S.H. Figuarts General

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The point is we are in a figuarts thread and you are telling us the figures are clearly not for us because we made some criticisms? Is that not what part of this forum is for? To discuss the figures?

I too own almost 100 figuarts so I think I'm at the very least entitled to an opinion on them without being told that they aren't for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tamashii catering to the whims of people who demand soft goods is what is leading to total misses like the new vader. They gave him a soft goods cape and ugly chain because that's what they hear people wanting, then this is the result, and the soft-goods brigade still doesn't like it. Result: no one's happy.

You see this happening more and more.

What makes you think the soft goods on a Figuarts Leia would hang better than the ones on a Black Series one, for example? In all probability, they wouldn't.

Figuarts are as much about aesthetics as they are about articulation, at the end of the day. Sometimes, due to the design of a costume, you can't have both. If articulation is more important than aesthetics for you then yes, it is clear, these figures are not for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like a balance of both articulation and aesthetics tbh. This Amidala is pure aesthetics and I stated in the SW SHF thread that the designers obviously didn't have much of a choice in the matter as it's not an easy design to pull off. It's more statue than poseable figure so an easy pass for me, especially at SHF prices. Just because I don't want it doesn't mean I can't speak on it.

I'm actually not a fan of soft goods either at this scale so I'm with you on certain points.

Funny that I'm being called a sensitive one while the other guy has the audacity to tell others what they should or shouldn't collect because of an opinion. FOH.

Also for the record, I come on here to read about people's thoughts on the given subject matter and IDGAF if I agree or not. Is that not the whole point of a forum? I'm happy to see the different point of views and don't feel the urge to tell people what they should or shouldn't collect. If you disagree, great! Say your piece and we can have a discussion.

Anakin and especially Dooku look good, Leia looks like she really needs a cloth outfit over a blank body instead of what they've cooked up, and Amidala might as well be a statue.

That's what I beeeen saaaaying. Glad I'm not alone on that.

I can't see a soft goods version of that Amidala costume at this scale looking any good. Too intricate. I'd love to be surprised though.

I'd rather have the Jabba as a FiguartsZERO (statue) with a throne. The tail looks terrible.

Tamashii catering to the whims of people who demand soft goods is what is leading to total misses like the new vader. They gave him a soft goods cape and ugly chain because that's what they hear people wanting, then this is the result, and the soft-goods brigade still doesn't like it. Result: no one's happy.

You see this happening more and more.

What makes you think the soft goods on a Figuarts Leia would hang better than the ones on a Black Series one, for example? In all probability, they wouldn't.

Figuarts are as much about aesthetics as they are about articulation, at the end of the day. Sometimes, due to the design of a costume, you can't have both. If articulation is more important than aesthetics for you then yes, it is clear, these figures are not for you.

They apparently can do good softgoods.

Two recent Kamen Rider figure prototypes. One available for preorder, the other just revealed at the Comic Con.

shfgoods.jpg

I would be all for soft goods (at least for simpler pieces) if they looked that good.

They can also do this, yet for some reason didn't do it for C-3PO and Phasma even though the promo pics showed it!

SHFGavan2.jpg

I can't see a soft goods version of that Amidala costume at this scale looking any good. Too intricate. I'd love to be surprised though.

I'd rather have the Jabba as a FiguartsZERO (statue) with a throne. The tail looks terrible.

FiguartsZERO is what the Amidala should be. Forget joints and just focus on the sculpt and paint.

They apparently can do good softgoods.

Two recent Kamen Rider figure prototypes. One available for preorder, the other just revealed at the Comic Con.

View attachment 380590

I would be all for soft goods (at least for simpler pieces) if they looked that good.

They can also do this, yet for some reason didn't do it for C-3PO and Phasma even though the promo pics showed it!

View attachment 380593

Their soft goods are pretty decent so far. Bale Batman's cape was really nice. The chrome thing annoys the hell out of me, there's absolutely no reason for the bait-and-switch with Phasma and C3PO considering they've done great-looking chrome figures in the past.

Keep in mind that if they do some releases with their "NEXT S.H.Figuarts" rubber/gel body-type, we'll likely see soft goods as the outfits for those figures.

Wow! Although I feel there’s something odd about Ken’s face... can’t put my finger on it. Maybe it’s just me. Kinda looks a little bit “too” young?

But Sakura looks fantastic

Ken and Sakura are great additions!

I honestly don't mind Ken and Akuma not having their SFV designs. Storm Collectibles has already released those designs and they're most accurate to the game.

I would like to see some SHF Ghostbusters, the original cast only

I know they made the Stay Puft Marshallow Man a few years back, but it was laughably underscaled & overpriced

Is there any confirmed date of when Ken and Sakura preorders might start? I wanted to get the entire SF line but I'm not a fan of exclusive items, so I might only get Ken to join with my Ryu, Chun and Cammy

Is there any confirmed date of when Ken and Sakura preorders might start? I wanted to get the entire SF line but I'm not a fan of exclusive items, so I might only get Ken to join with my Ryu, Chun and Cammy

None of them are exclusives. Preorders will start on Feb 1 japan time.

Back