S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Manik, you might have just hit the nail there with Gohan. If this is later on then adult Gohan may have the same hair as future Gohan, and just spike it up like Goten does. Teen Gohan may just have spiked his hair up in the Buu saga thinking about it.

"Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiil!!!"

This whole namek-throwback thing just causes too many openings for super kami guru quotes.

Okay how about this: what if Frieza finds a way to usurp Beerus' power and Whis is not strong enough to stop him? (Or the other way around.)

Doesn't Beerus mention that at one point he thought Frieza could potentially become the new God of Destruction, but he became too arrogant and self absorbed? Or am I mixing up dialogue now?

Man, I am so excited for the new movie! If I had a choice to see this over all the 25 superhero movies announced, I'd choose the 25 superhero movies. Hey, I'm not fool! The odds are at least I'd be getting at least a few great movies as good as this one. I'm just kidding, I actually do want to see this more!

The designs are so awesome! I believe it's kind of what Silrian, Philosopher, and I wanted for Goku in a future appearance. Maybe, I'm wrong, but I love it! I think Vegeta's new updated Namek outfit is so neat! It looks like instead of under armor, he's using some padded material.

I can't wait to see Vegeta confront Freeza again after he's grown so much character-wise. There's probably going to be a climatic moment where Vegeta decides to take pity on Freeza, coming full circle!

As for Freeza as a character, I really liked him, but I'm into the Japanese original and the manga. However, I still think Cell was a much better character. Freeza was annoying with his percentages of percentages of percentages of power. Hey, at least Broly lived up to his "uncontrollable power" hype that Paragus gave. Freeza kept said how he didn't change forms, because he couldn't contain his power, but I didn't get the feeling like he was loosing grips. He was always cool and collected. I liked him way more in the manga, since the fight is SO MUCH BETTER being short. That's why the Goku vs Cell fight was so good, because it was tight and paced well with the technique variations. I'm looking forward to seeing what they're going to do with Freeza's character.

I actually think the best Dragon Ball Z villains were Cell, the Android Twins, the blond haired sniper from the Boo arc that I brought up last year. That was the best moment in the Boo Saga, besides the Vegeta stuff. Apparently Funimation gave him the name Van Zant, but he's just unnamed in the original.

I'm stoked! :)

Doesn't Beerus mention that at one point he thought Frieza could potentially become the new God of Destruction, but he became too arrogant and self absorbed? Or am I mixing up dialogue now?

Nah that's totally fabricated dude, he never said anything like that lol. He just turned a blind eye to Frieza because he was basically making his job easier for him (destroying planets). He also hinted that he wanted to blow up planet Vegeta himself because the majority of the Saiyans were evil anyway. And he also wanted to eventually kill Frieza due to how evil he was (which is kinda hypocritical, really. Frieza destroyed planets with innocent civilizations only because he wanted to, so that makes him evil, but Beerus destroying planets with innocent civilizations just because "it's his job," that makes it okay? lol but whatever)

About Frieza's strength in this film, perhaps it'll be something as simple as Frieza's henchmen stealing a special jar or item from Beerus & Whis' home that boosts the power of whoever drinks it to maximum or whatever, equal or greater than Super Saiyan God. Some random explanation like that should be expected.

How could they sneak on their planet without detection, you ask? Remember, Beerus was sleeping for 3 years at the conclusion of BoG, and Whis could've probably just been watering the plants outside while they sneak past him. This is typical Toriyama humor, folks!

You're right, I checked it, and I mixed it up with the fact that he calls frieza an 'upstart', but there's no real hint of anything else there.

Above anything I'd say Gohan simply looks like a civilian, I don't think he'll play a large fighting role. It's definitely exciting to see if Toriyama can actually work with the saiyan and frieza history from a new angle now that he has Beerus and new lore in the mix.

I hope this time the Funidub doesn't take as long as the last time though.

I actually think Gohan wearing the jogging suit is awesome! That's what I love about these guys. They're just friends and family, living through life and coming across crazy events.

By the way, I have no problem if they took away Super Saiyan. There could be an awesome intro with the Saiyans using it, but then have it taken away. Then the only option would be to do use the Super Saiyan God form in short bursts. It would be funny if they traded it off. Beerus is a firecracker, so there's no telling what he'll be doing in this movie.

Oh I'm sure we'll see at least Goku go Super Saiyan again, but since he can apparently tap into the SSG power by himself now, who knows how long it'll exactly last

Yeah shipping is free, which is awesome. I actually really like their site, thanks to whoever posted about it on here like a week ago, it might be my go to for DBZ Figuarts. I'm really excited to get this collection started lol

I find it funny how clearly the movies now have the sdcc exclusive shading. That ssj goku shot in that clip is like nearly exactly the 2011 exclusive. Including the purple bands.

Untitled.jpg

had to drop some knowledge on another site lol (i'm Anon)

How many people like knee pads?
attachment.php
I hate the knee pads, because of this:
between these two pictures, which looks more like an actual pair of pants
dragon-ball-z-klilyn-shfiguarts-krillin-bandai-9982-MLB20023461161_122013-O.jpg
4543112739421e-500x500.jpg

Goku's sculpt looks more natural to, even in kamehameha poses.
Knee pads are carved against the flow of the folds. Cutting right through the sculpt as if the shape was unimportant, I don't like that at all.

The better method would be to shape it to flow with the folds.

Philos, I don't know....if you're immersion is broken by the knee pads then why not the rest of the features that give away what is obviously a plastic toy?

That hinge in Goku's elbow doesn't look like real flesh to me....

Either way you have to take the figure for a figure but what I like about knee pads is that it helps the figure look as though it didn't just have it's knee mauled off by a bear or something. When you bend the knees on Goku or Piccolo or any character with baggy pants it kind of looks like they dont even have knees to begin with.

Philos, I don't know....if you're immersion is broken by the knee pads then why not the rest of the features that give away what is obviously a plastic toy?

That hinge in Goku's elbow doesn't look like real flesh to me....

Either way you have to take the figure for a figure but what I like about knee pads is that it helps the figure look as though it didn't just have it's knee mauled off by a bear or something. When you bend the knees on Goku or Piccolo or any character with baggy pants it kind of looks like they dont even have knees to begin with.
I guess people preferences relate directly to the poses they display their figures in, and their typical viewing angle of their display.

I frequent Kamehameha pose, kicks, dash punches, and standing power-up. Those poses present the front side of the upper leg in a position that occludes the knees. With capped knees, there are several slices that are always visible no matter what pose you put them in. Whereas the overhanging folds design only looks odd in specific cases, but looks good in most others.

Yes, the hinge in Goku's elbows doesn't look like real flesh, but we have no other design alternative to hide the joints more effectively and retain a great range of motion.

The goal of every Sculptor who designs these figures to make them look as good and as seamless as a statue, but to maintain mobility and good rang of motion.

The perfect action figure is one that doesn't look like an action figure.

The perfect action figure is one that doesn't look like an action figure.

I agree but technology isn't quite there yet, but it's getting close.

The goal of every Sculptor who designs these figures to make them look as good and as seamless as a statue, but to maintain mobility and good rang of motion.

I think that is the precise reason for the knee pads being implemented. Characters with tight leggings like Vegeta and 18 can get away with the exposed hinge because it looks like an exposed/skin-tight covered knee whereas the figures with baggy pants have an obvious huge gap where their knee should be when their knee joint is bent.

Ultimately it's a matter of taste by it looks like from now on for any character that doesn't have bare knees/skin tight leggings Tamashii is going to utilize the knee pad.

Well philo, I used to disagree with you, but I've come down to your side actually (I think it was your relentless amount of polling, I'm a sucker for it). I think an overlapping two-piece double joint works better, than non-overlapping with a middle piece.

But you're probably right, it depends on your own needs. But if it comes down to tallying, I've switched to you preference when it concerns sculpted gi's. Not skinsuits like vegeta.

I haven't got 17 yet, I'm not sure what my verdict will be on him regarding this specific point (literally).

If I were to pose Vegito, or any similar figure, like the one in the picture, I would rather have kneepads than no-kneepads. To me, kneepads would give it at least some sort of finish look to it while no-kneepads makes it look incomplete.

Back