S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't had any real issues with them either, they are the only ones where I haven't been hit for shipping every time I've used them.

Is AE better than CD?

I do like CDJapan a lot, but I think they upmark the exclusives a little more. You can combine shipping between items at CDJapan if they come out within a month of eachother. At Anime-Export you can have them sit there a few months; although I don't typically wait more than 3. The other thing is that CDJapan won't ship any more than 3 items together in anyway. That can get annoying fast if you're trying to combine multiple releases across many lines, because well you can't combine them. Anime Export will ship a bunch of stuff together.

CDJapan seems to be the only place you can PO something and not need to pay for it upfront.
Is it because you're a recurring customer?

They do ask me for payment upfront but I've never bought anything from CD, only Ami2 and HLJ.

I do like CDJapan a lot, but I think they upmark the exclusives a little more. You can combine shipping between items at CDJapan if they come out within a month of eachother. At Anime-Export you can have them sit there a few months; although I don't typically wait more than 3. The other thing is that CDJapan won't ship any more than 3 items together in anyway. That can get annoying fast if you're trying to combine multiple releases across many lines, because well you can't combine them. Anime Export will ship a bunch of stuff together.

thanks man :duff: very useful info. I think I'll go with AE since it's a bit cheaper, how's the shipping between the 2?

Is it because you're a recurring customer?

No. I just recently ordered my 1st 2 items from them. The Tamashii Darth Maul and this, Maul's Speeder. If you use Paypal they charge you now. If you use a credit/debit card they only have the bank check funds available for a pre-approval on the amount to be charged. They don't actually charge you till the item ships. My account just shows pending charges. If you search through their FAQ's they describe the process. They even say the pending charge only lasts for 80 days. If a pre-order is further off they will redo the pre-approval again after the 80 days. But again you don't actually get charged for anything till it ships.

mykombini is reliable, but once they have your money, they take their sweet, sweet time sending out your stuff. Everything I've ordered with them was held in limbo for a couple of weeks after I had paid.

They held a figure for 18 days before shipping it SAL. I had to email them to ask them to PLEASE go ahead and ship it. Last time I ordered through them.

No. I just recently ordered my 1st 2 items from them. The Tamashii Darth Maul and this, Maul's Speeder. If you use Paypal they charge you now. If you use a credit/debit card they only have the bank check funds available for a pre-approval on the amount to be charged. They don't actually charge you till the item ships. My account just shows pending charges. If you search through their FAQ's they describe the process. They even say the pending charge only lasts for 80 days. If a pre-order is further off they will redo the pre-approval again after the 80 days. But again you don't actually get charged for anything till it ships.

Sweeeeeet, thanks for this, I'll be able to PO now then.

Ah crap, I got a payment request from HLJ for Phasma and the Stormtrooper, but it's not the set with the BB unit I was hoping to wait to come back in stock. This is a bummer.

I"ve never had a problem with Mykombini. They shipped my Qui Gon last week, and it's now in California, so should be here next week.. I pre-ordered it a while back on their ebay page. I try to only order when ebay gives me a 10% back in ebay bucks deal. Convenient

Did you po it more than 3 months before the release date? (Dont remember when QGJ po went up but ebay loses most of its transaction functionality after 3 months.) How much was the po with them btw?

Ah crap, I got a payment request from HLJ for Phasma and the Stormtrooper, but it's not the set with the BB unit I was hoping to wait to come back in stock. This is a bummer.

No problem! Just pay it and then you can ask for a refund within 10 days once it's in your private warehouse. Afterwards you will get back only 85% as store credit. It's the easiest refund system and just another way HLJ is the best and most flexible import store.

On HLJ it said Order stop for the set but today I paid for it. So does that mean I'm getting that Phasma/trooper Set? First time I've seen this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On HLJ it said Order stop for the set but today I paid for it. So does that mean I'm getting that Phasma/trooper Set? First time I've seen this.

Yes, just means it's sold out. You'll still get your order. The newer Figuarts stuff has been selling out quickly. I don't know if they've slowed down production for the latest stuff or if there's really just much more interest in them.

Yes, just means it's sold out. You'll still get your order. The newer Figuarts stuff has been selling out quickly. I don't know if they've slowed down production for the latest stuff or if there's really just much more interest in them.

Thanks for the clarification.

it aint exactly shf but here's my mafex Rogue One vader

r7ptvr.png

NICE picture dude! I'm stoked for mine to arrive. I am gonna mod in a fabric skirt though, put it over the armor etc. (Also I think nearly everyone will agree both the existing and upcoming vaders are worse than this R1 mafex. It's between this, BS40th and the modded model kit. I prefer a the proportions, finish and accessories of this one over the other two.)

And yeah cool vid Jermaine! Can't wait for QGJ. Apart from Palpatine and Yoda, I'll have all my must-have caracters by then.

Back