S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man kid buu looks great, but I'm a bit hesitant to get one because I'm not sure if figuarts is going to make one.

You can't say you have a good Buu saga release without the essentials and Kid Buu is essential. Same goes for Vegeta and Gotenks. If they have the balls to release Super Buu's alternate forms, they're most definitely gonna release his regular form and the other guys I mentioned. I'd say Saiyaman is needed to to have a pretty complete Buu saga.

Okay, I'm gona list some interviews with THE guy (Adam Newman), who I think is from Bandai himself, although he often speaks from Bluefin's POV it seems. So I'm the **** confused out my fool head. Point remains however that it's legit ****.
Toyfair 14 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Q4tLpzVIZw
NYCC 14 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UckStoG4rs
NYCC 14 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3wLPM7U3TE
(SDCC 14 only thing I could find was this with another guy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vla9rdvb7mM)

I don't remember which parts the dbz stuff is (sorry), but I know for sure that in an interview this guy basically stated that they don't want any franchise to grow disproportionately to the next. He might have Bandai on him, but he's an american representative obviously. I don't know if he comes from bluefin or not, ultimately it matters little where the line lies I think. Things can also change along the way as we know the 'web exclusive debate' is on going from this very same dude.

Ultimately there are clear reasons they're not hoarding in cash as fast as they can, be it principally or legally. But from everything I've heard by now, sorry if I can't source all of it back, it's clear that thus far there are no concrete reason to expect DBZ is gonna become here what Kamen Rider is in Japan.

So from that informed POV I say I'm okay if they can keep up the release rate of last year, and I'm very pleased if they can sustain the growth of a extra release as well. Especially if they're gonna pull out lesser priority releases like a Buutenks.

It's too bad we've kinda lost PwnStar, but sadly when you actually get hired by these guys, you get to hear more, but say less. Although I think he still does read this thread occasionally, so all of what we say here could potentially leak over into Bluefin and therefore Tamashii. We don't know, Pwn doesn't post here anymore (for obvious reasons being a bluefin employee).

Adam Newman works for Bandai, not Bluefin. He's actually been with the company for over ten years. https://jp.linkedin.com/pub/adam-newman/13/483/746

I think he talks a little of the political "fluff". Because if you take what he says and then turn around and look at how Tamashii have grown Figuarts, which two franchises seem to have more releases than any other? Kamen Rider and Ultra Man. Kamen Rider usually has multiple figure releases each month or two. I think Newman gets it and recognizes that Bandai/Tamashii can do more with DBZ in the Western world, but being a company guy, he has to provide the "safe" answer.

Either way Silrian, we're on the same page and want to see DBZ's Tamashii line grow. But Bandai/Tamashii clearly has a different strategic approach than we think they SHOULD have. Hopefully we'll see that change this year and we'll see more for the next. :)

By the way, Frieza's new form has been "revealed".
Spoiler Spoiler:

Tell me that isnt true.... a bloody repaint!? Well, now theres every possibility that is the SDCC exclusive. Oh and yeah, its just as bad as vomit Vegeta imo [emoji38]

Tamashii definitely had some pull in the new form

via Imgflip Meme Maker

Definitely. I'm completely disappointed.

So Freeza was training for 4 months and then he achieves a new form that surpasses SSJ, SSJ2 SSJ3 and SSJ God? And his new form is a golden version of his "final form"? Goku doesn't transform into anything and gets his ass kicked so Vegeta can be the hero this time. What the hell....

I am excited that it looks like Vegeta might FINALLY be the hero. I love Goku but it's about time the Saiyan prince got his moment in the spotlight that's doesn't require dancing :mad:

He's the one that deserves to take out Frieza once and for all. For his father, for his planet, for his race, and most of all his priiiiiiide!

I am excited that it looks like Vegeta might FINALLY be the hero. I love Goku but it's about time the Saiyan prince got his moment in the spotlight that's doesn't require dancing :mad:

He's the one that deserves to take out Frieza once and for all. For his father, for his planet, for his race, and most of all his priiiiiiide!

Yeah, that's the big moment I'm looking forward to.

I know I wanna see Vegeta decimate Freiza, although I felt the last movie lost the teeth that previous dbz movies had. I want this to be all out, the Sayian prince needs to kick ass!

That's the one positive I'm looking forward to if it's true.

At least he'll beat up blinged-out, gangsta gold Frieza.

^LMAO

I still feel like this movie is gonna be A LOT better than BOG. Tbh, there were a lot of things that bothered me about that movie but it's looking like ROF is going back to the action packed DBZ movie format with some light humor sprinkled throughout. It's looks like it's gonna have a more fleshed out story too (one can only hope)

The new trailer has been released and it seems that Goku got a serious wound on his chest just like Vegeta did on the Frieza saga. But this time Vegeta arrives later and start a fight with Frieza.

Looks like Jaco the Galactic Patrolman (google it) is gonna be in it as well

Freeza's new form looks pretty cool. I think some of you were expecting to see Cooler 2.0 or something

New forms blows big time, Toriyama needs to get away from having any design choices in future films. At least Vegeta becomes top dog finally.

Just going to post this here from Toriyama...

Q: Will Goku be able to transform into [Super Saiyan] God in the future?

A: I think you’ll understand if you watch [the movie], but Goku has already absorbed [Super Saiyan] God’s power and made it his own, so there is no need for him to transform into [Super Saiyan] God. Goku basically only thinks of fighting as a sporting match, so borrowing the power of five people isn’t fair, and he resisted doing that; however, it seems his curiosity towards the realm that lay even further beyond him won out.

Back