S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think I have the strength to try to prove my point to the kiddies.

Oh, and Hank Pym doesn't get as much guff because he wasn't an international arms dealer. Pym is a pacifist, something Stark is not. Cap doesn't trust Stark, for good reason: Stark doesn't trust anyone (except Pepper), that's why he events artificial people, like Jarvis (and then Ultron and Vision). There was so much to explore there that wasn't.

I read that Whedon's original cut of AoU was 3 1/2 hrs long but Feigi made him cut it down to 2 hrs 20 min. Whedon's directors cut will be on the dvd, restoring much of that footage and adding a different ending.

Well of course he had to cut it down. They couldn't release a 3 1/2 hour Marvel movie. Lord of the rings is one thing because it's geared more towards adults. These are by and large family movies and kids can't fit through three and a half hours.

As for your point about Hank versus Tony, well sure you are right that Hank is a pacifist and Tony is not but again it again sounds like you are wishing that this movie rehashed old things. You are ignoring where avengers one left off with Cap and Tony coming to an understanding. And this whole movie started the way it did specifically to show that they do have an understanding between them. Tony is not an international arms dealer anymore and to treat him like he is the same character from Iron Man 1 would be to render every film leading up to this useless.

Like I said the transgression wasn't making Ultron it was hiding it from the team and not trusting them in that way. Stark's former life as an arms dealer is and should be irrelevant at this point unless you are asking that the character devolve, or that the moral be that people can't and don't change.

And look, something DBZ

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430716127.822192.jpg

Does anybody know when the tickets for Resurrection of F will go on sale? I know it's only May but I want to be prepared!

Spoiler Spoiler:

I did a too-long post a month or so ago and detailed those exact thoughts. In fact, I even contrasted Frieza and Loki. Frieza is as one-dimensional as they come. But as you said, he is deliciously evil and a constant exponential threat to everyone. The only one-up that Ultron had over the team was his 4G connection.

Whedon could have done so much with Ultron to make him powerful and have us, the viewers, question how the Avengers are going to get through this. His characterization could have been a mixture of Frieza, Android 17, and Perfect Cell. Ultron could have used Frieza's ruthlessness, Android 17's rebelliousness, and Perfect Cell's strive for perfection.

****, this is really making me want to re-watch Dragon Ball Z and has me super excited for Resurrection of F.

I heard that this picture is from a Shonen Jump magazine from 1995.

'95? That seems too far back or is my Dragon Ball Z production timeline horribly off?

And look, something DBZ

View attachment 183103

How is the hair in person? I've noticed different shades and it looks really nice. The face looks so clean, too.

Edited: I've realized this awhile ago but Goku's face is too small, isn't it? For Super Saiyan 3 Goku. I can't tell if it's because he's missing eyebrows but his face always seemed bigger.

FFS you people! This is a sideshow forum, there literally is a topic for discussing Avengers AoU so fark off and put your two cents there!!!

Try to understand that some people are scared/shy of the outside world so they stay inside where it's safe and comfortable. same thing can happen here so they discuss it here with familiar names

I was just thinking that Normal Goku is getting a "re-issue" in the sense if you buy Ultimate Gohan and Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan Goku. I guess anybody who was never able to get Normal Goku at a decent price will now be able to do so in several months.

I heard that this picture is from a Shonen Jump magazine from 1995.

Sorry!, and I saw that I was wrong, because what it says on the image is Dragon Ball Toriyama (Dragon Ball 鳥山明).

I found the scan in a recent comment from a japanese Twitter account along with these other images:

CD6np0SUsAEy5ie.jpg:large

CD6nq3eVAAEqDEm.jpg:large

Try to understand that some people are scared/shy of the outside world so they stay inside where it's safe and comfortable. same thing can happen here so they discuss it here with familiar names

Nailed it. You're so clever. Just like Whedon.

Clearly many people would rather the thread be dead than we discuss another property. So I'm done with AoU talk. There. Rejoice, peasants.

Seriously people have such a low capacity for tolerance these days. Talk about whining.

Blood I must admit has a point though in saying some would rather discuss things with familiar names. That is the case for me to an extent. I see you guys' posts a lot and we're all big fans of the same thing here. It's easy to see why some would be curious how such an event film fared among this "demographic", aka dbzfans.

Now I agree, cause this isn't the thread for it, but from what I get as well as expected on a site originally for people who buy 200+$ collectibles a piece for things like this, the native topic is flooded with drooling marvel fanboys who are satisfied with a film if they see Hulk punch enough and stark quip enough. I have not an ounce of desire to take a swim in that cream pool and get blasted in the face by people who don't even get what a term like 'one dimensional character' actually means. (I've been in the moviethreads before and I got more ******** out of it than anything else, notwithstanding there is serious discussion there too.)

Age of Ultron was 90% inconsequential fanservice, that is my main issue with it, but it's the main POSITIVE for a lot of people. Why? Because at the end of the day a lot of people don't (necessarily) want from a movie what I want. I don't needto go there to know that it eventually is gonna boil down to that.

Now I see Goku smirking everywhere so up yours if you think that's not like the character.:lol (This is meant in good spirit.)

Seriously people have such a low capacity for tolerance these days. Talk about whining.

Blood I must admit has a point though in saying some would rather discuss things with familiar names. That is the case for me to an extent. I see you guys' posts a lot and we're all big fans of the same thing here. It's easy to see why some would be curious how such an event film fared among this "demographic", aka dbzfans.

Now I agree, cause this isn't the thread for it, but from what I get as well as expected on a site originally for people who buy 200+$ collectibles a piece for things like this, the native topic is flooded with drooling marvel fanboys who are satisfied with a film if they see Hulk punch enough and stark quip enough. I have not an ounce of desire to take a swim in that cream pool and get blasted in the face by people who don't even get what a term like 'one dimensional character' actually means. (I've been in the moviethreads before and I got more ******** out of it than anything else, notwithstanding there is serious discussion there too.)

Age of Ultron was 90% inconsequential fanservice, that is my main issue with it, but it's the main POSITIVE for a lot of people. Why? Because at the end of the day a lot of people don't (necessarily) want from a movie what I want. I don't needto go there to know that it eventually is gonna boil down to that.

Now I see Goku smirking everywhere so up yours if you think that's not like the character.:lol (This is meant in good spirit.)

82a5dab5620963ab53473671c6e93615.jpg

Sad, but true. Good response blood :lecture

@Fat lol ty, ftr I would back you up on multiple arguments you made, but it's clear we agree already anyway. I've explained to people why I don't feel like going to the AoU thread. I also feel I've made my arguments clear and sound but anyone who wants me to address their criticism of it, DM me. Overall speaking,
Spoiler Spoiler:

@Tin and Tien :hi5: SW is gonna return like mofo this year!

So I broke down and ordered the Datong SSJ3 Goku. I really hope I don't regret this. If nothing else, hopefully the Headsculpt is nice and I can just use it on another Goku body.

Anyone have any experience with the Datong figs?

So I broke down and ordered the Datong SSJ3 Goku. I really hope I don't regret this. If nothing else, hopefully the Headsculpt is nice and I can just use it on another Goku body.

Anyone have any experience with the Datong figs?

I posted a bunch of pics of it a few pages back. If you want to know anything about it let me know.

i'm over here trying to get my hands on figuarts vader and i just bought vegetto, meanwhile summer is almost here and i have no clothes to wear

i'm over here trying to get my hands on figuarts vader and i just bought vegetto, meanwhile summer is almost here and i have no clothes to wear

I hear that. Seven pre orders this month. My wallet is crying.

Back