S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What I don't get is why Bandai doesn't act on all the business they are missing...when SS Vegeta and Trunks are going for ~$300-400 new, $200-$250 used...when Chinese rip-offs have to fill in the gap and make thousands off of Bootlegs...doesn't that demonstrate to whoever is in charge at Bandai that "hey, people WANT these figures, why are we letting scalpers and knock offs hijack our brand?"

I don't know the intricacies of the toy manufacturer world but to me it's like Porsche making 200 cars per year and having their buyers sell them off for 10x the MSRP and having a Korean company making similar knock-offs for the original retail prices or more. It just seems like madness not to ramp up production and/or keep some figures in regular production.

What I don't get is why Bandai doesn't act on all the business they are missing...when SS Vegeta and Trunks are going for ~$300-400 new, $200-$250 used...when Chinese rip-offs have to fill in the gap and make thousands off of Bootlegs...doesn't that demonstrate to whoever is in charge at Bandai that "hey, people WANT these figures, why are we letting scalpers and knock offs hijack our brand?"

I don't know the intricacies of the toy manufacturer world but to me it's like Porsche making 200 cars per year and having their buyers sell them off for 10x the MSRP and having a Korean company making similar knock-offs for the original retail prices or more. It just seems like madness not to ramp up production and/or keep some figures in regular production.

Tamashii feels they need to "keep their word" on the term "web exclusive" in regards to the Dragon Ball Z line. They don't care about the extra profit as long as they stay true to their words for their collectors. It's something I'll never agree with.

Tamashii feels they need to "keep their word" on the term "web exclusive" in regards to the Dragon Ball Z line. They don't care about the extra profit as long as they stay true to their words for their collectors. It's something I'll never agree with.

In that case I fully support Da Tong and other decent counterfeiters to continue their work and fill in the gap as necessary. Maybe Tamashii wants scalpers to price originals at those insane prices to somehow elevate their own prestige? Lots of elitism in the figure market it seems.

Maybe there's also certain contracts with Bandai that they have to adhere to, they can't breach certain bounds or whatever, legal issues, etc. (issues like them not allowed to release Lucario in the US). A lot of business mumbo jumbo that we the consumer won't understand. Stuff like them not having the rights to the "Masters License" to release an entire cast of figures from a series such as Nintendo. Contracts with Marvel that allow them to make Avengers figures despite Figma also having the rights. It's just the way it is. However sometimes there's loopholes like them rereleasing Zero Goku. Maybe there's a timed release for certain exclusives & the window for them to rerelease Trunks has expired, they have to get approvals first, there could be other figures "ahead of the line" before they get to Vegeta, wash rinse repeat. Their representatives always give hints now & then that maybe they can exploit said loopholes, but there's never a gaurantee.

It's not as simple as "hey there's a demand for Vegeta, lets just produce more so everyones happy." Kinda like the age old "why can't America just cut down more trees & print more money so we get outta debt?" Doesn't work that way.

In that case I fully support Da Tong and other decent counterfeiters to continue their work and fill in the gap as necessary. Maybe Tamashii wants scalpers to price originals at those insane prices to somehow elevate their own prestige? Lots of elitism in the figure market it seems.

I have no problem with Datong and other counterfeiters as long as they're producing characters that are in a high demand. I really enjoy the Super Saiyan and Scouter Vegeta counterfeits. I've seen some great pictures of the Super Saiyan 3 Goku head and Super Saiyan Trunks head, as well.

I honestly don't think Tamashii cares what happens to their products once they're sold out. Not to say that their customer service is horrible, I've heard some decent to good reviews from their customer service and they answer quite a lot of questions on Facebook and Twitter if anybody has a problem.

I keep on looking at this picture and I can't get over how *****ING MASSIVE Broly is! I love it!

10631213_877032225649277_770575061079719083_o.jpg

Yes, and we also get a good idea on what his & 16's boxes will look like. I wish Broly would come with that ki aura effect but I doubt it :/

Maybe there's also certain contracts with Bandai that they have to adhere to, they can't breach certain bounds or whatever, legal issues, etc. (issues like them not allowed to release Lucario in the US). A lot of business mumbo jumbo that we the consumer won't understand. Stuff like them not having the rights to the "Masters License" to release an entire cast of figures from a series such as Nintendo. Contracts with Marvel that allow them to make Avengers figures despite Figma also having the rights. It's just the way it is. However sometimes there's loopholes like them rereleasing Zero Goku. Maybe there's a timed release for certain exclusives & the window for them to rerelease Trunks has expired, they have to get approvals first, wash rinse repeat. Their representatives always give hints now & then that maybe they can exploit said loopholes, but there's never a gaurantee.

It's not as simple as "hey there's a demand for Vegeta, lets just produce more so everyones happy." Kinda like the age old "why can't America just cut down more trees & print more money so we get outta debt?" Doesn't work that way.

Well, at first I thought Bandai and Toei are working closely together on the releases to follow along with Dragon Ball Kai but then there's other releases that seem to be completely out of place where I feel that's more of Bandai's decision. I'd have a hard time believing that any figure is "expired," especially considering that Manga Piccolo, Super Saiyan Goku, and Super Saiyan (2) Gohan have/will been re-issued and they're the three oldest. I know there was a sign at SDCC for Vegito about a pending issue so that may give your idea some weight to it.

Hm, those two phrases seem quite irrelevant but would actually have a similar outcome of reduced value. :lol

Yes, and we also get a good idea on what his & 16's boxes will look like. I wish Broly would come with that ki aura effect but I doubt it :/

I know. That would have been cool. I really hope those effects aren't a lot of money though unless they include three sets of them.

Exactly, maybe it's Bandai that's blocking them from rereleasing certain characters for whatever reason :dunno The representative in that Tamashii Nations video even acknowledges Vegeta's demand, but he made it obvious that his employer's hands are tied about the situation.

Exactly, maybe it's Bandai that's blocking them from rereleasing certain characters for whatever reason :dunno The representative in that Tamashii Nations video even acknowledges Vegeta's demand, but he made it obvious that his employer's hands are tied about the situation.

I felt so bad for him because he was like "There was a Vegeta for the SDCC release in July." and I can just imagine everybody watching that being like "We don't care! Give us Super Saiyan Vegeta!"

I just re-watched Goku vs Broly, and I can honestly say I'm again pumped for Broly's release. The size...will be awesome...but uh, how are you guys gonna fit him into your displays? :lol I might be out of luck

Again on Tamashii....maybe it is Bandai and Toei. There's no real way to tell. There's gotta be something we're missing, something we don't know. They know about it, but won't or can't do it. I'd like to assume maybe it's the release schedule...but both SSJ Goku re-releases and the recent Piccolo were done alongside a new release - the first Goku release was actually done with Scouter Vegeta apparently and then Goku + Piccolo were with Android 18. Perhaps a web exclusive re-release would take up a slot or be hard to do with the upcoming releases?

We ARE getting a new Gohan at least, so I am fine without a Manga Gohan at this time, especially since I have the SDCC one - but I do feel sympathetic to all those who do not have any Gohan as of this time. This would possibly explain the lack of Manga Gohan being re-released. We also did not have a Goku in 2013, which could explain the first SSJ Goku re-release and while we did this year, I believe him and Piccolo were to coincide with being released in other countries too.

I need to stop looking at the Tamashii Nations 2014 pictures. I'm temped to buy Gundam Wing figures and I've never watched a Gundam Wing episode.

Also for people still looking Android 18, two users on Myfigurecollection have her for sale for $45 and $50! Get on that quick.

I just re-watched Goku vs Broly, and I can honestly say I'm again pumped for Broly's release. The size...will be awesome...but uh, how are you guys gonna fit him into your displays? :lol I might be out of luck

Again on Tamashii....maybe it is Bandai and Toei. There's no real way to tell. There's gotta be something we're missing, something we don't know. They know about it, but won't or can't do it. I'd like to assume maybe it's the release schedule...but both SSJ Goku re-releases and the recent Piccolo were done alongside a new release - the first Goku release was actually done with Scouter Vegeta apparently and then Goku + Piccolo were with Android 18. Perhaps a web exclusive re-release would take up a slot or be hard to do with the upcoming releases?

We ARE getting a new Gohan at least, so I am fine without a Manga Gohan at this time, especially since I have the SDCC one - but I do feel sympathetic to all those who do not have any Gohan as of this time. This would posisbly explain the lack of Manga Gohan being re-released. We also did not have a Goku in 2013, and while we did this year, I believe it was to coincide with being released in other countries too.

He's going to take up A LOT of room in my display case. Him and whomever he's beating the crap out of.

That's a pretty good question, FSLAR. It seems Tamashii's been adding release slots though. I mentioned awhile ago that I've been looking at releases in between SDCC Exclusives and from SDCC '14 to '15 we'll have one more release, that we know of, than from '13 to '14. If re-releases were a possibilty, they may have to wait until there's more comfortable room to spare.

The re-release of Manga Gohan may actually coincide with Ultimate Gohan. I can see that benefiting one another.

People having a hard time finding dbz sh figures should check their local Barnes and nobles and unlikely place to buy figures but trust me, nobody knows they are there but that have huge stocks of the latest figures released... I saw like four android 18 on shelves.

Heck check your local hobby stores too, plenty sh figuarts for everybody

Sent from Le iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk - now Free

Back