S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FFS you people! This is a sideshow forum, there literally is a topic for discussing Avengers AoU so fark off and put your two cents there!!!

tumblr_m6syepCOUJ1rsykmco5_r1_250.gif

Hmmm... I'm being a completist with the DBZ figuarts, including bootlegs, so I have datong Vegeta and just got datong SS3 Goku even though I have the originals on both. SS3 Goku's head is great but the rest is pretty lackluster. I'm not sure though if I feel a desire to get the regular and ss goku datongs. I suppose it's strange that those two are being made at all, since neither figure is particularly hard to get. SS Goku has been released 3 or 4 times and probably will get released again and regular goku's run was huge and while his price has crept up a bit, it's nothing like other figures.

Datong must not have access to the molds for Cell, Frieza and Trunks... that or they are really stupid. I wonder if they will ever try to knock off the sdcc figs.

They're making an SDCC Vegeta.

My guess is that they just poured all those resources into SSJ3 Goku and it's super simple to reuse the body and just put a new head on it. Just like tamashii does!

Yeah that makes sense. I still feel they should have made a Trunks or Cell before any Goku figure.

Hmmm... I'm being a completist with the DBZ figuarts, including bootlegs, so I have datong Vegeta and just got datong SS3 Goku even though I have the originals on both. SS3 Goku's head is great but the rest is pretty lackluster. I'm not sure though if I feel a desire to get the regular and ss goku datongs. I suppose it's strange that those two are being made at all, since neither figure is particularly hard to get. SS Goku has been released 3 or 4 times and probably will get released again and regular goku's run was huge and while his price has crept up a bit, it's nothing like other figures.

Datong must not have access to the molds for Cell, Frieza and Trunks... that or they are really stupid. I wonder if they will ever try to knock off the sdcc figs.

Datong is making all three of those actually. Expect Frieza very soon.

Very cool pictures, Psycho! That Super Saiyan Vegeta looks so clean! After seeing your pictures, I'm starting to really get excited for Vegito!

Nope, not a word, which can be good or bad depending on how you look at it; on one hand that could mean that they cant say anything because it IS coming in some way, probably sdcc, but on the other hand they may be choosing not to say it wont to avoid backlash. Im hoping its the first.

Yeah, we won't know until it's closer to SDCC. ...Damn it! :gah:

True. It all comes down to Feigi. The mcu is his grand design. And he is responsible for Wright leaving Ant Man, a move that nearly made me turn away from the mcu. On that note, I fully expect Ant Man to a steaming pile of Ultron. Phase 2 yay!

And I agree regarding stronger female characters. Dragon ball is misogynistic. I can't help but think this reflects the creator's ideals. Sorry, Toriyama. That's one of the reasons I love Hayao Miyazaki's work; he's always told stories with such well-rounded characters. Creators have a responsibility to challenge dated conventions and break stereotypes. It would be nice to know that Toriyama's writing has matured since the 90s. Maybe now he'll expect a little more from himself and his audience.

Probably not tho.

That's what I'm hoping for. Toriyama's fire could have been reignited and now he's really excited to get into new territory with the stories characters.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Hmm I'm curious, I wonder if that Figuarts Hulk would be as big as Broly. I can't wait to get my Figuarts Hulk and make him fight Broly heheh :) I didn't order the others like Captain America, Thor, and Iron Man since I'm not really a fan of them (but they'd be cool to have if given to me as gifts) lol :)

I'm curious to see how he comes out, too. He looks big but I think the Avengers S.H. Figuarts just happen to be "small" in scale to Dragon Ball Z but that may just be me. I ordered Captain America and Mark 45 Iron Man. Hulk looked really cool but I have enough Hulk Marvel Legends where I'm satisfied with them.

FFS you people! This is a sideshow forum, there literally is a topic for discussing Avengers AoU so fark off and put your two cents there!!!

SNL_1144_04_Burger_Castle.png

I'm sure people talk about DBZ in other topics across the forum too, so what harm is being done? Once more info is revealed about Figuarts DBZ then the discussion will resume, as it always does. 99% of this topic is nothing but DBZ, a few of us start bringing up other things of interest & people lose their minds, sheesh :lol

I hope they reveal the Figuarts Hulkbuster which will cost an arm and a leg (no pun intended) and also a Figuarts Ultron

Do you think Broly is the biggest figure Tamashii will make for Dragon Ball Z? I've been trying to think of a bigger figure that would sell well. (Other than Nappa but I can't imagine him being bigger than Nappa. Hopefully bigger than Android 16 though.)

So what are the chances that the Avengers Figuarts will become available on Amazon or somewhere other than overpriced aftermarket outlets like evilbay? I totally missed the ship for preorders on those.

I heard that they're only a Japan release but that doesn't seem right, does it? Is that how Manga Piccolo, Super Saiyan Goku, and Gohan were?

I just checked Datong's site and they have pictures of the Datong Normal and Super Saiyan Goku :)

e4f93eb7gw1errgsbf9zcj20ez0qo40s.jpg

e4f93eb7gw1errgsdd47cj20qo0ez41x.jpg

I think the Datong Normal Goku is suffering from the same zombie arms color as with their SSJ3 Goku version. The color of the face also seems to be different from the arm's skin tone. What do you think?

The Datong Super Saiyan Goku is pretty hard to see since the picture is smaller.

I can't wait to see their Trunks, Cell, Frieza and SDCC Vegeta versions :)

I know! It'll be interesting to see how they come out. I'm not sure which one I'm looking forward to the most. Maybe Trunks because then I can use those heads to put on Datong Super Saiyan Vegeta bodies. I don't like cross connecting Datong and Tamashii parts.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Arlia Vegeta is planned by Datong, I believe.

Its giving me something to talk about other than Bootleg figures. I don't support bootlegs. I don't support people buying bootlegs. Why? You are supporting a company that is making knockoffs of Bandi/Tamashii, Buy the originals. They will all get rereleased at some point. Exclusives or not, a company will never turn down money.

Its giving me something to talk about other than Bootleg figures. I don't support bootlegs. I don't support people buying bootlegs. Why? You are supporting a company that is making knockoffs of Bandi/Tamashii, Buy the originals. They will all get rereleased at some point. Exclusives or not, a company will never turn down money.

Not to get into the entire "buy bootleg/don't buy bootleg" conversation but the only bootleg that SHOULDN'T be bought is the Manga Super Saiyan Goku bootleg. That's the only figure that is taking potential money out of Tamashii's pockets because it's allowed a re-issue. Most, if not everybody, have stated that if Tamashii does in fact re-issue web exclusives, they would buy those figures. Until then, and the figure I mentioned before, these bootlegs have no affect on Tamashii's profit.

Spoiler Spoiler:

It should have been a story about fathers and sons. In fact, it WAS a story about fathers and sons, but nobody told Joss Whedon. I never felt the Frankenstein parallel in this film, which is definitely what this movie is, a Frankenstein story. Stark is the mad doctor, and the mad doctor has to pay for his sins.

One of the reasons we like Loki is because we saw him become a villain. We saw the how and why; we went on that journey with him and understood him. Ultron was a one-dimensional villain from the get-go.

Don't hold your breath.

It should have been a story about fathers and sons. In fact, it WAS a story about fathers and sons, but nobody told Joss Whedon. I never felt the Frankenstein parallel in this film, which is definitely what this movie is, a Frankenstein story. Stark is the mad doctor, and the mad doctor has to pay for his sins.

Well it's upsetting because Stark's hubris is overflowing at this point. He's basically DEVOLVED into the Vegeta of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. He has this extreme self-pride that is blinding him to the point of self destruction. Vegeta met his end at the hands of Frieza and paid for his hubris. I've always considered Vegeta to be "reborn" in the Android Saga because it started the development and path of his acceptance that came full circle in the Buu Saga. I think that's the path that Stark is going to have to take in the Marvel Cinematic Universe otherwise, the more time he goes unpunished, the more his character and viewing attraction is going to deteriorate.

Well it's upsetting because Stark's hubris is overflowing at this point. He's basically DEVOLVED into the Vegeta of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. He has this extreme self-pride that is blinding him to the point of self destruction. Vegeta met his end at the hands of Frieza and paid for his hubris. I've always considered Vegeta to be "reborn" in the Android Saga because it started the development and path of his acceptance that came full circle in the Buu Saga. I think that's the path that Stark is going to have to take in the Marvel Cinematic Universe otherwise, the more time he goes unpunished, the more his character and viewing attraction is going to deteriorate.

I thought Stark had such a nice arc in the first Avengers. He went from "doesn't play well with others" to team player. And then Iron Man 3 was confused and Shane Black gave Stark PTSD (which wasn't even touched on in AoU) and then Whedon makes Stark a self-professed mad scientist. I'm not really sure where his arc is headed, other than into the trash can.

So true about Vegeta. Born again.

Again you guys are assuming Stark deserves punishment for his transgressions. I don't recall Hank Pym ever getting punished for creating Ultron. In fact, every comic I've read about it (which admittedly is not all I'm sure), the rest of the Avengers are constantly reassuring Pym that it wasn't his fault because he had good intentions, as did Stark. And his continued hubris as the mad scientist leads to the creation of Vision, who I think will ultimately have more of an impact in a positive way than Ultron did in a negative way. Progress has roadblocks and mistakes happen, so I think the point is more that it is ultimately the right thing to do to pursue your talents and try to make the world a better place as best you know how.

As for the Frankenstein comparisons, that last bit about making the world a better place is key. Dr. Frankenstein really only had his own selfish desire to prove he could do the impossible at heart, not the betterment of the world. Tony Stark is vain, but we already spent 4 films having Stark evolve from a vain jerk who only cared about himself to a vain jerk who has good intentions. We don't need that constantly reharshed we are supposed to now accept his character as having developed to the point of truly caring about his friends and the world, which is why his major transgression was not his pursuit of creating AI, but rather his having hidden his work from his team.

I do wholeheartedly agree though that the father/son aspect was underplayed. To me it's a key component to making Ultron interesting and I wish the movie had focused on it more as it helps to round out Ultron as a somewhat empathetic character. Though in another way, Ultron was too human and anthropomorphized to the point that we didn't really get the whole terminator like theme of the dangers of AI.

Now, while I don't personally care if MCU is being discussed in this thread, I do think the discussion should go to the movie thread just for the sake of livening up the debate, since over there it's pretty ubitiquous praise and while I don't agree with many of the points being made here in the negative, they are mostly good points and I'd like to see them fleshed out more fully in a broader discussion.

One of the reasons we like Loki is because we saw him become a villain. We saw the how and why; we went on that journey with him and understood him. Ultron was a one-dimensional villain from the get-go.

While witnessing the journey and understanding the character is very powerful, I would argue the point that a villain being introduced from the get-go should be no different than Frieza. (I know you mentioned a one-dimension villain but I wouldn't consider Frieza too far off from that. He was, basically, an evil businessman.) It's all about making the villain credible. Ultron was no where near credible because he never out witted or out matched the Avengers single-handedly . The Z-Fighters put up a strong battle against Frieza but then he would always one up them and transform revealing a new power level. Frieza out matched the Z-Fighters to the point where the only way to beat him was for Goku to push past his limits. None of the Avengers had to push past their limits to defeat Ultron. All they had to do was show up. It's difficult for me to enjoy and become engaged to see a hero save the day when all they have to do is show up. Villains are tools introduced as characters to give the hero a challenge, evolve, and better themselves. It is such a simple formula where it's difficult to comprehend how many times it's ****ed up.

Speaking of villains, the only one that I consider "weak" from Dragon Ball Z would be Buu. The best moment that Buu brought, for me, is when Vegeta sacrificed himself. Everything else seemed meh. Still enjoyable though. I'm still salty about Ultimate Gohan but he had his moment in the Cell Saga.

While witnessing the journey and understanding the character is very powerful, I would argue the point that a villain being introduced from the get-go should be no different than Frieza. (I know you mentioned a one-dimension villain but I wouldn't consider Frieza too far off from that. He was, basically, an evil businessman.) It's all about making the villain credible. Ultron was no where near credible because he never out witted or out matched the Avengers single-handedly . The Z-Fighters put up a strong battle against Frieza but then he would always one up them and transform revealing a new power level. Frieza out matched the Z-Fighters to the point where the only way to beat him was for Goku to push past his limits. None of the Avengers had to push past their limits to defeat Ultron. All they had to do was show up. It's difficult for me to enjoy and become engaged to see a hero save the day when all they have to do is show up. Villains are tools introduced as characters to give the hero a challenge, evolve, and better themselves. It is such a simple formula where it's difficult to comprehend how many times it's ****ed up.

Speaking of villains, the only one that I consider "weak" from Dragon Ball Z would be Buu. The best moment that Buu brought, for me, is when Vegeta sacrificed himself. Everything else seemed meh. Still enjoyable though. I'm still salty about Ultimate Gohan but he had his moment in the Cell Saga.

I did a too-long post a month or so ago and detailed those exact thoughts. In fact, I even contrasted Frieza and Loki. Frieza is as one-dimensional as they come. But as you said, he is deliciously evil and a constant exponential threat to everyone. The only one-up that Ultron had over the team was his 4G connection.

Again you guys are assuming Stark deserves punishment for his transgressions. I don't recall Hank Pym ever getting punished for creating Ultron. In fact, every comic I've read about it (which admittedly is not all I'm sure), the rest of the Avengers are constantly reassuring Pym that it wasn't his fault because he had good intentions, as did Stark. And his continued hubris as the mad scientist leads to the creation of Vision, who I think will ultimately have more of an impact in a positive way than Ultron did in a negative way. Progress has roadblocks and mistakes happen, so I think the point is more that it is ultimately the right thing to do to pursue your talents and try to make the world a better place as best you know how.

As for the Frankenstein comparisons, that last bit about making the world a better place is key. Dr. Frankenstein really only had his own selfish desire to prove he could do the impossible at heart, not the betterment of the world. Tony Stark is vain, but we already spent 4 films having Stark evolve from a vain jerk who only cared about himself to a vain jerk who has good intentions. We don't need that constantly reharshed we are supposed to now accept his character as having developed to the point of truly caring about his friends and the world, which is why his major transgression was not his pursuit of creating AI, but rather his having hidden his work from his team.

I do wholeheartedly agree though that the father/son aspect was underplayed. To me it's a key component to making Ultron interesting and I wish the movie had focused on it more as it helps to round out Ultron as a somewhat empathetic character. Though in another way, Ultron was too human and anthropomorphized to the point that we didn't really get the whole terminator like theme of the dangers of AI.

Now, while I don't personally care if MCU is being discussed in this thread, I do think the discussion should go to the movie thread just for the sake of livening up the debate, since over there it's pretty ubitiquous praise and while I don't agree with many of the points being made here in the negative, they are mostly good points and I'd like to see them fleshed out more fully in a broader discussion.

I don't think I have the strength to try to prove my point to the kiddies.

Oh, and Hank Pym doesn't get as much guff because he wasn't an international arms dealer. Pym is a pacifist, something Stark is not. Cap doesn't trust Stark, for good reason: Stark doesn't trust anyone (except Pepper), that's why he events artificial people, like Jarvis (and then Ultron and Vision). There was so much to explore there that wasn't.

I read that Whedon's original cut of AoU was 3 1/2 hrs long but Feigi made him cut it down to 2 hrs 20 min. Whedon's directors cut will be on the dvd, restoring much of that footage and adding a different ending.

Back