S.H. Figuarts General

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm guessing Ben Kenobi and Darth Vader will be released close to one another since they were both shown at the event last weekend.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Finally saw one of those Ghostbusters Stay Puft Marshmalllow Man figures on Ebay. Went for $110 after shipping. Too much for a small figure like that.

Hey everyone, I'm looking for some photos of the Tamashii Nations displays at Barnes and Noble stores around the country. If you visit your local store and can take a full length photo of each side of the display so that its contents are clearly visible, I'll randomly select 3 people to send some free Tamashii Nations swag.

Damn.. what am I supposed to do with my Mafex version now

FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender.jpg

Damn.. what am I supposed to do with my Mafex version now]

Haha! THIS is exactly why I skipped the MAFEX Bats! I'm f'n THRILLED for this figure! I was holding out hope that Tamashii would do a Batffleck and they did!

Easily the BEST JL Bats at this scale. No one will be able to contend with this. I'm sure we'll also likely see his Tactical Suit and the rest of the League as well. I can't wait to see Superman! And a cloth cape too! Yes! Bravo Tamashii...VERY impressive.

I really hope they also make Henry Cavill and Gal Gadot. Mafex is still just a second choice for me even if it's acceptable already. I just really think Figuarts does it better, especially in the articulation department. If they suddenly announce Figuarts Wonder Woman, I'd immediately cancel my order of Mafex Wonder Woman 2017 lol :)

Yeah, I agree, but this one blows Mafex out of the water.

Had they made a BvS Batman to compete with Mezco, it would only be a matter of if you like fabric or not.

Mezco is still the king with their Batman. This one looks nice and all but it's got nothing on Mezco

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because Mezco uses cloth, I don't really lump them in with Tamashii, GSC and Kaiyodo. Mezco has even said that they're looking to compete with Hot Toys, not the other 1/12 scale companies. And, depending on the figure, Mezco is at a comparatively higher price-point, though we've seen prices jump on some Tamashii figures, they're commonly $20-$40 more than most Tamashii figures.

At this scale, yes, Mezco is Tamashii's only true competition. But I don't lump them together as direct competitors because of some of the notes I mentioned above.

I don't put Mezco on the same league as tamashii... it just isn't comparable. As for the Batfleck, I will get it but I have two questions:

Why god why isn't there any bicept swivel? >.>
And what am I gonna do with my lose Mafex Batman? =/

Batfleck looks amazing. I seriously doubt I'll be able to keep up with a Justice League line up via HT, so I might go this route to get the whole team on a shelf.

Luckily the League only has 7 members. (6 depending when GL is introduced.) Still kind of disappointed that Tamashii Nations never finished out the teams from Civil War like Bucky, Falcon, or Vision.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Batfleck looks amazing. I seriously doubt I'll be able to keep up with a Justice League line up via HT, so I might go this route to get the whole team on a shelf.

I don't care enough about most of the team to collect the other Hot Toys versions of the characters but I'll definitely get Figuarts versions!

The promo shots of Batman are hella impressive, but let's not jump the gun just yet. The cheeseburger on the commercials always looks perfect until you see it in person

Back