S.H.Figuarts Marvel MCU General Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just preordered the Thor Ragnarok figure(Which I think is the foreign version with lightning) for 60 buck with the ebay deal from yesterday. I wish it had an unmasked sculpt but that figure should still look pretty cool with the lightning.

Nice!

Put in a pre order for a Mark IV and trying to swing a local shops Boxing Day sale of 40% of all figures. Would make the Mark II and Mark V $80 each.

Pretty happy with how this shelf came out! https://wp.me/p8Lzdc-SM
d028fcf567264bcd1a840c51e7fa9842.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I really love this set up! Especially the classic Ms Pac-Man acade! Nice job :clap

Anyone have the War Machine MKI and a current Iron Man? Curious how they scale since the first Mark VI is smaller than the newer figures

I hope so, but I kind of doubt it now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish Figuarts could at least complete one team instead of making 1000 Iron Mans. Remember this image promising all these figures and more?

Captain-America-Civil-War-Figuarts-Figures-Lineup.jpg

I wish Figuarts could at least complete one team instead of making 1000 Iron Mans. Remember this image promising all these figures and more?

View attachment 385621

I can only imagine they're not big sellers. Cap and IM sell well; but Ant Man (who probly should've been an exclusive) can still be had for retail or less. I like the AoU Hulk but I can see how others didn't. Thor wasn't really well received either.

I can't remember for Black Widow, but if I remember right Hawkeye came in a windowed package. It seemed to me like he was designed for a retail release and then only done as a web exclusive after seeing the others don't sell.

Tamashii tends to be self-destructive when it comes to their own figure lines. Commonly either due to design choices or figure choices. They also don’t reuse a lot of their figure tooling unlike Hasbro, so they have to be more “careful” with their decisions. Usually when they make a wrong move and sales suffer, Tamashii “ends” a line as they lose confidence quickly. A big recent example of this is the dramatically undersized Bowser figure, which has somewhat nosedived the Mario line as it was poorly-received.

They did a pretty good job of finishing up the AOU Avengers (outside of the Twins and Vision), but they made a poorly-received Ultron figure that was overpriced and had weak articulation. As you noted dukefett, the last three figures were Web Exclusives (Widow, Hawkeye and Ultron) which commonly are priced higher and probably didn’t sell well.

Antman was probably a poor decision on Tamashii’s part. They were probably trying to ride off of the Antman movie since they didn’t make a figure then, but I think they should’ve gone with Winter Soldier. Black Panther I think sold fairly well despite being a Web Exclusive.

I kinda have a little hope for some of the other members now that Inf War is on the horizon.
It's great they gave us the AoU team which really was a complete first Avengers team. But now with the next movie coming, we could see the other members...cuz what are they going to do re-do Capt and IM (don't answer that cuz I kinda think they will)

It will be a great opportunity to now make Winter Soldier, Falcon, Vision, SW and even Gamora, Drax and Groot! Plus if they don't do these characters, what other Marvel movie characters do we have on the horizon? Capt Marvel, Wasp...

Hope they do SW and Gamora though, cuz currently it is a pretty dude heavy line up

Man, do I hope they do more women characters. My SHF Avengers collection is a sausage party. Been thinking of going back and getting a Black Widow for ridiculous cash.

Homemade suit shf spidey and mk 47 came in. Really cool figure, almost like it as much as the tech suit spidey. Snapped this shot.

HMSspideyswinging.jpg

Hey guys, anyone interested in going in on Doctor Strange with me? I really just want the flame effects, but have no use for the figure. I haven't bought one yet but would be very quick to if I could get a partner in crime. I'm in the US so shipping wouldn't be too bad. Could probably send first class. I'm happy to upfront the buy and then split out.

Hey guys, anyone interested in going in on Doctor Strange with me? I really just want the flame effects, but have no use for the figure. I haven't bought one yet but would be very quick to if I could get a partner in crime. I'm in the US so shipping wouldn't be too bad. Could probably send first class. I'm happy to upfront the buy and then split out.

There isn’t that much difference between the pack in flames and the ones you can just buy outright, is there? Or am I mistaken? I know Starlords was unique purple smoke/flames/whatever. I thought strange’s was just normal looking fire?

Back