S.H.Figuarts Marvel MCU General Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There isn’t that much difference between the pack in flames and the ones you can just buy outright, is there? Or am I mistaken? I know Starlords was unique purple smoke/flames/whatever. I thought strange’s was just normal looking fire?
Strange's are a little lighter and have more orange/yellow where the stand alone ones have more red in them. The stand alone ones are a little tough and expensive to get now anyways, and the KOs apparently smell very strongly, something I don't want to seal in a cabinet with HT figs.

Strange's are a little lighter and have more orange/yellow where the stand alone ones have more red in them. The stand alone ones are a little tough and expensive to get now anyways, and the KOs apparently smell very strongly, something I don't want to seal in a cabinet with HT figs.

I think I have the Kos (didn’t know they were KOs when I bought them). I never noticed a smell but man are they flammable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I have the Kos (didn’t know they were KOs when I bought them). I never noticed a smell but man are they flammable.

That is...rather ironic hahaha. I'm gonna try to get some official ones through a Dr. Strange fig. I'll find a buyer for the figure inevitably, I'm pretty confident.

lol right? I was trying to heat one up one time and it did not take a whole lot... lol.

Unbelievable haha. My GF and I are chemists and we were laughing as we tried to figure out what in the world could be in the cheaper plastic to make them so flammable. Absolutely insane. I grabbed a Dr. Strange - now hopefully to offload him soon. The flames are awesome, I really wonder why SHF hasn't gone 100% in on them and kept them on the market as a persistent product. Maybe they don't sell as well as we think they do.

Unbelievable haha. My GF and I are chemists and we were laughing as we tried to figure out what in the world could be in the cheaper plastic to make them so flammable. Absolutely insane. I grabbed a Dr. Strange - now hopefully to offload him soon. The flames are awesome, I really wonder why SHF hasn't gone 100% in on them and kept them on the market as a persistent product. Maybe they don't sell as well as we think they do.

I think you may be right. Plus it’s an item that even people who are inclined to buy them don’t make multiple purchases.

I think you may be right. Plus it’s an item that even people who are inclined to buy them don’t make multiple purchases.

Good point - I think outside the lightning and the flame they all have very specific applications. But again, you can only have so much fire...I myself want these for the HT tactical armor JL batman. For whatever reason in my mind having him stand with flames and debris around him seems extremely awesome - and I haven't even watched JL haha. I love the KO colors you find on eBay. I'd love some of those for the Dark Horse Witcher statues. I'll probably try the KOs one day.

Lovely website, by the way. Really like the concise reviews!

Good point - I think outside the lightning and the flame they all have very specific applications. But again, you can only have so much fire...I myself want these for the HT tactical armor JL batman. For whatever reason in my mind having him stand with flames and debris around him seems extremely awesome - and I haven't even watched JL haha. I love the KO colors you find on eBay. I'd love some of those for the Dark Horse Witcher statues. I'll probably try the KOs one day.

Lovely website, by the way. Really like the concise reviews!

I want to see the shot when you take it, man!

Really looking forward to seeing the Infinity War figures. Is there anything soon where the figures could debut?

Really looking forward to seeing the Infinity War figures. Is there anything soon where the figures could debut?

There are a couple of events where they might announce something and they all happen this month. Theres NY Toy Fair, C3 in HK and Wonfes in Japan. Toy Fair and C3 happens this weekend and Wonfes on the 28th.

Anyone has a shot of Marvel Legends Vol. 2 Gamora beside SH Figuarts Starlord? I need to know how they scale. Thanks!

Anyone has a shot of Marvel Legends Vol. 2 Gamora beside SH Figuarts Starlord? I need to know how they scale. Thanks!

Here’s a quick shot. Hope that helps.

b3f28fde12e4ac785acf1061df5bcadb.jpg

I too am eagerly awaiting the IW preview. Hoping we get some characters to fill the ranks!
I assume it is all up to Disney/Marvel on when to unveil the new figs. Now a days some of the merchandise can be spoilers!

In the meantime I had some free time to do a team up I've been wanting to do.
S.H._Figuarts_New_Avengers_IMG_0060.jpg

And then threw in another guest, just for kicks...
S.H._Figuarts_New_Avengers_Wolv_IMG_2535.jpg

Back