S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anybody purchased the bootleg flame effects?

I don't normally care to order bootleg products but I have noticed that they come in different colors.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I don't normally care to order bootleg products but I have noticed that they come in different colors.

i had my eye on a few of them due to the colors, but never got around to buying them, i thought maybe deano reviewed some of them? (maybe aura effects). But yeah, i cant imagine them being very bad, i'd say go ahead and try one out, same for the aura effects. Ive actually been eyeing a clear flame effect to use with RoF normal goku for the saiyan beyond god aura haha and also a pinkish reddish aura effect for kaioken.

@Bee Vee nice i was thinking about posting that one too, definitely pretty doable custom kit bash, only thing is i wouldve added that extra bit of folded color for trunks jacket, but otherwise it makes a pretty good 2.0 trunks. Always felt there was something off with the legs on that TP mold though, anyone else think so?

Tbh I'd like Tamashi nations to do some of Bruce Lee's movie opponents too. Especially Hwang in-shik. His son Daniel is a friend of mine. And they look alike. I'd bust his balls by customizing it to resemble more like Dan. Lol

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Haha that's so awesome! Id be down for a figure of Han from Enter the Dragon

Haha that's so awesome! Id be down for a figure of Han from Enter the Dragon
That's gonna be hard cuz Shek Kien, the actor who played Han passed away years ago. Not sure who's in charge of his estate. I recall he showed off his action figure collection in an interview many years ago. Most of which featured toys of himself.

Yeah I got a couple of the blue ones, a purple one and and regular orange flame. I think they're great. I don't have the legit ones for comparison but they were like half the price of the legit ones.

Haven't got the flame effects but the aura effects are top notch. I bought a few of the pink ones a while back and they seem just as good as the official product. Kinda hard to mess up an effect part so if you see one in a color you want I'd say go for it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome, thank you all for the responses! I appreciate it.

I've got the official blue one next to a KO grey version. The official is a little nicer as it seems to catch the light better and the transition between the different shades is more well done. The difference is minimal and if it's only half the price I'd go for it, plus there are a much wider choice of colours in the KO version.

my updated display, i added the space pod and the battle damaged gohan.

Can't wait to shenron to come!

IMG_3974.jpg

I think is going right in the middle, where the storm is stronger, i'll have to find out how to hang it.

Or maybe make a new diorama with korin tower, and kid goku, when it comes out.

@crisis didn't you have a tip for other cool effects pieces (other brands I think)? I never got round to checking it out.

um. I don't remember but the only ones that I can think of off the top of my head are the Obitsu flame/aura effects

s-l500.jpg

uY0523sl.jpg

this is how I had my Gohan displayed at one point, although I forget which brand that aura is from. I think Saint Seiya?

IMG_5667.JPG

Just picked up that time patroller and I must say, I was expecting to Xenoverse Trunks to be the better figure here. Time Patroller articulates much between the two.

That Broly pic is mine with the Obitsu effect parts. Kanji over on DBF mentioned some blast effects they're coming out with that look pretty damn perfect. That company makes some really good stuff

2d82bfc0f0e45b8adbf27b13f2b711ac.jpg

a5edbaf360689e5d78cc30a4b8f7fc66.jpg

42804958a0313b45d19137be17939e6a.jpg

Better make that someday asap cuz Battle damaged Gohan is a web exclusive in Japan and there won't be any reissues for this guy.

Good looking out brother. I thought it was a normal release. I hate to fall victim to sculptors.:(
The Kaioken Goku was available on Nippon-Yasan again and I couldn't resist. I kind of regret it already...

You guys think his price will drop drastically if he ends up being the SDCC exclusive?

Isn't the Tamashi Nation Tour still going and that would further more decrease Kaioken Goku down the line? What countries are left to tour?

Thanks Shadow! No I'm not planning on getting pc Cell, I have the original and that ones good enough for me. If they did a 2.0 Cell I'd most likely get that, but I don't really like any of the pc versions.
Haha I figured the ultimate martial artist deserved to be on the same shelf as some of my dbz figures. A Chuck Norris would be pretty awesome!
I think the mass majority of us will love a Cell 2.0. For me his noticable small size is an eye sore. But still, his sculpt is pleasing.

I have a smoke explosion effect and a flame effect. Both are basically identical to the original.

That Broly pic is mine with the Obitsu effect parts. Kanji over on DBF mentioned some blast effects they're coming out with that look pretty damn perfect. That company makes some really good stuff

Nice! Looking forward to those.

Back