S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also, ssj3 goku shouldn't be rereleased the way it was released imo, I don't think I'd buy that anyway. I could've for retail back in the day and I passed then too.

I think those are 4" like the goku and vegeta. Weren't they called shodo too? Is shodo japanese for small or something?

Those look really nice actually! Candy toys tend to be around the 6inch scale but dont really scale well with different heights in their own range (that Broly for example is the same height as Goku)

The only thing that bugs me about them is the blank faces, no point posing them when they look so bored :lol

Those are the latest additions to the Shodo line, which so far only consists of SS Goku (battle damaged), SS Vegeta and SSG Goku. They're pretty tiny, though. That Broly is in fact way under-scaled, lol. The Hybrid Action Broly is a more accurate representation and would scale perfectly with these.

As for the figurines themselves, they're OK for what they are but are overpriced. These things should be worth no more than 10 bucks but I see them being sold online for like $30 and up. They're very articulated, arguably the smallest articulated DBZ figurines in existence. Each one comes with a set of spare hands and a tiny support stand.

They're a cool novelty if you wanna spend the cash, but it's like, why waste the money on such tiny figures (i bought them anyway tho, derp). They're glorified gashapons, really.

Oh, the shodo line? Thats a shame then. I didnt think candy toys made those though? Unless ami-ami are rubbish with translating :lol

The final versions of the first batch were really badly painted compared to the promo pics so I wouldnt hold my breath. Like Crisis said, not worth the money.

Would someone be kind enough to answer a few questions for me please?

What DBZ SHFigurarts can still be had for close to retail?

What figures have knockoffs? I know of the datong vegeta and see it all over ebay, but I've seen SSJ goku and regular goku for decent prices and am wondering if those are knockoffs too.

These figures look great and I'm really tempted to get into this line, but the inflated prices on the aftermarket are intense. I wish I'd known about these sooner.

You can get Normal Goku, Piccolo, SS Goku and Android 17 for close to retail, very cheap. Krillin, Android 18 are still affordable but are steadily rising in price. For the rest, write them down on your Christmas list

As for the knock-offs, the biggest indicator is the box itself; if it has Chinese letters/Kanji all over it then it's a bootleg. The official ones all have the character's name written in english on the front. SS Goku, SS Vegeta and Scouter Vegeta are the only known ones that are being bootlegged [so far]

Got Cell today. Sooooo awesome! There are so many poses I want to put him in. For now he's in a showdown with Goku. I'm sure it'll change like 1000 times though in the next few weeks haha. Such a great figure.

hHqGoeM.jpg

For anyone that wants a desired figure, consider this: I dunno how many of you have jobs, but if you stash away like $20 or $30 from each paycheck, even $10, eventually you'll have enough to afford Trunks or SS Vegeta.. so why not? It's not like the figures are no longer available, they are, they're just expensive. I know we all have other more important priorities, but just a suggestion for anyone that's thinking these things will drastically drop in price anytime soon.

Honestly...I don't really see a difference in doing that. It's not a bad idea, but you're still spending the same amount of money. And you're still losing a hefty amount.

Look, if you want something, you want something, but just wonder at which point you might not want something else MORE? You can set up a savings plan, but realise what else you could be saving up for? Know what you want, and I mean REALLY find out what you REALLY want.

Realistically I'll say it if I'd come across this line now I'd probably pay a scalper price for sdcc piccolo, snatch up 18, regular Goku and ssj Goku, and now 17, maybe Krillin and just wait until they release Majin Vegeta and Ultimate Gohan, and hope for a manga gohan rerelease. And just keep it at that.

I would not pay scalper prices for anything else. Hobbies are fun, but they shouldn't own you. If you really do have tons of money, yeah who cares, but if you're someone for whom money isn't something to wipe your ass with, I would buy at the most 1 scalper priced item if it completes you're set or something, or its just that 1 pain in the ass to go through. But otherwise, I'd consider spending amounts of money that matter to things that matter. You might need a new stereo, computer, car, name it.

There's a lot of stuff that starts competing at higher price ranges that you should realise imo. It's imo not as isolated as Crisis makes it sound. It's not just a matter of time. If your recources are limited, there's no cheating out of that. You gotta prioritise. Maybe sell stuff you have (I have for example, I traded in a collection for these essentially).

This is the prime reason I really don't get massive 1/6 scale collections unless you're pretty damn loaded. There's so much else to do with big money. And it's pretty hard times for many people. Maybe you wanna save some stuff to help a fasmily member out? Maybe you need furniture? Maybe your kid needs cheering up? All I'm saying is, before you headdive into aftermarket prices, really prioritise whether this stuff is worth being ripped off to you.

If it is, then you need not ask a fellow collector whether to do it. As I said, if you want something, you want something. Only you can know how much that's worth to you...

@Silrian I agree, I was just trying to make a point to those that keep wondering & asking if Tamashii will ever rerelease Trunks or Vegeta, if they want it so bad then they can still get it, they're out there for those that really want them. Some people think that since Tamashii is quiet on rereleasing them, then they will forever be unattainable but that's not the case. It's all relative to what you prioritize over whatever else.

Yep, im with Silrian. I already have one of each figure apart from Arlian Vegeta, but if I didnt I would refuse to give scalpers the money for it, they are crooks and dont deserve the money. Its a matter of principal

It's either refuse to pay scalper prices, or just have a collection without said figure. Or wait for a good deal on ebay, because Tamashii sure as hell isn't gonna do anything about it (with a few exceptions *coughgohancough*)

Yes, but Vegito himself is already a somewhat random move. Overall when you look at the entire line, up to what we know now, there's little real rhyme or reason to it in the details that we can recover with any certainty, except that we know some were poll winners... Not to any extent that it makes estimating what they'll do significantly easier. Who the hell saw ssj4 goku coming?.

Well, we knew Tamashii was going to focus on the Buu Saga but Vegito is quite random at the moment. I wouldn't be surprised if Tamashii did an "Eeny, meeny, miny, moe" style of choosing where to start in the Saga. Although that is a random move, they do seem to be staying within that time frame though with Gohan/Gotenks Absorbed Super Buu and Ultimate Gohan.

Super Saiyan 4 Goku could be similar to how Broly was this year; the final figure of the year. They may reserve that release date for the figures on the poll that aren't part of the Buu Saga. It's all speculation but it would be interesting to follow the releases of those characters on the poll and see when they come out.

Back