S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well Tamashii would be if they go back on their word. When you expressly state that such and such figure is a "web ex" or whatever, otherwise meaning that it will NOT be released again so that you keep loyalty and then you change your stance later it's worst than never having the exclusivity in the first place.

Honestly it would be like a private gym offering memberships for X price and specifically stating that X price will not change in the next year and once they've tapped their market to start lowering their membership prices within the next few months. Of course Tamashii can't be held legally in contempt like this gym but they will, I imagine, lose loyalty and trust with some of their faithfuls and these are the very customers they were trying to KEEP loyal with the exclusivity in the first place.

It don't make sense unless there's a huge shake down in management over there and even then, they would lose a lot of face for changing their policy regarding past releases.

And of course the buyer takes responsibility for paying scalper rates but when that decision is based on false pretenses you cannot help but feel bad.

Thank you. That's all I've been looking for.

Oh and Angelo, the differences for SS1 and SS2 for Vegeta are the following;

SS1: Same shape hair as in his normal state, still flow-y:

0000000vegeta_ssj_1.jpg

SS2: Hair becomes streaked back, and spikier.

majin%2Bvegeta%2Bssj2-11.jpg

Lets not start the exclusive argument again for Gods sake.

There is nothing exclusive about these figures, they are just web ex to limit bad sales, thats it.

I have said before, and I agree with lipsmack that its your choice to pay inflated prices, but dont blame tamashii if they do reissue whatever figure it happens with.

They are only at these prices because of scalpers, they are NOT worth said prices.

Oh and Angelo, the differences for SS1 and SS2 for Vegeta are the following;

SS1: Same shape hair as in his normal state, still flow-y:

0000000vegeta_ssj_1.jpg

SS2: Hair becomes streaked back, and spikier.

majin%2Bvegeta%2Bssj2-11.jpg

Great, thanks! I thought Vegeta from Battle of Gods just had the striations in his hair but now I clearly see it's Super Saiyan 2. I'm so used to Goku or Gohan's Super Saiyan 2 form with the lock of hair in the front that I thought that was one of the alterations for the Saiyan's appearance.

Well Tamashii would be if they go back on their word.

Then YOU go take that up with TAMASHII because it's a FACT that they RERELEASE web exclusive ITEMS. PERIOD. They have done so and they give NO reason not to expect more of them, because they've already set precedence. This is literally how law works, this is how lawyers win cases in courtrooms, by invoking cases where a precedence has been set. Guess what? Precedence has been set. Who here is the misinformed buyer now? We ALL are, because Tamashii refuses to give clearance on the subject, something I've been (yes, supernatural) COMPLAINING about for quite a while now.

So whatever 'word' you think you're relying on, as a buyer, is BROKEN, provably, factually, historically, BROKEN. 'Policy' > trash can.

In our line's case they've rereleased web exclusive ssj Goku and they have rereleased scouter vegeta as a repaint; a web exclusive (a choice hardly anyone ****ing cared about). But they've rereleased more web exclusives of other lines as well. A moral high ground isn't something you step on or off. You are either consistently on it, or you fall from it.

It's EXACTLY like LipSmack says, a load of massive B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T. Tamashii can do whatever they want because they've PROVEN it. We as consumers have now known this for over a year, and a very large portion of consumers has been led to believe, or has not been deferred from believing that this will happen in the future. Arlia Vegeta was the nail in the coffin ("NAAAAAIIIIIL!!!"). So the "meeeh, I'm a misinformed buyer" position is not an argument any particular side can claim here, we ALL are misinformed. That is how Tamashii rolls, it's that simple. They break their own policy.

Whatever you "it's immoral to release web exclusives" people wanna say, the fact is and remains that Tamashii has already broken your trust. Tamashii DOESN'T keep to their word and I think everyone who has to resort to scalping has every right to feel hella cheated when tamashii CLEARLY can rerelease web exclusives, and DOES so, but NOT the most demanded ones. (Can I get a massive WHAT THE **** here?)

This is all a solid, historical, FACT. There's nothing to debate about this. Tamashii has already broken their word. Tamashii is therefore UNRELIABLE. We've known this for quite a while now and we know explicitly that they themselves don't know what to do with it (because they literally ****ing tell us in interviews that have been posted here that they don't know what to do with it), except that they've already done something with it, because they made their choice when they rereleased web exclusives.

All tamashii is doing now is saying 'we don't know, we're not sure' as an excuse not to release product A, when they rerelease product B that's in the SAME ****ing category. They LITERALLY told us it's more LIKELY that the mmpr web exclusives will be released. Why? I have NO ****ING IDEA.

I'm sorry 'moral high ground' people, but the very company you like is not on your side. So don't take it up with people here who'd just like to own their fav collectibles for a descent price and actually WANT to support this company, but are being cockblocked to everyone's detriment. Stop nagging to those people and take it up with Tamashii. Go write them your comments about moral high ground and informed consumership.

/rantover

Oh uh ftr android 20, you're a bit new here I believe, that wasn't actually meant literally just toward you. I just catapulted off of that single sentence you wrote. Don't feel unwelcomed by me or anything. I have no personal issue with you, just so you know.:wave

Then YOU go take that up with TAMASHII because it's a FACT that they RERELEASE web exclusive ITEMS. PERIOD. They have done so and they give NO reason not to expect more of them, because they've already set precedence. This is literally how law works, this is how lawyers win cases in courtrooms, by invoking cases where a precedence has been set. Guess what? Precedence has been set. Who here is the misinformed buyer now? We ALL are, because Tamashii refuses to give clearance on the subject, something I've been (yes, supernatural) COMPLAINING about for quite a while now.

So whatever 'word' you think you're relying on, as a buyer, is BROKEN, provably, factually, historically, BROKEN. 'Policy' > trash can.

In our line's case they've rereleased web exclusive ssj Goku and they have rereleased scouter vegeta as a repaint; a web exclusive (a choice hardly anyone ****ing cared about). But they've rereleased more web exclusives of other lines as well. A moral high ground isn't something you step on or off. You are either consistently on it, or you fall from it.

It's EXACTLY like LipSmack says, a load of massive B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T. Tamashii can do whatever they want because they've PROVEN it. We as consumers have now known this for over a year, and a very large portion of consumers has been led to believe, or has not been deferred from believing that this will happen in the future. Arlia Vegeta was the nail in the coffin ("NAAAAAIIIIIL!!!"). So the "meeeh, I'm a misinformed buyer" position is not an argument any particular side can claim here, we ALL are misinformed. That is how Tamashii rolls, it's that simple. They break their own policy.

Whatever you "it's immoral to release web exclusives" people wanna say, the fact is and remains that Tamashii has already broken your trust. Tamashii DOESN'T keep to their word and I think everyone who has to resort to scalping has every right to feel hella cheated when tamashii CLEARLY can rerelease web exclusives, and DOES so, but NOT the most demanded ones. (Can I get a massive WHAT THE **** here?)

This is all a solid, historical, FACT. There's nothing to debate about this. Tamashii has already broken their word. Tamashii is therefore UNRELIABLE. We've known this for quite a while now and we know explicitly that they themselves don't know what to do with it (because they literally ****ing tell us in interviews that have been posted here that they don't know what to do with it), except that they've already done something with it, because they made their choice when they rereleased web exclusives.

All tamashii is doing now is saying 'we don't know, we're not sure' as an excuse not to release product A, when they rerelease product B that's in the SAME ****ing category. They LITERALLY told us it's more LIKELY that the mmpr web exclusives will be released. Why? I have NO ****ING IDEA.

I'm sorry 'moral high ground' people, but the very company you like is not on your side. So don't take it up with people here who'd just like to own their fav collectibles for a descent price and actually WANT to support this company, but are being cockblocked to everyone's detriment. Stop nagging to those people and take it up with Tamashii. Go write them your comments about moral high ground and informed consumership.

/rantover

I'm confused. Unless I've misinterpreted LipSmack's comments, and his expressed lack of remorse surrounding those that have had to pay high after market prices, how is that agreeing with him exactly?

Edited: Ah, nevermind. I could clearly see the last paragraph being pointed towards me. Which is interesting because I feel that completely contradicts your point of view on the entire subject that I've been discussing.

The amount of times we have argued about this issue Ang im not surprised lipsmack has a lack or remorse tbh, and honestly neither do I. I have said before, I was lucky enough to get every figure (except fugly Vegeta) at retail, but if I hadnt, there was no chance I was paying scalper prices for any of them.

Like I said before, Tamashii only has these as web ex to limit collateral damage should any not sell well. A BS rule, yes, but again, tamashii hasnt said it cant be done, just that with this line they wont atm. There is no "loyalty" man they just dont want to lose money!

When you pay scalper prices, none of that goes to tamashii, they make no extra cash on these inflated prices so its not their problem.

What im trying to say is that these arent true exclusives; tamashii make the same amount of these figures as any other line, they just slap the web ex mark on them to force shops to preorder them so they make their money before any are even sold, thats a web ex in a nutshell.

Because, and this is how I interpreted you LipSmack, it's all about the fact that this is a gamble. Tamashii themselves have never openly stated web exclusive items have never and will never be rereleased in general. The only reason consumers think this is because they're called 'exclusive'.

The truth is that we do not know what tamashii will do and they've proven they can do anything. That levels the playing field and makes it a simple gamble what you buy when and for how much. So that's on the buyer.

To what extent Lip has sympathy for someone's individual pain is kindof irrelevant, I find people who take up this call to arms to defend this exclusivity just as remoreless to all those fans who de facto simply will never get to share in the fun. But that's ultimately irrelevant to when it comes to moral rules.

The simple fact is tamashii has broken what was perceived as 'policy', that means the playing field is level. And it has been slowly leveled more and more to the entirely flat and unpredictable surface it is now in the past years.

I also ultimately wonder to myself what exactly is this about? Is this about owning what you want? Or 1-upping other people?

Because ultimately the losers are those who dont get to buy what they want. I feel sorry for them, more than anyone else. Because that is what this is about: the fun in owning collectibles. Not showing off investments. I'm not here to showboat. I'm here to have fun with people who like owning the same stuff I do. And that is where Lip was dead on. I'm not here to pull a Bateman and show off my new pristine business cards. If you are, than that's your petty problem. I'm here because it's fun to share my hobby with fellow fans. Even from self interest, what good is that if those fans , or half of 'm, are just annoyed and frustrated? How is that any fun? For anyone?

Over a year ago I took a gamble, I didn't know what tamashii was gonna do and I bought ssj vegeta for a scalper price. Do I regret that? No. Will I regret if they do rerelease him? HELL NO, I secured my copy years before, and have enjoyed it all this time. I don't regret that for a second and I don't see why anyone else should, if it was worth it to you. We don't know what tamashii will do and they have done everything policywise. Those are the facts for all of us. Exactly what Lipsmack said, own your decisions given those facts, spend what something is worth TO YOU and you'll never regret any purchase, we're all misinformed one way or the other.

The amount of times we have argued about this issue Ang im not surprised lipsmack has a lack or remorse tbh, and honestly neither do I. I have said before, I was lucky enough to get every figure (except fugly Vegeta) at retail, but if I hadnt, there was no chance I was paying scalper prices for any of them.

Like I said before, Tamashii only has these as web ex to limit collateral damage should any not sell well. A BS rule, yes, but again, tamashii hasnt said it cant be done, just that with this line they wont atm. There is no "loyalty" man they just dont want to lose money!

When you pay scalper prices, none of that goes to tamashii, they make no extra cash on these inflated prices so its not their problem.

That's completely understandable but I don't feel that means that we, as a collectible community, should succumb to that ideology as a whole. You and others were fortunate to pay retail price. Me and others who are still currently joining the line every day weren't/aren't. If it weren't for you and those people, those of us joining in WOULDN'T HAVE this line. You have no idea how much respect I have for your group...but I feel it's completely different because that group has never had to go through what my group has. I love this line. I'm sticking with it until the end. I'll never forgive Tamashii for putting my group through this hell of resorting to pay after market prices because they have given us absolutely no certainty in re-releases. I just feel that there should at least be some minuscule amount of understanding in that.

Oh uh ftr android 20, you're a bit new here I believe, that wasn't actually meant literally just toward you. I just catapulted off of that single sentence you wrote. Don't feel unwelcomed by me or anything. I have no personal issue with you, just so you know.:wave

lol I got you man, no harm done.

But have they really re-released the exact same figure twice? The SDCC versions all have different colour schemes.

Yes the figuarts zero goku was a web exclusive and they've rereleased it. Boom, just like that. FACT.

Exactly at that point did I become actively mad at Tamashii, because they set precedence right there, but they're still refusing to do it with a figure that actually warrants it a lot more.

And all sdcc repaints before vegeta were normal releases, who're being rereleased all the time. Then, AFTER the very clear insane aftermarket for especially ssj vegeta, they make their first sdcc repaint of a web exclusive: ARLIA VEGETA.

How the **** is that supposed to make a massive portion of the fanbase feel? Talk about showing sympathy to people.

And all this, to a group, who's made DBZ their number one export line and revived it from the dead.

That's not how you treat such a loyal growing fanbase as far as I'm concerned.

(Unless there is an issue internally that we do not know, which I've been wondering about a long time. None of this makes sense. Maybe TOEI is holding tamashii back, no idea.)

That's completely understandable but I don't feel that means that we, as a collectible community, should succumb to that ideology as a whole. You and others were fortunate to pay retail price. Me and others who are still currently joining the line every day weren't/aren't. If it weren't for you and those people, those of us joining in WOULDN'T HAVE this line. You have no idea how much respect I have for your group...but I feel it's completely different because that group has never had to go through what my group has. I love this line. I'm sticking with it until the end. I'll never forgive Tamashii for putting my group through this hell of resorting to pay after market prices because they have given us absolutely no certainty in re-releases. I just feel that there should at least be some minuscule amount of understanding in that.

As a newbie to figuarts I have to say I was wholly disheartened by prices of figures like Vegeta and Trunks...but it's not like I cannot afford them if I really wanted them.

On another note my Datong Scouter and SS Vegeta have just arrived and n first impressions i'm reasonably happy with them, although I would want a real SS Vegeta, that hip joint is weird on Da Tong.

My Scouter's paint apps are great, maybe I got lucky? Definitely buying a few more for customization.

And this is all not to mention the fact they keep bungling these figures in front of us as a hook to sell more stuff, as Nick already pointed out. They show you all products, they break their own policy/word giving hope that any or all of that product could be made available. There's a HUGE demand for it for a long while... ...and then they don't deliver.

Sorry but it's reached a point where the biggest immoral side here is tamashii themselves and whatever your stance on exclusivity is, that is undeniable. That's rationally provable, and no amount of new reveals can compensate the fact that they refuse to clarify how they proverbially "roll" which voids the whole notion of informed buyer-ship entirely (whether you acknowledge that or not, it does)

Edited: Ah, nevermind. I could clearly see the last paragraph being pointed towards me. Which is interesting because I feel that completely contradicts your point of view on the entire subject that I've been discussing.

Before we have another mishap, nothing was aimed personally at you. It was just a general statement that if the people who want to see exclusivity morally enforced then those people need to take it up with tamashii, not fellow fans, because tamashii themselves are negating it. At the state it is now fans are completely valid in wanting a ssj vegeta, or trunks, or whatever web exclusive rerelease. Tamashii validated them when they released other web exclusives and broke their own policy levelling the playing field. Why one web exclusive and not the other? There's no moral difference. And we haven't been given a technical difference. Only thing we get out of them is 'the debate is on going' and 'it remains an exception'.

Well, morality has no exceptions, that's what defines morality. So that's what that last paragraph was about, the fact that if you want moral consistency enforced, take it up with tamashii, they're the ones who void it. Fans' desire for rereleases are completely morally valid at this point.

Now I understand why blood shys away from this thread so often, think I'll do the same until I see some new photos

Back