S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the life of me I don' know why they didn't capitalize on BOG and release God Goku, Beerus, and Whis then. I doubt we're gonna see God Goku again so they might've missed out on a great opportunity (not that it wouldn't sell if it was released in the future).

Seeing as this banner refers to a Revival of F "project", I think we're gonna see quite a good number of figures being released for the movie. Now would be a good time to showcase Beerus and Whis as well as the new Goku and Vegeta outfits and Frieza's new form. First form Frieza would be awesome too :pray: Throw in a Frieza re-release as well and the fans will eat it up. MASSIVE profits to be made if they do this right

Personally, I don't care for God Goku. Weak design. I could live if they never release a Figuarts of him. Beerus would be cool, but I'd prefer characters with more history than him like Frieza in the upcoming movie.

I don't know why Bandai/Tamashii doesn't capitalize alongside other media to help sell their products. Perhaps they have with other lines and we don't "see" it because we're Stateside (or elsewhere in the world), but traditionally this is what toy companies do alongside the multimedia release projects their toys are based on (movies, cartoons, anime, books, comics, etc.). I think Bandai/Tamashii has always been very "tentative" and risk-adverse to the DBZ line. They know it's mega-popular worldwide, but not so much "at home". So they don't want to put all their chips on the table because of the risk.

However, the positive thing is they do seem to slowly...slowly be acknowledging the international popularity of the line (and growing back home) and are focusing some newer attention on DBZ. Better late than never!

Then you would argue that there's no struggle?

Dragon Ball Z is Bluefin's top selling franchise. It would be no different than what Tamashii is doing with Kamen Rider. Power Rangers is currently in limbo. Sailor Moon has seen an increase in releases. I don't see where the space is decreasing for others.

I'm confused. Weren't you always advocating for more releases and focus on the Dragon Ball Z S.H. Figuarts line or am I thinking of some one else?
Yes I was, but that's little old ignorant me. As for what I think tamashii will actually do, what's realistic, that's what I meat just now. And what I was gona reply with was pretty much already done by this guy. ↓
Bluefin is a distributor so remember there is a large discrepency between Bandai/Tamashii (the manufacturer and ACTUAL product developer) and Bluefin (an independent third-party company that PAYS to distribute Bandai/Tamashii product). Bluefin benefits THEMSELVES by expanding and distributing a variety of product. If they only strongly focused solely on DBZ and DBZ suddenly tanked next year, they would be in financial trouble. They try to broaden their catalog and their available products in order to maximize their own profit. Even with the large number of various product lines that Bandai/Tamashii produces, only a select few are truly successful in their distribution area of the United States, namely DBZ, Robot Damashii/Spirits, Power Rangers, and some other select Figuarts. The mega-popular Japanese favorites like Kamen Rider and Ultra Man are NOT as profitable in the USA to my best knowledge.

Bluefin, to my best knowledge, has little influence over Bandai/Tamashii's business decisions. The best I say they do is help collect sales and profitability data to report the success of certain lines to Bandai. At actual events, Bandai/Tamashii has THEIR OWN STAFF taking the polls and talking with folks (at least that's how it was at SDCC) and Bluefin was mostly handling the sales.

We all want more DBZ releases and we "sort of" are getting them (in the form of more Figuarts ZERO, Figuarts ZERO EX, Tamashii Buddies, etc.), but those decisions lie in Bandai/Tamashii HQ back in Japan, NOT with Bluefin. The best Bluefin can do is constantly report customer demand and sales figures to Bandai/Tamashii homebase in Japan and they're the ones who have the final call.

The thing however is that Bluefin themselves actively have said not to want that discrepancy. There must be some influence in the sense that if Bluefin tells Tamashii 'yeah we're not ready to up distribution yet." then Tamashii probably ain't releasing it yet either. Bluefin does have influence, but it's an implicative one – as a company they make their own goals and agenda and that can influence Tamashii. And It's quite clear that without Bluefin, this line would have had 4 figures and died. It's not like this line would quicken its pace based on anything i Japan from what I understand.

Still wished we had a Japanese member here who also lives in Japan and knows the scene there.

It's about time they start to recognize. I couldn't care for the God design either but it'd still be cool to have it although there's hundreds of other characters I'd wanna see before it. I have a feeling it's gonna be a great year for DBZ figuarts. They seem to actually be listening to fans now and strategically timing their releases.

They have to remember if it wasn't for America, the line would've died a long time ago. Jus saiyan Tamashii!

Yes I was, but that's little old ignorant me. As for what I think tamashii will actually do, what's realistic, that's what I meat just now. And what I was gona reply with was pretty much already done by this guy. ↓

The thing however is that Bluefin themselves actively have said not to want that discrepancy. There must be some influence in the sense that if Bluefin tells Tamashii 'yeah we're not ready to up distribution yet." then Tamashii probably ain't releasing it yet either. Bluefin does have influence, but it's an implicative one – as a company they make their own goals and agenda and that can influence Tamashii. And It's quite clear that without Bluefin, this line would have had 4 figures and died. It's not like this line would quicken its pace based on anything i Japan from what I understand.

Still wished we had a Japanese member here who also lives in Japan and knows the scene there.

I see what you're saying. I think that could partially be because Bluefin wants to appear as "part" of Bandai/Tamashii when in fact they aren't. Yet, you are right that they are so heavily connected that it's hard to tell the difference. Bluefin is even responsible for setting up the Bandai/Tamashii displays at numerous U.S. events alongside Bandai/Tamashii staff. It's basically what Sideshow is to Hot Toys over here, where Sideshow is the "official exclusive U.S. distributor" for Hot Toys and even shows off Hot Toys products at all the local conventions and shows.

However, I don't think they're as influential with Bandai/Tamashii's figure choices and DBZ strategy as some might think. I do agree that they might have some sort of "say" by sharing sales, profits, orders, etc. data with Bandai/Tamashii, but I think the actual strategy is in Bandai/Tamashii's hands and they may SHARE that information with Bluefin in which Bluefin then makes their strategic distribution approach. Bluefin gains by Bandai/Tamashii making MORE of the popular U.S. lines and if Bluefin wants more profits, why would they NOT want more DBZ stuff coming out since it's their #1 Seller? If Bandai/Tamashii said they were going to increase the amount of DBZ releases in a year, do you think Bluefin would say "no" to that? No way! That's more money in their pockets!

Take a look at the reviews about working for Bluefin, doesn't really sound like a place that is helping with business strategy for Bandai/Tamashii but the typical warehouse/distributor trying to push product out.

Security | Glassdoor

I see what you're saying. (...)
Security | Glassdoor

Okay, I'm gona list some interviews with THE guy (Adam Newman), who I think is from Bandai himself, although he often speaks from Bluefin's POV it seems. So I'm the **** confused out my fool head. Point remains however that it's legit ****.
Toyfair 14 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Q4tLpzVIZw
NYCC 14 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UckStoG4rs
NYCC 14 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3wLPM7U3TE
(SDCC 14 only thing I could find was this with another guy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vla9rdvb7mM)

I don't remember which parts the dbz stuff is (sorry), but I know for sure that in an interview this guy basically stated that they don't want any franchise to grow disproportionately to the next. He might have Bandai on him, but he's an american representative obviously. I don't know if he comes from bluefin or not, ultimately it matters little where the line lies I think. Things can also change along the way as we know the 'web exclusive debate' is on going from this very same dude.

Ultimately there are clear reasons they're not hoarding in cash as fast as they can, be it principally or legally. But from everything I've heard by now, sorry if I can't source all of it back, it's clear that thus far there are no concrete reason to expect DBZ is gonna become here what Kamen Rider is in Japan.

So from that informed POV I say I'm okay if they can keep up the release rate of last year, and I'm very pleased if they can sustain the growth of a extra release as well. Especially if they're gonna pull out lesser priority releases like a Buutenks.

It's too bad we've kinda lost PwnStar, but sadly when you actually get hired by these guys, you get to hear more, but say less. Although I think he still does read this thread occasionally, so all of what we say here could potentially leak over into Bluefin and therefore Tamashii. We don't know, Pwn doesn't post here anymore (for obvious reasons being a bluefin employee).

figures of the new movie already? where is SSJ God boku and beerus.... and Kid buu to complete all final form main villains . Im just happy though that they are real easing DRAGON BALL figures . YEAH BOIIII!!!!!

uploadfromtaptalk1425256380963.jpguploadfromtaptalk1425256393628.jpg

Bootleg ssj Goku up on ebay. Anyone seen this one before? He's going for $36, which is actually more expensive than the legitimate one.

It's about time they start to recognize. I couldn't care for the God design either but it'd still be cool to have it although there's hundreds of other characters I'd wanna see before it. I have a feeling it's gonna be a great year for DBZ figuarts. They seem to actually be listening to fans now and strategically timing their releases.

They have to remember if it wasn't for America, the line would've died a long time ago. Jus saiyan Tamashii!
I was uber disappointed in "god" form. The first dbz transformation in probably twenty years and it's a bit of pink hair dye and albino eyes. Great.

For all these bootlegs they should put on the box "Figuarts Kids" & market them to ages 12 & under, perhaps make the hair less pointy so they dont hurt themselves

So which figure do you guys find, for whatever reason, the most difficult to pose? Like no matter what position you put him in, it still looks off & you're never satisfied?

For me, Cell is a pain in the ass. I just can't get it the way I want it to look for some reason.

So which figure do you guys find, for whatever reason, the most difficult to pose? Like no matter what position you put him in, it still looks off & you're never satisfied?

For me, Cell is a pain in the ass. I just can't get it the way I want it to look for some reason.
Saiyan saga Vegeta is a pain sometimes tbh.

Is it cool to post if I have a couple of figuarts for sale here? Saw it previously on this thread but wanted to make sure it was okay.
It's discouraged in threads in general, you would have to make a thread in the sale forum, with a premium member account.

Back