S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome! Thanks for the hi-res pictures, Cooler!

Edited: Man, I think Super Saiyan 4 Goku is going to empty my bank account when it's released. Ultimate Gohan's head looks fantastic. Buu's look pretty good, too.

Actually, I think Ultimate Gohan's eyebrows should have more of a curve at the top. It seems it would flow better if it were changed.

The poster is a bit blurry though, plus, I doubt Gohans hair would change in adulthood.

Maybe Goten? He would be 15 when Bills is awakened so it's not impossible!

The hair sucks, and I doubt much time has passed for it to be Goten.

Actually, I think it works out right, in that picture whoever that is looks around the same age as Gohan in the Saiayaman saga right? If only a bit younger, well I mean Goten would be 15 because he was 12 in Battle of the Gods and Bills was asleep for 3 years. Personally, it actually seems very possible that this is a teenage Goten, it would explain the hair, didn't he do the same thing in GT in order to distinguish himself from Goku. Also if Goten is much older here to the point of looking arguably like an adult, if he had the same hair and gi as Goku then it would be damn near impossible to distinguish them.

Also take a look behind Goku and Vegeta, this is irrelevant to whether it is Goku or Gohan, behind Goku you can see a red lightning effect, obviously as we all know, Goku's God hair is red and behind Vegeta you can see a similar lightning effect but in blue. Remember how all of the fan art for God Vegeta had blue hair? Maybe it's just another thing Toriyama took from fan-art as advice for new designs like the scouter of the guy in the bottom left. Also I swear I have seen that Goku gi before so maybe there is a considerable bit of fan design input or maybe I am making it up!

Nah im now with Ang that its Gohan man, it just makes sense since the poster seems to be showing folk from the Namek saga, barring Beerus and Whis obviously.

We have Goku, Vegeta in Namek style armor, Krillin in his old pre android gi with shaved hair, Piccolo and what can only be Gohan with his Namek mullet.

Nah im now with Ang that its Gohan man, it just makes sense since the poster seems to be showing folk from the Namek saga, barring Beerus and Whis obviously.

We have Goku, Vegeta in Namek style armor, Krillin in his old pre android gi with shaved hair, Piccolo and what can only be Gohan with his Namek mullet.

Ugh I hope not, but that does seem to be the most likely scenario :/ I really didn't like Gohan's bowl cut either, fingers crossed that it is Goten then, but it's unlikely!

Teen/Adult Goten as seen in the DBZ epilogue (which takes place 10 years after Majin Buu's defeat)

goten.jpg

Battle of Gods takes place 5 years after Buu's defeat. We are assuming this new movie will take place 3 years after Battle of Gods [after Beerus reawakens], since Whis told Beerus to take a nap for 3 years, yet we clearly see both of them on the teaser poster.

If it does take place 3 years after, that means it would have to take place only 2 years before the DBZ epilogue as seen above. Therefore it is still reasonable to assume that could in fact be Goten on the poster, since he would be close to that age & look. Even if it isn't Goten, & the above theory is correct, he would resemble that look anyway; it would be silly to keep him & Trunks as children well into their mid-late teens. Although logic states they should've at least looked older/taller even in Battle of Gods, 5 years later & they literally haven't aged at all, so who knows. Saiyan growth spurts are weird like that.

and why would Krillin shave his head again lol

Teen/Adult Goten as seen in the DBZ epilogue (which takes place 10 years after Majin Buu's defeat)

View attachment 146894

Battle of Gods takes place 5 years after Buu's defeat. We are assuming this new movie will take place 3 years after Battle of Gods [after Beerus reawakens], since Whis told Beerus to take a nap for 3 years, yet we clearly see both of them on the teaser poster.

If it does take place 3 years after, that means it would have to take place only 2 years before the DBZ epilogue as seen above. Therefore it is still reasonable to assume that could in fact be Goten on the poster, since he would be close to that age & look. Even if it isn't Goten, & the above theory is correct, he would resemble that look anyway; it would be silly to keep him & Trunks as children well into their mid-late teens. Although logic states they should've at least looked older/taller even in Battle of Gods, 5 years later & they literally haven't aged at all, so who knows. Saiyan growth spurts are weird like that.

and why would Krillin shave his head again lol

Well actually the fact that Goten and Trunks still look so young in BOG is actually pretty accurate right? Goku looked even younger at age 12 in my opinion he really didn't grow much until like his teens or something like that! Either way I don't think it is entirely certain that that is Gohan, but odds are it is...

I would've hoped they would at least looked like Teen Gohan during the Cell Games. But they're literally still pint-sized lol

Saiyans have an odd aging rate - Goku and Vegeta look so much younger than their wives by the end of DBZ :lol Gohan barely grew by the time of the Cell games (maybe a few inches and got buff - still not much) when he was 12, compared to when the series began and he was 4. The difference isn't that big, but notable. Similarly, Goten and Trunks are only 7 during the Buu Saga so at age 12, they wouldn't look too different. Also, Vegeta looked like a 4 year old during the Bardock special while Goku and Broly were still infants at that time, even though Goku and Vegeta are probably a similar age. And Again, during Dragon Ball, Goku was maybe 10 or 12 (he thought he was 14 but he couldn't count. Oh that Goku) at the start and then 16 after King Piccolo's defeat - but Goku didn't age visibly until the final season where he is around 18.

That said, I do think Goten and Trunks should have looked a little older and bigger in BoG but not significantly so. Gohan does look a little different after all in BoG, if only his hair. Even then he probably gets away a little. Speaking of BoG, I found this amusing tweet about Gohan.

@yuusukewatanabe And on top of that, there’s no need for Gohan to be a Super Saiyan. The GT staff were careless like that too, but you completely forgot about it, didn’t you? — Elder Kaiōshin’s unlocking his latent potential.

:rotfl

Last edited:
Well I'd like to see the full outfit first :lol

I just wonder why Toriyama keeps rehashing Frieza over n over. In the Yo! Son Goku & Friends Return!! special, he had Abo & Cado be remnants of Frieza's army. In the Dragon Ball Minus manga, he made Frieza not only fear the SS but the SSG as well. He featured him in his Jaco the Galactic Patrolman manga. In BoG he includes a flashback of Goku fighting Frieza & makes Beerus shocked that he was defeated. Now he's flat-out resurrecting him from the dead.

I mean yeah Frieza was essentially the catalyst of the entire saga but damn, he was defeated & his legacy wiped out, give us new characters & gods that don't all lead back to Frieza, lol. Even in the Yo Son Goku special, Goku even says "in hindsight, not much of a foe." Nowadays when I think of Frieza, the scene of him boasting how his "reputation precedes him" and Adult Gohan just flying up & destroying him with 1 single punch to the gut comes to mind :lol

I would've hoped they would at least looked like Teen Gohan during the Cell Games. But they're literally still pint-sized lol

Gohan was 11 during the Cell Games, wasn't he?

Edited: Just read FSLAR's comment.

Vegeta is older than Goku by a few years.

Figuarts release? I'm not big on the movies so i'd be a bit upset at a Vegeta or Goku from that movie having precedence over some of their outfits from the show/manga...especially Vegeta.

I think if the line was in danger and they wanted something to grab the fan base's attention, Tamashii would have produced and developed Beerus and Super Saiyan God. Since the line is thriving, there's no need to rush them out any time soon. Which is actually really good news.

I ****ing love that scene. I'm glad you posted it, crisis. The "Oh *****!" look on Frieza's face is absolutely priceless. ONE PUNCH!

cool fanart I found on instagram.. hopefully 1 day our displays will resemble this scene

FullSizeRender.jpg

I wonder if Tamashii could go through a loophole and design a Battle of Gods Super Saiyan Vegeta...

dragon-ball-z-battle-of-gods-vegeta-super-saiyan.jpg

Shorter hair with striations and a thicker mold.

The whole Vegeta and other "web Ex" not being able to be released is complete and utter ********..

they can do it if they wanted to, nothing in the way

The whole Vegeta and other "web Ex" not being able to be released is complete and utter ********..

they can do it if they wanted to, nothing in the way

Imagine how maddening it would be to those poor chaps that succumbed to scalpers if they changed their stance now. lol

Back