S.H.Figuarts Marvel MCU General Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: S.H.Figuarts IronMan

Weird how a company can knock so much out of the park with remarkable consistency, but then drop the ball (see what I did there?) on certain pieces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe the SHF one is based off the initial concept arts. Really don't know who is to be blamed though :lol

Still looking for places I can get hulkbuster or war machine for a reasonable price.

Yeah I really want war machine. The new one is even growing on me

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I believe the SHF one is based off the initial concept arts. Really don't know who is to be blamed though :lol

This. It's a shame because I'd have thought SHF would have done better but it's really surprising how much better the Revoltech turned out.

So whats wrong with Ultron?

Mainly because he's based on concept art with unfinished details while the rest are Bandai's own flubs. His expression looks underwhelming and his proportions look wonky due to the smaller size than being to scale. Neck sculpt isn't thick enough. The internal body structure of his abs are solid pieces (unlike the Revoltech which are actually hollow) and despite various sites initially stating him as being taller than the Revoltech, that proved to be false in the end and he even looks shorter. The two-tone silver finish, while nice, doesn't have as much of a metallic sheen to it unlike the Revoltech. But worst of all, it can't even stretch out its arms to the side because Bandai couldn't figure out a way to make his joints work with the design (an issue that the Revoltech actually found a solution to).

I mean, I still have this guy on order so it's not like I'm just throwing random crap at it either.
kb3EYng.jpg

I mean in the above pic, the Revoltech isn't even posed properly and it STILL looks better.

This. It's a shame because I'd have thought SHF would have done better but it's really surprising how much better the Revoltech turned out.

Mainly because he's based on concept art with unfinished details while the rest are Bandai's own flubs. His expression looks underwhelming and his proportions look wonky due to the smaller size than being to scale. Neck sculpt isn't thick enough. The internal body structure of his abs are solid pieces (unlike the Revoltech which are actually hollow) and despite various sites initially stating him as being taller than the Revoltech, that proved to be false in the end and he even looks shorter. The two-tone silver finish, while nice, doesn't have as much of a metallic sheen to it unlike the Revoltech. But worst of all, it can't even stretch out its arms to the side because Bandai couldn't figure out a way to make his joints work with the design (an issue that the Revoltech actually found a solution to).

I mean, I still have this guy on order so it's not like I'm just throwing random crap at it either.
kb3EYng.jpg

I mean in the above pic, the Revoltech isn't even posed properly and it STILL looks better.

Mine is on the way from Japan as we speak. I'm super bummed it came out like this, but at this point, kinda up the creek.

Mine is on the way from Japan as we speak. I'm super bummed it came out like this, but at this point, kinda up the creek.

Me too. I mean, I don't out and out hate it since I think it's an okay figure based on Ultron's non-final render, but given how this is Bandai and how good their Figuarts lineup usually turn out, I really expected better from them.

Me too. I mean, I don't out and out hate it since I think it's an okay figure based on Ultron's non-final render, but given how this is Bandai and how good their Figuarts lineup usually turn out, I really expected better from them.
It's like you're in my head. I love my figuarts figures in general. I'm sure I'll still display it, but for what I paid vs what we are getting, I'm a little underwhelmed.

Wow Ultron looks worse then I thought now. Thanks for saving me $100 on him everyone. Glad I got the Roveltech. Hope Mafex puts one out.

That face sculpt on the Sh Figuarts is pretty disappointing.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Thx for the information in this thread. I'm going to grab the Revoltech Ultron.

Re: S.H.Figuarts Civil War General Thread

Thats a specific Iron Man one.

I think its better to have a separate Civil War one, as theres other characters like Cap, Ant Man, Black Panther etc.

Yeah, there's discussion on other characters as well in it. Since the 6 inch ones isn't that well received in this forum. I don't think it's going to work with seperate threads just to discuss that particular character or series.

I like it all in one, just a bit unfortunate titles can't be edited.
Nice promo though. I'm on Ironman's side since I'm not getting the Cap.

I'll just leave it here for now, and if it doesn't pick up, I'll merge them with the Iron Man one and change the title to Marvel SH.Figuarts thread.

Back