S.H. Figuarts General

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
902C341E-3049-4449-98A9-5AA7AF7A1D03.jpeg
C488AF98-6A46-4270-9182-5E121FB7FE22.jpeg

whyy, tamashii :slap

I was kinda hoping I didn't preorder the shf justice league Batman. Then I got billed by amiami. I completely forgot I preordered the damned thing.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

This is why I haven't bought an SHF figure in over a year. Their quality/consistency seemed to take a notable dip a while back and still hasn't recovered.

I can still see the bubble head, it's undeniable.

If the head is off, throws off the rest of the figure.

I don't think it's horrible, but the head and the scale are major cons.

Ben Affleck is 6'4" while Christian bale is 6' tall according to google. Justice League Batman should be taller than Christian Bale Batman. Oh well, I wonder why they went with a smaller scale this time around. In the recent previews, Wonder Woman seems to scale nicely with Batman, so that suggests that the Justice League scale is different from the Dark Knight scale. I guess Justice League scale they're using is similar to the Bruce Lee and other celebrity scales. I would've preferred it if the Justice League scale was the same as the Dark Knight scale, but I guess I'll get them anyway since I've always wanted nicely articulated Figuarts Superman and Batman toys.

Edit: Adeno pretty much said the same thing i was gonna say so nevermind

Here's another comparison shot

FullSizeRender.jpg

i was looking forward to it too, the scale looks a little better here but they could've at least made it the same size as TDK. It looks like i'll be waiting for the Mafex n see if the final product matches the prototype

FullSizeRender.jpg

Ugh...kind of disappointing to see Tamashii make another narrow miss...

I don't know whether it's a cultural thing, or maybe a business thing within Tamashii, but they just don't seem to "get it" when it comes to minor things like scale, etc.

I'm not TOO bitter about JL Bats being shorter than TDK Bats, after-all...JL Bats is supposed to be part of the Justice League line and NOT the Dark Knight line, and we know that Tamashii isn't scale-consistent...but they've shown that they're not scale-consistent within some of those lines themselves (see Dragon Ball and Star Wars..i.e. short Vader). But they do need to look at maintaining some sort of quality control when it comes to scale within those lines...they need someone on the staff to make sure those consistencies are in place.

But yes, what happened to his oversized head?

Also a possibility - Tamashii sized up their TDK Batman to better compete with MAFEX's figure at that scale. I'd like to see JL Batman compared to some "traditional" Tamashii products.

They’re repeat offenders.. look at how they inadvertently killed their Mario line

How Bowser should be (jakks version)
32D005E9-8AA6-4924-8FA3-BF8BF3ABA6D4.jpeg

How it actually is (figuarts version)
0F66FC65-1E78-4E7D-A6FC-CB640E08C6D8.jpeg

That’s just ridiculous. How did they let that go passed the approval line. Now their JL Batman will probably underperform due to bad word of mouth, their Wonder Woman is getting heavily criticized because of her awkward-looking face, and that will probably be the nail in the coffin for the Justice League line

Good point crisis...I forgot about Bowser. You're absolutely right, that release certainly did bring the Mario line to a screeching halt...we haven't heard anything since.

I wonder if they themselves RECOGNIZE this is an issue. Take Hasbro for example, yes...they have their flaws, but they're pretty receptive to fan-feedback. Take Marvel Legends, they NOSE-DIVED the line as soon as they got the license with horrible sculpts and reduced (or cruddy) articulation...but they took the fan feedback, and managed to resurrect the line. I don't think it's as widely-dispersed popularity as during the Toy Biz days, but they managed to turn it around.

I used to be a G.I. Joe fan and when they brought G.I. Joe back in early 2000's and eventually turned it into the 25th Anniversary line...that was thanks to fan-feedback and reception. I went to the Joecons where Hasbro reps directly listened to feedback.

With Tamashii working on lines that are certainly going to be aimed at the International (and Western) market, they're going to get that critical feedback about scale-concerns...I just hope they soon realize it and act on the feedback. That's certainly a good questions/comment to make to Adam Newman next time he's seen at a Con.

IMO the CG on Batfleck in JL made him look really chunky, and I know Ben gained weight before the reshoots. But looking at the JL Figuarts Bats, the body should be like that, problem is they made him too short

Why are they re-releasing Mario AGAIN, anyway? It's his second re-release, plus the repaint.

Maybe to cash in on the super mario odyssey hype. Hopefully this means new characters are coming down the pipe. I would at least like to get peach and toad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back