S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, for me there's not all that much difference between buying a Black Series FO Stormie off the shelf and buying a Figuarts from eBay. Black Series £22 and Figuarts £38. I'd still get the Figuarts for main troops though.

Haha. My meaning was more along the lines of "You got money when you can afford to buy figures that you don't intend to keep". Even if you sell them after, that is still money tied up in product. I personally couldn't afford to do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ahh, gotcha,

I'm keeping whatever I get, I'm making up for what my folks denied me in the 70's and 80's. They hated sci fi and I didn't see the whole of the OT on the big screen till '97.

Just got Mace in, wasnt going to get him but the nippon yassan sale plus the discount "power" I got meant I got him for £35 including shipping, not bad. Im impressed with the sculpt but he is a little loose jointed unfortunately; not enough for him to not stand up but noticeable. At least I dont have the hand peg and misprint face issues!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I think I could still get one from MyKombini, I got a really good Luke from them, all his joints were tight and there were no other issues. My Maul's arm popped off but it was an easy fix.

I am very optimistic Grievous will see the light of day. As has been said, they seem to be very generous in their scheduled releases for this Star Wars line. Japan does loves its robot/androids/cybernetic characters too, so there is hope. I am praying for a Rey and Finn, i know eventually we will see them. (maybe in like 2-3 years)

Using Black series to fill in holes. That's that rich man style collecting. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I myself only go for discounted price figures for blackseries. Got myself a brand new Jabba and 4 bounty hunters for $50 after shipping. Too good to let it pass.I hardly buy full price blackseries unless its very rare. In my country we dont see lots of Blackseries tbh and almost nobody willing to import those as they dont see it worth collecting, with the quality and all.

1/10th scale Sega Yoda goes great with any 6 inch line. Detail is great too.
cb4696d6c9318b15dbd36f1d16950650.jpg

e1fcfd0b4646ad742a7bb5349c43f108.jpg

919cbaa55b1f3b05e01d4b1ed26511f4.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Ahh, gotcha,

I'm keeping whatever I get, I'm making up for what my folks denied me in the 70's and 80's. They hated sci fi and I didn't see the whole of the OT on the big screen till '97.

Yeaah man. Make up for lost time!

I was lucky to have a mom that bought me figures throughout my childhood (TMNT, He-Man, GI Joe, etc) including Hasbro figures in the late 90's.

For me it is just more nostalgia with collecting figures but with waaay higher quality product.

Yeaah man. Make up for lost time!

I was lucky to have a mom that bought me figures throughout my childhood (TMNT, He-Man, GI Joe, etc) including Hasbro figures in the late 90's.

For me it is just more nostalgia with collecting figures but with waaay higher quality product.

Indeed I am, I was, even at the time, disappointed in the articulation of the old Kenner figures though. The Figuarts do what I wanted the figures to do when I was little.

I'm glad I cancelled my p.o. The C3PO figure QC issue is frustrating for the price you pay, too bad R2 is not sold separately. I hope the TFA figures don't have the same problems with QC.
Mafex figures are notorious for broken joints. I'm crossing my fingers that my mafex batman v superman don't break off like that

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Good for him, mind you Artoo was always pretty solid no matter which form or scale he was. The old MPC model kit is the only Artoo of mine that really came to grief.

Eek. That MAFEX C-3PO is a hot mess. Easy pass. Looking forward to the SHF version, which should be coming out in 2022 or 2023, right?

Question: I have a pre-order with MyKombini, for the SHF Luke. I didn't have to pay when I placed the pre-orer back in March. So, will they send me an email when they get the figure in stock, asking for payment? Thanks in advance.

Back