S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been thinking about Perfect Cell's Kamehameha effect and I'm curious what others think.

Do you like it? What do you like about it? Do you not like it? What do you not like about it? What would your ideas be to change it to fit your ideal Kamehameha effect?

43.jpg

i think it looks like sperm dripping, it should be bluer with a different shape a splash effect at the front

i think it looks like sperm dripping, it should be bluer with a different shape a splash effect at the front

That's definitely an interesting view. :lol

I remember reading, or watching, a review about Perfect Cell and they said not to let your girlfriend anywhere near the effect. ...That kind of ruined it for me, ha.

I still like the effect, especially since it came with the figure, but I really like the Can of Beam Kamehameha effect.

Style%2012%201.jpg

Maybe try and partner it with the blast effects provided with Saiyan Saga Vegeta. Might make for a interesting effect...

I've been thinking about that. Especially the one that's been used as a beginning/projecting energy blast.

Similar to this...

830px-Gohan_SSJ2_Kamehameha_Power_Up.png

Been looking at some customs and thought these looked quite amazing, especially if you're into DragonBall GT designs...

60699-1.jpg

58283-1.jpg

61467-1.jpg

The sculpting on Bardock is so clean! (I know it's the wrong saiyan armor but still.)

me waiting for broly to be released

View attachment 138200

Haha, that's pretty much how I feel, too. I'm trying to keep myself busy with coming up with other displays but the hype for Broly is unparalleled. I think we're all going to be shocked when we actually have the figure in our hands.

Edited: There's really only a few characters that I'm very hyped up for. I'll get any Dragon Ball Z S.H. Figuarts release, though, because I love the line.

So finally saw BoG, lot of small things good and bad I could say about it, but overall I find it kindof dull, yet not unmemorable, like I do pretty much all other movies.

I like Beerus and Whis, most definitely, probably more than anything else post-cell. And I thought the movie added a cool few tidbits to the DB world and the saiyan lore, I like all of those.
It seems blatantly obvious to me where the saiyan god hair colour came from, as I've said before, but now I saw Planet Vegeta is actually shown in BoG outright.

I however fast forwarded quite a few parts of useless way-less-funny-than-it-wants-to-be parts, maybe I shouldn't have watched the extended cut. The animation was also a bit half n half for me, some things are cool modernised, others actually look cheapened and I've always liked traditional 'drawn' animation over '3d' animation anyway.

Overall I feel it was 20 minutes worth of setup/lore expansion and a few good fight scenes, packed into 1.45 hours. But considering I do like what it added to the DB world, which is the first time a movie has done so except the first Cooler maybe, it felt like some neat DBZ content that I'll never watch again. At least however it's canon that I don't have problems with.

I guess it'll never get as serious and deep as the frieza/android period was, but I wish it would for a next instalment. Beerus and Whis were cool and
Spoiler Spoiler:

Coming from a 'whatever, I never care about these movies standpoint', I'm pretty glad the one canon movie at least added some cool things and had a few good moments for me.

Also, just to playfully annoy some of you, notice how they completely did not mention Broly when they recapped all the events of DB (yes the ENTIRE franchise) at the beginning? Yeah, suck it, Broly is irrelevant and not canon.:lol Enjoy your figure:wave

You can definitely tell this movie's genuinely Toriyama's work, it ties in with the existing DB-verse in cooler ways then I expected, and doesn't feel as out of place like most of the other movies.

Question concerning ssj forms:
Spoiler Spoiler:

In fact, this movie seems to disassociate a few Buu saga things. You can really tell he couldn't write that the way he wanted to had he'd been given enough time.

Although I found the movie itself relatively underwelming, I like a lot of what it implies, retcons and emphasises.

I don't think you have to be in Super Saiyan form to attain "Super Saiyan God." The legend says nothing about that, only prerequisite is that you need 5 pure-hearted Saiyans. Thus, Goku, being a fast learner as he's always been since childhood, was able to power up to it even after the time limit ran out & not having to go through the multiple Super Saiyan stages*, albeit momentarily since he was only able to repel Beerus' attack & nothing else (it also has to do with "Goku's mysterious character" which the Kai's comment on at the end; nobody really knows how or why he has become so powerful over the years, despite the fact he's just the main protagonist & that's it)

Although really, it's all completely bogus if you think about it. SS Vegeta surpassing SS3 Goku only cuz of Bulma? Videl's unborn fetus lending her energy to Goku? LoL, like you said, typical Toriyama nonsense we just gotta take & say "eh, whatever i guess."

*also, notice his hair while in SSj God form; despite it being red it's still in his normal standard style, not the Super Saiyan spiked-up style

Here's the image of SS3 Goku with the Saint Seiya dragon effect

ss.JPG

Although it will most likely look way better with this version

myth_effect_dragon_8_9.jpg

Come to think of it I always did wonder where Goku's always increasing strength came from, especially since at times one character was usually stronger than him and then he came to surpass them off-screen. Vegeta was stronger than Goku (mostly because Goku needed the kaio ken to power through Vegeta. I honestly don't think Vegeta needed the oozaru), and yet this didn't last long since Goku soon overcame him by the time the Ginyus came into the picture. Then Gohan became the strongest at Super Saiyan 2, and while Gohan's power decreased due to no training, it's likely Goku still overcame Gohan pretty quick honestly, well before the Buu saga. Additionally, Vegeta somehow never was able to reach Goku after that, why? We know Vegeta ALWAYS trains...I imagined maybe it was Goku's purity or uniqueness among other Saiyans, like losing his tail at an early age.

Also, just to playfully annoy some of you, notice how they completely did not mention Broly when they recapped all the events of DB (yes the ENTIRE franchise) at the beginning? Yeah, suck it, Broly is irrelevant and not canon.:lol Enjoy your figure:wave

I thought I was alone in my apathy towards Broly and his figure release. He was just an annoying and unnecessary character IMO.

I thought I was alone in my apathy towards Broly and his figure release. He was just an annoying and unnecessary character IMO.

Oh we'll enjoy it alright, and you guys will have to suffer through Broly displays spamming this board & all over the place once he's released so brace yourselves!! :nana:

speaking of displays, anyone else planning on using those Tamashii explosion & impact effects to replicate a destroyed city with the Androids? I just wish we had some big building set pieces kinda like this
$_12.jpg
Future_Android_17_and_18_while_vs_Future_Gohan.jpg

They'd look cool at a far enough distance away, but good luck getting that effect to work. They probably come up to the Figuarts' waists.

I enjoyed Battle of Gods. It was a great popcorn movie and a fill-in story. Barely any fighting which was a bummer. The next movie will hopefully have some good fight scenes.

I have no idea what it necessarily takes to become a Super Saiyan anymore or achieve further transformations. Goku, Gohan, and Future Trunks were able to transform into Super Saiyans because they cared so much, Vegeta was able to transform because he didn't care anymore. I don't even remember how Goten and Trunks were able to transform.

I think the annoyance would be effective if canon mattered to me. :rotfl

Here's the image of SS3 Goku with the Saint Seiya dragon effect

View attachment 138228

Although it will most likely look way better with this version

View attachment 138229

Sweetness! Thanks, crisis! The more requests, the more we get to see your collection/displays. :yess:

Oh we'll enjoy it alright, and you guys will have to suffer through Broly displays spamming this board & all over the place once he's released so brace yourselves!! :nana:

speaking of displays, anyone else planning on using those Tamashii explosion & impact effects to replicate a destroyed city with the Androids? I just wish we had some big building set pieces kinda like this

I was going to use the explosion and impact effects for Broly, actually. I already have a planned set up with Android 17, 18, and Trunks. I may try and come up with a destroyed Capsule Corp. on a poster background.

Back