S.H. Figuarts General

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hogan owns the rights to his own character(s). Hence why he's able to use variations of it and his classic Red & Yellow color scheme in both WWE and WCW (and TNA while that lasted). His "Hulk Hogan" character was created pre-WWE so it's not a McMahon-creation (who eventually started licensing and claiming ownership on the WWF/E characters). Chris Jericho has a similar deal in which he "owns" his character...or at least, his own "ring name" (Jericho). A lot of wrestlers are doing this nowadays...like AJ Styles, Sting, Samoa Joe, etc.

This is why Cody Rhodes is now just known as "Cody". WWE technically owns his ring surname "Rhodes"...so he can't use it (he hilariously comments on this on the "Being the Elite" YouTube show...which I recommend you wrestling fans watch!). In some cases in the past, Vince has "given" wrestlers the rights to their ring-names (possibly also because he couldn't 'own' them a while back)..usually as a "thanks" for their years of service.

WWE has jumped on trademarking some of the phrases/nicknames...like "Y2J" and probably "The Beast" from Lesnar.

I didn't know any of this. Thanks for posting! I started getting back into watching WWE, so this was a pretty cool piece of info.

I'll have to check out that YouTube channel as well. :rock

FullSizeRender.jpgFullSizeRender.jpgFullSizeRender.jpgFullSizeRender.jpgFullSizeRender.jpgFullSizeRender.jpgFullSizeRender.jpgFullSizeRender.jpgFullSizeRender.jpg

So they showed Black Panther with the newer rock effects. So I imagine all the other released will be given similar effects to make the price point high enough to be distributed throughout the states.

With TRUs closing, I wonder if Target will start carrying Figuarts :dunno

Hope Target gets Neca as well now

I feel like opening up a can of whoop ass if Iron Spider-Man and Steve Rogers don't come with their accessories. (Mechanical legs and Wakandian shields.)

I think I saw a Roxas prototype somewhere, I thought he was next.
We should get Rikku too though.

The KH stuff really looks good!

How long until you all think Tamashii messes the line up? :lol

Either that or until Square Enix decides to squash it. It's got a bumpy ride.

Heard the Key Blade Proplica is amazing though.

Either that or until Square Enix decides to squash it. It's got a bumpy ride.

Heard the Key Blade Proplica is amazing though.

I think Disney actually owns all the merchandising rights for KH...hence why Tamashii was able to nab a license.

What are you theorizing Square Enix will do, Angelo? They are trying to "answer" this with their smaller-scale "Bring Arts" line.

I think Disney actually owns all the merchandising rights for KH...hence why Tamashii was able to nab a license.

What are you theorizing Square Enix will do, Angelo? They are trying to "answer" this with their smaller-scale "Bring Arts" line.

Distribution rights in America. I'm not sure how the licensing agreement is but it's strange that King Mickey or Sora weren't available at regular retailers which had me assuming either Bluefin was late to the game or Square Enix was holding them up similar to how Hasbro restricts Stars Wars and Marvel. (The latter of which Bluefin found a "loophole" to release the figures.)

Darth Vader came in today. The head and body are excellent but I'm not thrilled about the cape. I would've preferred a wireless cape for this release. Even with that, it's still an amazing figure.

Episode 3 Anakin went up for pre-order as well awhile back. Was anybody lucky enough to pre-order him?

Anybody pre-order the Solo releases as well? Just Chewy and a Trooper. Was hoping for Lando but I don't think that's happening.

Back