S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know we have already went over this, but I really dont see the issue with the out of da box version is, they were always going to use tampagraphs instead of the hand painted protos, I thought that would be obvious guys. Sure, its missing some sculpted detail, but the whole point in the tampagraphs is so they dont need to do them. Honestly the sample looks more like Vegeta to me, it looks more like drawn details.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I just feel the paintjob on the prototype was superior to the sample. The sample is good too, but the original just stood out to me a lil bit more

So Fan Expo has concluded 80 minutes ago. I'm just chilling at a bar drinking beer right now. I think I'm gonna be too drunk to assemble Freeza when I get home. Didn't buy too much but got quite a bit of Dragon Ball loot. Free Xenoverse posters, figure rise freeza, and Naruto for ps4 (it was 35 bucks canadian). I'm satisfied.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

f6873656070bdfab30fdc85a01376ba3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

damn, on mobile and tapatalk doesnt like links anymore for some reason. What is the link?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Simple solution.
Reply to message. Quote previous message and copy/paste in internet browser.

Ah, gotcha. Still not sure if I will get him, if the sizes of Goku and Frieza are anything to go by, Buu may well be too far out of scale for figuarts.

Sorry if this has been discussed before(can't seem to keep up with this thread), but has anyone seen the ebay sellers that have 17 and 18 for $45-50 a piece? Is there something fishy going on with them?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/252501982554

https://www.ebay.com/itm/S-H-Figuarts-Dragon-Ball-Z-ANDROID-No-18-Action-Figure-BANDAI-TAMASHII-NATIONS-/282143596212?hash=item41b1119eb4:g:VGEAAOSwgZ1XuG5A

Too good to be true. I bought 18 from a seller like that a while back. After a month with no response and no tracking, I contacted eBay who promptly refunded me because the seller was a scammer.

Imo this Kid Buu looks terrible. That and the fact that he'll likely be out of scale means a no go. Hybrid Kid Buu is the best option in terms of accuracy and scale until we get a proper Figuarts

The prototypes always turn out better. It's just the way Tamashii does things [emoji53]

The only one I can think of that the prototype was actually worse was Android 18

image.jpeg

And maybe Vegito.. Otherwise they've all been pretty balanced

and yeah i agree, Hybrid Boo is still the best option we have thus far

image.jpeg

but lemme warn yous guys.. from what i've seen it's still terribly overpriced, all it comes with is an extra set of hands and a collectible card. Unless yous really want it then go ahead, until Tamashii releases a more accurate one.. which in my opinion, isn't likely, or at the very least, not anytime soon

Noticed the manual on my figure-rise standard Freeza recommended people to use tweezers to cut out the pieces. Never assembled model kits in a long time. Are any of you guys using the tweezers? I also noticed that my copy doesn't have that collector card either.

Hi, my ssj goku (regular) has very loose waist. Looks like the problem is with the lower torso's ball peg. It just won't "lock" in place. Anyone knows how to fix this?

I just feel the paintjob on the prototype was superior to the sample. The sample is good too, but the original just stood out to me a lil bit more

Also the sculpting is obviously better. It looks like the production sample has some MAJOR details lost and they're using the tampagraphs and paint to help make up for the creases around his brow.

Considering we're now seeing DBZ figuarts JUMP from $40-ish to $50-$60-range...I want to see the quality match the price. And Tamashii "claims" they're all about "capturing the soul" and attention to detail on the figures...well they should try their hardest to get their production pieces to look exactly like the prototypes.

They've already gotten lazy on shading...now we're going to see the sculpts take a further hit? That's disappointing right there.

Hi guys. I want to clean my shfiguarts.
How do you clean them?
Only water? (Cold, warm, hot)?
You put them in a tub with water or just pass them with a wet handkerchief? or dry?
It has to be a specific type of tissue? or any?
The color of the shfiguarts may damage?
As you do?

Make a video to see how clean your sh Figuarts

Thank you very much

Yeah the youtube url has F U K in it so sideshows overkill censor kills the link, very silly.

Now that you mention it, I remember you had trouble posting it before and posted the original release video instead as a gateway.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Wow, that looks fantastic. Thanks for posting it, Cooler!

Now thats the vegeta i like!

Please tell me thats a production one :pray:
And the other one was an accidental face swap with the og faceplate

I want to say that it most likely is considering we're only a little more than a month away from its release.

Man, I really want a black and zamasu figure now. Hopefully they have prototypes of them at that tamashii event in October

If Adam Newman was serious about Tamashii Nations going full throttle for 2017, I think we're going to be really surprised by the prototypes revealed at Tamashii Nations next month.

Noticed the manual on my figure-rise standard Freeza recommended people to use tweezers to cut out the pieces. Never assembled model kits in a long time. Are any of you guys using the tweezers? I also noticed that my copy doesn't have that collector card either.

Tweezers? I didn't use tweezers, I used wire cutters. Be very careful with Frieza, there are some pieces that you need to distinguish between part of the piece and part of the mold sheet. They blend in quite a bit.

Spoiler Spoiler:

If anybody is interested in effects, Figure-Rise Standard is releasing yellow and blue energy and electricity effects that are up for pre-orders. Little more than 700 yen is pretty freaking good...

bann12971_9_1472805279.jpg

Back