S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe this is just me being a whiny tool, but I'll never understand why people like those custom beam effects so much. They're way too spiny and jagged to be accurate and the build quality usually doesn't look very good.

I do agree Vegeta, but the official alternative is beams shaped like Q-tips (cell) or so small they look hilarious (time patroller/ult Gohan)

The model kit effects look decent but still a bit small and lack detail without painting. Its a lose-lose situation honestly.

Have you guys seen the custom blasts from canofbeams? Are those the ones you are referring to?

Maybe this is just me being a whiny tool, but I'll never understand why people like those custom beam effects so much. They're way too spiny and jagged to be accurate and the build quality usually doesn't look very good.

I get where you're coming from but like Deano said, we don't have many options. I personally like these more than the canofbeams ones since they resemble the actual beams more with a larger ball of energy in the front and back instead of a straight beam of light. These specific effects haven't come out yet so I can't say comment on anything else except looks at this point.

711693bec1d919962e6456fb432b7499.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

those obitsu blasts that arent out yet look like theyll be pretty spot on, and the tp blast and gohan blast i feel look good for simple ki blasts. The figurerise ones that are out right now look pretty bad though imo especially the charging one. I think maybe the ss4 vegeta effects are okay though. The new ones coming with normal goku and krillin though look alot better despite not being accurate. But yeah those obitsu ones look great to me but also like the can of beams one too despite it not being accurate, he has been working on newer ones that look more simple and closer to the artwork though but yeah. I agree we dont have many choices with beam effects lol

edit: actually theyre called obitsu effect #10 dogyaan (blue, pink, yellow), theyre up on HLJ and releasing this month apparently :O no sure if they come with a stand or anything though, obitsu effects are also sold at amiami theyre a little more expensive their than hlj though.

plz don't make it cel-shaded or anything & plz don't make it a 3D grindfest. not hating on the Xenoverse crowd, but that style just isn't for me

look at this Majin Vegeta custom. only a couple of differences from the Tamashii version -_-

FullSizeRender.jpg

Nah, Golden Frieza was already a new mold as it is, and let's be honest, that's mostly how he will be portrayed in this arc. Frieza never sold well the first time round, and it took years for his price to go up. Tamashii won't take the risk imo.

Frieza is the one figure back in the day that I can remember being able to go to, say anime Island 6 months to a year later and still find him at retail price. That had never happened before with the web ex's and hasn't happened since.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I just want him to die forever is that too much to ask? Enough Frieza imo, but I wouldn't be surprised if he gets yet another transformation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back