S.H. Figuarts General

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DBZ Figuarts have always been expensive and around $40 is nothing compared to the aftermarket and even retail prices they used to go for. The Star Wars and Marvel lines are the wallet killers seeing easily $100-200 in the aftermarket after general release

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've just received my SHF Cammy last week. And the only negative thing I see is her butt. But it's an otherwise good figure.

fc5b1c6344f9cdfc588cecf6c742716f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Exactly. Her ass is weird, sure, but I intend to pose mine like you posed yours, possibly with Ryu as well.

DBZ Figuarts have always been expensive and around $40 is nothing compared to the aftermarket and even retail prices they used to go for. The Star Wars and Marvel lines are the wallet killers seeing easily $100-200 in the aftermarket after general release

Star Wars Web Exclusives are the worst. Those hurt my budget a lot having to pay upfront but it sure as hell beats having to pay aftermarket prices.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

They've been showing other great Figuarts stuff. Check it out at Toyark.com!

All the Justice League Figuarts look amazing! Except for Wonder Woman's face. I hope the movie is good, but I have low expectations. I love that Tamashii has FINALLY transitioned to cloth capes...they should've done this a long time ago. Can't wait for the JL Batman and Superman!

Figuarts Ragnarok Thor and Hulk look GREAT! Pleasant surprise! I'm sure these might be released as a two-pack Stateside to compensate for the price and Hasbro's Marvel rights.

Pleasant surprise to see what appears to be an anime-style, Samurai-inspired Batman and Joker. Very unique and "outside" of the Samurai Movie Realization line. I wonder what is driving this? Is Tamashii trying to compete with Square Enix's DC Variants line?

All the Justice League Figuarts look amazing! Except for Wonder Woman's face. I hope the movie is good, but I have low expectations. I love that Tamashii has FINALLY transitioned to cloth capes...they should've done this a long time ago. Can't wait for the JL Batman and Superman!

Figuarts Ragnarok Thor and Hulk look GREAT! Pleasant surprise! I'm sure these might be released as a two-pack Stateside to compensate for the price and Hasbro's Marvel rights.

Pleasant surprise to see what appears to be an anime-style, Samurai-inspired Batman and Joker. Very unique and "outside" of the Samurai Movie Realization line. I wonder what is driving this? Is Tamashii trying to compete with Square Enix's DC Variants line?
https://www.google.ca/amp/s/io9.giz...ows-a-dark-knight-weve-never-s-1819185984/amp

That Batman Ninja is released due to this upcoming anime ova.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

They're not allowed to be released as a 2 pack stateside.

They're not allowed to be released as a 2 pack stateside.

Seriously? Having them as a two-pack will allow them to get around the minimal dollar amount and push over $75-$80.

So they NEED to be a "playset" with some sort of effect?

Seriously? Having them as a two-pack will allow them to get around the minimal dollar amount and push over $75-$80.

Yea unfortunately the $80 threshold is most likely a per figure thing. If not then we would’ve probably seen iron-man armor 2-packs by now or even that homemade suit/mark 47 bundle they have over in Japan. I still think that hulk by himself should push over the $80 line and not require additional accessories.

Got in Captain Phasma, First Order Stormtrooper, and BB-9E today!

As chodenjipop mentioned, licensing won't allow 2 figures to be released together even if it's over the amount that's required for them to be distributed stateside. That's why Rocket Raccoon and Groot never made it over.

Tamashii Nations has a new survey out and asking for input. There’s a field towards the end where you can write down any comment you might have for them. I wrote down pretty much everything I would want them to make (more shf gotg and minor marvel characters to tmnt, etc).

https://questant.jp/q/globalsite

Tamashii Nations has a new survey out and asking for input. There’s a field towards the end where you can write down any comment you might have for them. I wrote down pretty much everything I would want them to make (more shf gotg and minor marvel characters to tmnt, etc).

https://questant.jp/q/globalsite

cool, I filled it out, but funny how they ask if you are Japanese, or all else ha!
Asked for the other Avengers and rest of the GoTG. I know the GoTG are not as popular in Japan, BUT hopefully Infinity War will change that!

I think the WWE line is dead. They're all amazing figures but I think Tamashii chose the wrong wrestlers to start with. If they capitalized on Balor, Styles, Nakamura, and Asuka early on, they may have been able to continue the line.

Donald Duck will be released in March.
36c3b8ecce767c204f1d887dc911dee4.jpg

Hulk (Thor: Ragnarok) will be released in April. He'll most likely be given an accessory for the Bluefin release.

22730446_1755987651109671_5036242298862273292_n.jpg

I think the WWE line is dead. They're all amazing figures but I think Tamashii chose the wrong wrestlers to start with. If they capitalized on Balor, Styles, Nakamura, and Asuka early on, they may have been able to continue the line.

They might have helped sales in Japan but they started with the right stars in America and overall. No wwe star was bigger than the Rock and Stone Cold in the 90s.

They might have helped sales in Japan but they started with the right stars in America and overall. No wwe star was bigger than the Rock and Stone Cold in the 90s.

Not necessarily. Mattel has dominated the WWE action figure market since 2010 and have already released many variations of The Rock and Stone Cold in their Basic and Elite series. The only main advantage that Tamashii Nations had with these releases were with current S.H.Figuarts collectors. Tamashii didn't really capture the WWE Universe's interest with the $60 price point when they could easily get a $25/30 (bigger) product from Mattel.

the wrestlers they went for were aesthetically boring. an sh figuarts randy savage ... now that would have been something.

As a wrestling fan, I agree that NO ONE was bigger than Stone Cold and the Rock during the Attitude Era. Those were the right guys to start with for the worldwide market.

However, that's a real niche market that has been loyal to the Jakks Pacific/Mattel line for years. Honestly, the WWE line seems to be the only boys line that Mattel actively cares about because their D.C. Stuff is crap.

But if they wanted to go with the Japanese market, they could've capitalized off of NJPW's stars like Okada, Naito and my fav - Kenny Omega.

It's also possibly Tamashii wanted to chance it given the success of their Anime wrestling Kinnikuman line.

I will give them credit, Tamashii is VERY aggressive about branching out and trying new things, but at some point, they need to realize that the $50-$60 price range is going to be a CONSTANT hinderance. At least with the Kingdom Hearts stuff, their competitor's figures are actually over-priced!

Last edited:
Back