S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Soo, Hasbro come up with these exclusive. Waiting for SHF to come up with old Ben. But knowing SHF, if they do come, the robes would be plastic.
Not sure if the robe on this BS figure is cloth or plastic, but seems like it would be plastic. As for Kylo, still waiting on my Mafex. Not sure why SHF didnt choose to include his unmasked head.
View attachment 273982

I've given up on Hasbro tbh. **** move after **** move. (in terms of releases and stocking) - and in fact the quality has fallen apart. I really wish disney would open up the franchise and allow other manufacturers freedom to release their product in all regions.

Woo more work done, accidently did Wolffe's shoulder pad but I'll fix that. Next up comet..

ea0d3ff28d49357ef07532b9894f751e.jpg

0fafa8bcf5ad76253293bee6416092db.jpg

8aae275acd633443ab0b1cc70083ecf4.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Hey Deano, you know the figuarts clones thigh pops down right? its just as articulated as the model, just a slightly different build and function, good review though

That Clone Trooper model kit is looking sharp. Needs a coat of Tamiya Flat Clear to be 100% accurate, though.

Now I have the correct cape for my Jedi Luke, I decided I'd give the dark brown robe to Mace Windu for the time being.

90w0pmN.jpg

E0Ic12q.jpg

Also took a good look at the Scout Trooper for the first time since receiving it. I think this set - both the bike and figure - might be the best-produced collectible I own in any scale.

d14VLbI.jpg

f0h88YD.jpg

Basically flawless, in sharp contrast to the Riot Control Trooper.

Speaking of which, going to have to recommend that no-one shops with Big In Japan unless they have absolutely no other option. I emailed them regarding the defective figure I received, and they were good enough to reply promptly asking for pictures and more details, which I sent them the next day.

After two weeks, they hadn't replied. So I shot them a polite email asking if they'd received my previous message. It's now been a week since that, and still no reply. Clearly they have no intention of helping me. Wondering if it would be worth opening a Paypal claim?

When I have the opportunity I'll pick up a stock First Order Stormtrooper to pass the baton, shield and hand accessories onto. No idea what I'm going to do with the faulty body, maybe break out the airbrush and pigment powders and make some kind of custom out of it :dunno

Hey Deano, you know the figuarts clones thigh pops down right? its just as articulated as the model, just a slightly different build and function, good review though
Really? I based what I said off other reviews of it since I dont plan on buying it (too small for them to be side-by-side in my display). Fwoosh even popped the leg off trying to extend it lol. Thanks for letting me know!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

That Clone Trooper model kit is looking sharp. Needs a coat of Tamiya Flat Clear to be 100% accurate, though.

Now I have the correct cape for my Jedi Luke, I decided I'd give the dark brown robe to Mace Windu for the time being.

Also took a good look at the Scout Trooper for the first time since receiving it. I think this set - both the bike and figure - might be the best-produced collectible I own in any scale.

Basically flawless, in sharp contrast to the Riot Control Trooper.

Speaking of which, going to have to recommend that no-one shops with Big In Japan unless they have absolutely no other option. I emailed them regarding the defective figure I received, and they were good enough to reply promptly asking for pictures and more details, which I sent them the next day.

After two weeks, they hadn't replied. So I shot them a polite email asking if they'd received my previous message. It's now been a week since that, and still no reply. Clearly they have no intention of helping me. Wondering if it would be worth opening a Paypal claim?

When I have the opportunity I'll pick up a stock First Order Stormtrooper to pass the baton, shield and hand accessories onto. No idea what I'm going to do with the faulty body, maybe break out the airbrush and pigment powders and make some kind of custom out of it :dunno

Mace looks really good with that cloak, he's next for me after I get Obi Wan today. The scout and bike are a bit pricey for me. I do want to get some FO troops and may still take a chance on the riot guy as I still want the other two as separate figures. As long as he can stand there looking mean he'll do me.

Aaaannd, built:

59037b0f680128fa20167d6f1af051e2.jpg

This model kit is really well done, better articulation in the legs than the figuarts one, and the extra head is a nice bonus. Arms seem to be a bother for clone figures though , they are as limited as the figuarts. Review will be up tonight or tomorrow!

Looks Great Big Deano! I'm also now tempted to buy this model kit now. From putting it together, any idea if the phase II helmet will fit on a figuarts clone without any or minimal mods?

Mace looks really good with that cloak, he's next for me after I get Obi Wan today. The scout and bike are a bit pricey for me. I do want to get some FO troops and may still take a chance on the riot guy as I still want the other two as separate figures. As long as he can stand there looking mean he'll do me.

The Scout Trooper set is pricey, but definitely worth it. I paid about £100 for mine, all told. At some point I'll break down and buy a second, maybe even a third. The bike is just a thing of beauty.

Rats! MyKombini's listing for Obi Wan had ended so I went with a seller with the interesting store name of Japanese Mono Service. They had 100% feedback and plenty of other Figuarts in stock so I figured they were worth a punt. Fingers crossed.....

The Scout Trooper set is pricey, but definitely worth it. I paid about £100 for mine, all told. At some point I'll break down and buy a second, maybe even a third. The bike is just a thing of beauty.

I don't really have room for one. In fact, I'm not entirely sure where to put the others I want after Obi Wan.....

ep1 or 2 Obi? Reason I ask is its pretty dodgy to preorder off ebay, by the time the figure is released your purchase protection is already gone. A few folk on here learned that the hard way im afraid.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Episode 1, I don't like the Episode 2 one. I've bought all my Figuarts from eBay and it's all been fine, everything has arrived when I've expected it to without issue. I wouldn't pre-order anything unless I knew the seller really well. Most of what I want now is out apart from the FO Heavy Gunner.

I've given up on Hasbro tbh. **** move after **** move. (in terms of releases and stocking) - and in fact the quality has fallen apart. I really wish disney would open up the franchise and allow other manufacturers freedom to release their product in all regions.

Same here, for me the Blackseries is just to fill the holes in the collection until other brand comes up with the better one. But I've been keeping the non human figures though, since I dont think other brands would dip into that. Jabba and Wampa for instance, not to mention Ranchor and several bounty hunters too. Its just not that popular that other companies would produce them.

The FO troopers that are Black Series aren't too bad and they could be decent gap fillers for ones that SHF might not do like Snowtroopers or Flametroopers. I've seen really cheap Flametroopers around, but I'm not sure if they're bootlegs or not.

Back