S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol yeah, as far as I know there isn't really anything "god-like" about th new God form. It just makes them punch & kick harder, just like SSj. But it's totally not a power-up, right Toriyama?

Goku was already god-like before it. He could teleport to other planets in an instant, so uhh.. yeah.

:exactly: To be truly honest if they ain't gonna amp up the lore regarding gods of destruction and different techniques etc, this all just seems like a lot of milking to me.

2015-06-01 10.20.34.jpg
So here's my first attempt at a custom. I used a legit manga goku head and the Datong body that came with the SSJ3 figure.

:exactly: To be truly honest if they ain't gonna amp up the lore regarding gods of destruction and different techniques etc, this all just seems like a lot of milking to me.

Yeah, and also I guess the God Form makes them stronger but zaps up less ki? lol who knows

but I hope they would expand on the lore & techniques, for instance it is now known that Whis can temporarily reverse time by 3 minutes. Perhaps another god can do the same but for a longer period? Maybe there's a god that can take away one's ki, only allowing for pure martial arts-based attacks? There's a lot of potential there

Also they can raise the stakes by there being more than 1 threat to worry about. For example, Frieza was only worried about getting revenge on Goku and destroying/conquering Earth, but they almost forgot about Beerus and if he doesn't get what he wants (in this case, more ice cream) then he was gonna destroy Earth as well!

Yeah, and also I guess the God Form makes them stronger but zaps up less ki? lol who knows

but I hope they would expand on the lore & techniques, for instance it is now known that Whis can temporarily reverse time by 3 minutes. Perhaps another god can do the same but for a longer period? Maybe there's a god that can take away one's ki, only allowing for pure martial arts-based attacks? There's a lot of potential there

Also they can raise the stakes by there being more than 1 threat to worry about. For example, Frieza was only worried about getting revenge on Goku and destroying/conquering Earth, but they almost forgot about Beerus and if he doesn't get what he wants (in this case, more ice cream) then he was gonna destroy Earth as well!

How i say.... Only $h37!-.-... I want ss2 vegeta and super buu noooooowww!!!!

How i say.... Only $h37!-.-... I want ss2 vegeta and super buu noooooowww!!!!

Patience..... It's a smart business move... Why wouldn't they do figures for a movie that made $23 million in only 17 days....

If you can't hide the spoiler don't post it . Or you can send a Dm . I would say no one wants spoilers here .

could be new... but it´s $h37 -.- (we will gonna have a rainbow-.- because after this will come ssj2gssj with green hair and them ssj3gssj with pink hair
and for final we will gona have ssj4ssj with a brown hair!-.-) View attachment 187989-.- and for figuarts i prefer a release Yamacha´s first appearance than any of this new figuarts!-.-

it is what it is!-.- you can tell me what the h%ll you want but that's the truth you want it or not! and that´s what i am gonna do... do what do you think better to you...

I will stay a DBz fan no matter what color there hair is. :rock I think it's time to bring in Female Saiyans with a new story line. Good thing I don't understand half what he is saying so I don't have to worry about spoilers:)

I think pretty much everyone knows what happens in RoF by now, if you don't then you're just in denial (almost like "you shouldnt have ordered that pizza, knowing that I love pizza and I'm on a diet. But I'm gonna eat it anyway. But you still shouldn't have bought it."). But I respect not posting stuff and whatever I said previously is totally false so don't believe it ;)

Uh sorry crisis but Im gonna disagree there, people need to come here and still be able to watch the film when the english dub hits without major spoilers. Remove your post or edit it imo. Until then I refuse to reply to it cause thats about the only thing I can do. I strongly disagree here, sorry.

Uh sorry crisis but Im gonna disagree there, people need to come here and still be able to watch the film when the english dub hits without major spoilers. Remove your post or edit it imo. Until then I refuse to reply to it cause thats about the only thing I can do. I strongly disagree here, sorry.
Do you fall under the "Masako Nozawa is the wrong voice Goku" groupy or "I can watch dbz in any form" category? Cuz honestly, I cannot stand Bruce Falconer's music score.

Do we really need to get into that again? I for one cant watch it in Japanese. Nothing against that dub (it is the original after all), but I prefer to watch my shows, not read them. Theres nothing wrong with either, though the Japanese music makes it sound way too cheesy, hence why I cant stand kai. FTR, Bruce Falconers music made dbz for me, it still sends shivers down my spine watching the Gohan ssj2 or Vegeta ssj transformation....

I hold the faulconer funi dub score very dear.:lol But that's my experience. To me removing that music is like removing williams from star wars. It's irrelevant if it's music that was meant to be on it, it just FEELS that way to me, it's the version I fell in love with, grew up with, but to this day find great.

I don't think stuff is wrong or right. It is fiction. And DBZ got a western version in the 90s that I cherish and love. No, I can't really stand dbz with the (to me) crappy orchestra music, or Goku's (to me) dumb japanese voice, but I in general happen to really love synth scores, it added to an otherworldy alien vibe for me, and some of it are also just awesome and/or gorgeous themes. I also really love the english voice actors, Sean Schemmel is Goku to me. In fact, I know quite a lot of die-hard anime fans, but dbz is the golden exception: they all watch it in english, typically. (Ironically, the funi dub VA's themselves did not like the faulconer score, that's too bad to me, some will like that, ultimately I'm not gonna live by another person's opinion, I get chills when I hear the spirit bomb theme, or the music when gohan turns ssj2, or piccolo's theme, etc.)

BUT that doesn't matter though, that was my whole point, enjoy stuff the way you want and let the rest be. Live and let live. If you dislike the funimation score well I sure as hell won't be telling you you should or anything... I just like or love what I love, nothing more. If people feel the need to say that what I like 'isn't really dbz' to me, that says more about them than dbz imo. The only thing imo that we should do is respect each other and respect that this franchise has a weird history and a fractured fanbase who've attached to different versions. That's just the reality of it. I form opinions on what I like or not like based on me and my experiences, not what something someone tells me afterward 'should be' or 'canon'. Does it sometimes influence me? Sure, of course. But sometimes it also doesn't, and some people aren't bothered by it entirely. They want a ssj3 Vegeta. Or fanfiction, or broly. All I can say is okay, to me that stuff doesn't mean anything. But if you guys enjoy it, great.

To each their own is something the dbz fanbase should really have as a motto imo. If you ask for my opinion, you'll get it. Sometimes you'll get my opinion even if you don't ask for it, but I'm not a groupie imo, because I don't tell others what to do or like, or think that I know best. I just have my experiences and my opinions...

Maybe that's a longer answer than you wanted, uh deal with it I guess.:lol I don't see these differences in which dbz version we prefer matter much in our enjoyment of it as a fanbase... Especially because all the new material only has a japanese or an english dub (EDIT: I guess there's more languages like spanish n stuff, my bad). And to that imo, respect that some people just want this franchise in english (or another language) and don't spoil it because the english dub comes out later...

The only thing I have zero respect for is dubbing live action material.

Hopefully my Vegetto from BBTS arrives today. Loved the character.

If I had 1 hope for the new series, I would hope they bring back Brolly and give him a proper arc. The movies never did him any justice. And for someone who was The Legendary Super Saiyan, he deserved a bit more IMO. But I will watch new DBZ, it can't be any worse than GT.

I just sent out the order to bbts to start shipping my monthly loot today. Hope it won't take so long for my stuff to get here.

Back