S.H. Figuarts Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys, FYI for anyone disapointed with the lack of hip movement on the clone trooper, pull down on his thighs... Bandai re engineered the joint to extend his legs to get those deeper sitting/kneeling poses

Regardless of how I feel about the movie it won't change my appreciation for the design. Boba Fett did nothing special in the movies but remains one of my favs because he looks so badass.

So, even if Kylo Ren turns out to be a buffoon or Captain Phasma dies after 2 minutes of screen time I still love the way they look.

Hey guys, FYI for anyone disapointed with the lack of hip movement on the clone trooper, pull down on his thighs... Bandai re engineered the joint to extend his legs to get those deeper sitting/kneeling poses
wow! Thanks for that, would have never thought of that. It's just like the elbow joints in maul. They really did go above and beyond

Question for you fellas who are ordering Force Awakens figures... What if the movie sucks? I mean, the prequels are out there and people want figures from them, but what if Ep 7 is just atrocious? Would that effect how you feel about the figures?

@Prod, what if Kylo ends up being a complete wanker? Do you sell the figure?

I thought of that, and I would sell the figure. I find Kylo-Ren's design to be somewhat underwhelming, but I didn't want to miss out if he ended up my favorite character. I'm worried about it though since it's continuing from Jedi, and I don't think that movie was very good. I loved the Yoda scenes, the Emperor, and the added dimension to Darth Vader's character, but that's about it. I read that Kylo-Ren is a multi-dimensional character, so that gives me hope.

Question for you fellas who are ordering Force Awakens figures... What if the movie sucks? I mean, the prequels are out there and people want figures from them, but what if Ep 7 is just atrocious? Would that effect how you feel about the figures?

@Prod, what if Kylo ends up being a complete wanker? Do you sell the figure?

I'm glad you brought up the prequels cuz I actually enjoyed them. Sure they weren't the best but they had good aspects, expanded on the lore and had some awesome characters. Personally Revenge of the Sith was my favorite movie. Then again I'm only 25 and watched the entire Star Wars series as a young adult so the older movies aren't on as high of pedestal as for most.

Anyways if the movie does suck and Kylo's a ****** I would still keep the figures. I'm a completionist so even if I don't exactly like a character if they make a figure I'll most likely get it if only to feed my addiction lol. I don't think the movie will suck and like others have said the design is good enough reason to keep the figures. Kylo and Phasma look sick and make great collection pieces whether the movie blows or not.

Sent from Capsule Corp using Tapatalk

The prequels may be terrible, but to me the Star Wars universe transcends bad movie making. I still appreciate the characters and the lore, whether it was told in a poor way or not. I don't think it will make me like the figures any less if the new movie isn't that good.

The prequels may be terrible, but to me the Star Wars universe transcends bad movie making. I still appreciate the characters and the lore, whether it was told in a poor way or not. I don't think it will make me like the figures any less if the new movie isn't that good.

Very well put!

That's true. I love the added lore, but I just didn't like how certain things turned out. I love the whole idea behind the Jedi/Sith mythos, and I love how the Emperor manipulated Anakin with honesty and compassion, as opposed to the "good" cold-hearted Jedi. Those are my favorite things about the entire Star Wars franchise! Nevertheless, we also got a lot of amazing designs! I think the Clonetroopers are by far the coolest looking of the troopers.

I wanted an Episode III Obi Wan and Anakin as soon as this line started, even though I wasn't the biggest fan how certain things planned out. I really need to read the novel adaptation of Episode III, because I heard that it's really good.

Lame, missed out on the cdjapan restock, already sold out of the Kylo Ren and Stormtrooper. Still crossing my fingers I can get them.

My damn Clone Trooper/Battle Droid from amiami have been stuck in customs for going on 3 days now :(. Never takes this long.

I'd dig a spacetrooper if tamashii makes one. Obscure but a great alternate stormtrooper design.

PD1428998789CM4.jpg

Very nice collection Gearhart. I wouldn't say you went overboard collecting that many troopers. You can get several of them for the price of one Hot Toys, that's how I look at it. Personally, I don't really like army building. I'm more satisfied having one of each character. I think i would get a few more if I had more room though lol.

You can't have just one Stormtrooper or Clone Trooper though. You need a pair. It's the law :lecture

I thought of that, and I would sell the figure. I find Kylo-Ren's design to be somewhat underwhelming, but I didn't want to miss out if he ended up my favorite character. I'm worried about it though since it's continuing from Jedi, and I don't think that movie was very good. I loved the Yoda scenes, the Emperor, and the added dimension to Darth Vader's character, but that's about it. I read that Kylo-Ren is a multi-dimensional character, so that gives me hope.

I'll add with a bad-ass Luke, his conversation with Vader on endor and their final confrontation at the Death Star with Luke going ape on his Dad mixed in John William's choir music redeems Jedi's flaws.

I sometimes wonder if kids in the 70s had more than one of each trooper.

I had two Thallo figures (Clash Of The Titans) but only one stormtrooper. I do remember seeing a photo on one of the vehicle boxes (TIE? Falcon?) that showed a lot of stormtroopers and that kinda blew my mind a little.

Back