot wait to get this figure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why hasn't anyone tried heating the hood and then dip it in cold water? Credit of the picture goes to Fwoosh user Trigun439 for his amazing mod for Kylo's hood! :clap:clap:clap

View attachment 232646

That's exactly what I planned on doing...

But then I saw this. The cape looks made for him! Both ways look great to be honest!

Hey thanks for the idea for Luke's robe, decided to try it out! :wave, Didn't know how I could've missed this idea

The heated hood looks great! I might be one of the few here that doesn't like soft goods, they often look too baggy or just plain odd on a very nicely sculpted figure.

View attachment 232646

That's a LOT better, if I can get that to work I'm not bothering switching out to cloth material I think. Highly depends on how it looks for me in hand with my lighting. And whether I wanna pose him more acrobatically, cause i still dislike the 'panel' effect.

That's a LOT better, if I can get that to work I'm not bothering switching out to cloth material I think. Highly depends on how it looks for me in hand with my lighting. And whether I wanna pose him more acrobatically, cause i still dislike the 'panel' effect.

You will and must make it work cause deep down you dislike having a mix of plastic and cloth on your figure

I'll try the water dunk on the hood..thanks guys:wave

Although I kind of like the hoodie pulled back look too

Last edited:
Asked a few questions on here about availibity of these fantastic figures over the last few days and have been pointed in the right direction by a few of you.
Trouble is I really want the Luke Skywalker figure but it seems I'm even too late for the reissue. £73 on Amazon now, pretty much the same from Nippon Yassan. Prices have been rising since I've been looking these past two days.
I was willing to pay over the odds for him this one time but it just seems too much for a 6" figure, there's a Darth Maul on Amazon for £48 which I'd definitely be in for if I could nab a Luke at a decent price but Maul is the only prequel character I'd be interested in, as cool as he is I don't really want to take the risk of just being able to get him.
Being a 7 year old when ROTJ came out Jedi Knight Luke was my favourite for years, didn't enjoy the prequels at all but there was always something very cool about Darth Maul, just don't know what to do!!!

Yeah I see that but missed the preorders again. And you know what we're like when we see these figures, the impatience sets in, can't get them out of your head and you need them straight away. I'd be happy if it hadn't been released yet but knowing it's already out there and looking through this thread from page 1 to here seeing all the great poses the thought of waiting til Feb/March time is a hard ask.
Maybe better going cold turkey and taking myself away from this thread

I wouldn't worry too much about missing out on a preorder. I've done that plenty of times with countless figures. You'll be able to get it when it's released and sometimes even cheaper.

Sent from Capsule Corp using Tapatalk

Rtec, all I can suggest is that you keep checking HLJ, Ami etc. during the run up to the rerelease. More figures are usually made available as the stores get their allocation. Good luck though, I can imagine the frustration! May the force be with you! :hi5:

Yeah I see that but missed the preorders again. And you know what we're like when we see these figures, the impatience sets in, can't get them out of your head and you need them straight away. I'd be happy if it hadn't been released yet but knowing it's already out there and looking through this thread from page 1 to here seeing all the great poses the thought of waiting til Feb/March time is a hard ask.
Maybe better going cold turkey and taking myself away from this thread

tumblr_mcyeksuHdq1rezavlo2_250.gif

It's only two months dude. I ordered figures in May I'm still waiting for. At least you don't have terminal cancer of which you'll die of in two months, and if you do, ask make-a-wish for the figures.

Back