S.H. Figuarts General

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just ordered Ryu & Chun Li. Although I gotta admit, Ryu does look a little bland to me, I still had to order him. It baffles me why Tamashii chose the SFV lineup instead of SFII. Or rather, instead of basing the line on a specific game, just release characters from the entire franchise.

I believe it's Capcom that is pushing SFV designs for merchandise.

I believe it's Capcom that is pushing SFV designs for merchandise.

Very true!

Capcom could very well be only doing licensing contracts for the SFV stuff, so it's not necessarily Tamashii making the decision. Storm Collectibles' figures are also all the SFV stuff as well.

If that's the case then I'll prolly only buy Ryu Chun Li & that's it. I would say Ken if/when they make him but I'm not really digging his SFV appearance

I did a review on the Figuarts Ryu and Chun Li in my channel, to be honest they are amazing figures and for Ryu I preffer the Figuarts over Storm, I would love to get many characters of the game, however I'm kind of afraid to know what are they going to do for Ken figure, I mean, the SFV look is definitely NOT the Ken I want

I don't mind Ken's new look in sfv. Not sure if I'll consistently buy the Storm Collectibles figures though.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Sora from Kingdom Hearts, Captain Jack Sparrow from the Pirates franchise, and Darth Vader 2.0.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Darth Vader 2.0 looks outstanding! Can't wait!

I might pick up Sora! He looks good, and I never ended up picking up the Play Arts version.

They VASTLY improved the Sora headsculpt from the last prototype we saw! It looks 100x better...

Also, I'm excited for that Jack Sparrow! Probably the best Pirates figure we'll ever get at that scale.

Finally Tamashii is starting to use cloth capes more often. Rubber/plastic capes only hinder articulation

Finally Tamashii is starting to use cloth capes more often. Rubber/plastic capes only hinder articulation
Batman and Darth Vader. 2 characters that can blaze the trail for cloth capes going forward in the company.

IMG_0041.jpg

Gotta say I warmed up to Ryu a lot. But Chun Li is the real winner here. She's spot-on, they nailed it. I hope Tamashii gets the licenses for more fighting games, I don't think Tekken has any decent figures. They had the license for SNK I believe, but all they released was Terry Bogard. They need to reboot that license.

Are there closer photos of Darth Vader 2.0? How do we know that's a cloth cape?

I'm a little behind on the Star Wars figuarts news...didn't know they were upgrading Vader.

Nevermind...just saw it...does indeed look great!

FYI: Jack Sparrow is up on the usual import sites...looks like he'll be around $48-$50.

Last edited:
Didn't see these posted yet. Looks like they're not just making Sora - they're making the whole gang.

583786.jpg

583789.jpg

583790.jpg

Edit: It looks like there's a full size keyblade in the background, too.

I'm surprised Square Enix gave them the Kingdom Hearts license. I thought they would've wanted to keep it to themselves for the Play Arts Kai line?

It's possible their PAK prices are starting to catch up on them so now they're licensing out...

Last edited:
Back