S.H. FiguArts Power Rangers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The pre-order for these things seems to be a bit sketchy. If you want one, Ace Toys tells you to PM them. When you PM them, they give you an email address to send a message to requesting order info. When you email them, apparently pre-order info is supposed to be sent.

24 hours since I emailed them and nothing back yet.

They're also hesitant to provide quotes for shipping. I ain't preordering until I know how much it's really set me back. I was told that it was a 50% deposit up front. You have until 5th of May to pre-order.

I'm also a bit confused on when exactly il be getting these in hand.

Red and Green are up for pre-order separately, with a ship date in Dec/Jan. The rest are supposed to go up later, presumably shipping later as well.

However there is also the box set of all 5 rangers, including the ones that aren't up for pre-order, also supposedly shipping in Dec/Jan. Does this mean that if we get the boxset we get them all earlier than if we order them separately?

On the plus side I do have some cool photos. Looks like they fixed the Green Ranger's morpher and coin.

28378261_1787561258215088_2291206375861750538_n.jpg
28377721_1787565281548019_4254551386171395374_n.jpg
28166595_1787591058212108_3697004580759794188_n.jpg
28336386_1787565334881347_7038018719967439004_o.jpg
28235146_1787565358214678_4974415699282354957_o.jpg
28238061_1787565344881346_4571291409925545001_o.jpg
28279186_1787591061545441_2601453128526980219_n.jpg
28165037_1787565391548008_702259380785412944_o.jpg

I think they might have made the yellow ranger a boy....

Last edited:
The pre-order for these things seems to be a bit sketchy. If you want one, Ace Toys tells you to PM them. When you PM them, they give you an email address to send a message to requesting order info. When you email them, apparently pre-order info is supposed to be sent.

24 hours since I emailed them and nothing back yet.

I don't like the sound of that. Too risky, even with PayPal since buyer protection runs out after 6 months (I think?) and the figures won't be released by then. I want these but don't want to risk $65 each. Get a reputable store to handle them and give us an idea on shipping costs and I'm all in but for now I have to pass. Pity. These look awesome and I would love to own them.

Well, finally got my email. $335 for the preorder of all 6.

Since the rest arent scheduled until Apr/ May 2019 but the boxset is due in Jan, I guess that means that you get the 4 other rangers early if you get the set?

Last edited:
I think they might have made the yellow ranger a boy....

The Yellow Ranger was always a boy, the Japanese original was male and often the actor in the suit was a Guy even for some of the female characters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Yellow Ranger was always a boy, the Japanese original was male and often the actor in the suit was a Guy even for some of the female characters.
This is Power Rangers, not Sentai. The yellow ranger was a female. And while yes, a male stuntman was often used in fight scenes due to the lack of female stuntworkers at the time (same for the Pink Ranger), all American-filmed hero shots were the actress in the costume.

I am prepared to, I'm just waiting for Ace Toys to address a couple of the questions I have that I've posted in this thread. It is a very unconventional pre order system and just want to put my mind a bit more at ease.

I'm also considering taking the plunge. Having a full set of 1/6 MMPR figs in my collection would be unreal...but I am still a little bit hesitant. Let us know what else they say Shadow in regards to your questions being answered.

I'm still waiting on a response to my initial email. I'm only interested in the Green Ranger.

This is such a weird way to release figures, though I suppose this is what they think they have to do to avoid Saban's watchful eye!

So I finally took the plunge and pre-ordered. $335 for all 6. Not a small amount, but not a crazy amount to loose if this goes south.

In response to the questions I had earlier.

1. Ace Toys is producing a limited amount of the Pink, Black, Blue, and Yellow Rangers to put in the 5-pack for January release. Single releases for these figures will be a few months later.

2. The Yellow Ranger was planned to be on a male muscle body. After talking with Ace Toys about the fact that in the American series Trini was a girl, and the larger muscle body they used would only draw attention to the problem, they agreed to change the figure to a female. Honestly they didn't seem too familiar with the American series.

Also here is a link to their google photos account that they include in the email with pre-order instructions. Has all known photos of the figures including a few we haven't seen before.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=dUlRY0ZLSDc5aUQ2TEFDZlBpM09vNXk2LVI4bnRn

On the downside, paypal didn't seem too familiar with the email account they instructed me to send the deposit to, and asked me for the full name of the account holder before I could send the money. If this happens to you, use the name Tsui Lok Wa.
Their paypal address is: [email protected]

How did you send the money through paypal? The friends and family option within the US or the friends and family option outside the US? And if it was outside the US, was it hong kong?

How did you send the money through paypal? The friends and family option within the US or the friends and family option outside the US? And if it was outside the US, was it hong kong?
Yea, I used paypal. Just the standard "pay for goods and services" option. No way I wasn't going to protect myself in case this goes south.

But yea, I selected Hong Kong when it asked for country.

So I finally took the plunge and pre-ordered. $335 for all 6. Not a small amount, but not a crazy amount to loose if this goes south.

In response to the questions I had earlier.

1. Ace Toys is producing a limited amount of the Pink, Black, Blue, and Yellow Rangers to put in the 5-pack for January release. Single releases for these figures will be a few months later.

2. The Yellow Ranger was planned to be on a male muscle body. After talking with Ace Toys about the fact that in the American series Trini was a girl, and the larger muscle body they used would only draw attention to the problem, they agreed to change the figure to a female. Honestly they didn't seem too familiar with the American series.

Also here is a link to their google photos account that they include in the email with pre-order instructions. Has all known photos of the figures including a few we haven't seen before.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1...?key=dUlRY0ZLSDc5aUQ2TEFDZlBpM09vNXk2LVI4bnRn

On the downside, paypal didn't seem too familiar with the email account they instructed me to send the deposit to, and asked me for the full name of the account holder before I could send the money. If this happens to you, use the name Tsui Lok Wa.
Their paypal address is: [email protected]

Thanks for sharing your experience!

The rabbit hole deepens on this one- an hour ago I received a response to my Facebook message to them, telling me that I now had to send an email to a different email address of theirs to receive PO info. I quickly got a response from this second email address with all the PO info, though some other people got a response from the original email address they told me on Facebook to contact. So weird...

I emailed them back asking if there's any chance they will change the color of the Green Ranger's outfit or helmet so they'll match, as they look like totally different shades of green in the photos they've shared so far. It's the only thing about the "Green Hero" figure that is stopping me from POing it right now, so hopefully they'll respond and tell me that they plan to fix that.

I'm also not a fan of these wierd looking boots, the fact that there is no zipper on the back, or the huge muscle bodies.

group1.jpg

And if I were to get really nitpicky, I would prefer a shiny material for the suits.

Again, 25 years and we finally get 1/6 figures that are from a third party company that are unlicensed and all everyone could do is whine about minor ****.

Back