S.H.FiguArts Dragonball Z figures!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But then again, some days.....
immagini-dragon-ball-z-173.jpg

You just do the Kamehameha without giving a single ****** :lol
This is something I'm gonna want on my shelf at some point. Come on Tamashii, make it happen :pray:

Which Piccolo does everybody prefer? The anime or the manga?

I only have the Manga one and I honestly didn't know the difference between the Anime or Manga until somebody pointed out that Piccolo had pink muscles in the Anime instead of the yellow. ...Which, also completely went over my head while I've even been watching the anime over again.

manga has a nice green color while anime has a some dark shades

That's what I noticed when I saw them next to each other. I really like the shading on Anime Piccolo a lot actually. I may get one from Premium Bluefin, it seems to be cheapest on that site.

What are the odds of Trunks being re-released?

Edited: On a scale from 1 - 10, how would you rate Trunks?

On a scale from 1 - 10, how would you rate Trunks?
Trunks is a 9.5 from me. Great figure, the only gripe is that his shoulder articulation is hindered by the sculpt of his arms, but it's very minor. Two styles to display, sword and scabbard, tons of hands, and expressions for each head really makes him an awesome figure.
Some people consider him to be too short, but really it's Vegeta that's too tall. Even so, I can deal with it.

Trunks is a 9.5 from me. Great figure, the only gripe is that his shoulder articulation is hindered by the sculpt of his arms, but it's very minor. Two styles to display, sword and scabbard, tons of hands, and expressions for each head really makes him an awesome figure.
Some people consider him to be too short, but really it's Vegeta that's too tall. Even so, I can deal with it.

9.5? Really? That's awesome. I know, I can't believe how much is included in that one box. Almost like two figures in one. It's a shame that I wasn't aware of this line at the time he was released because I would have at least bought two. I've noticed the shoulder articulation seems quite hindered but it's understandable to me, especially since he's wearing a jacket. Is it difficult in posing ability?

Yeah, Trunks seems a perfect height to me when next to Goku. Maybe slightly taller than he should be but a lot more accurate than Vegeta. Although, I could see it being difficult to produce Vegeta accurately because he's such a runt.

9.5? Really? That's awesome. I know, I can't believe how much is included in that one box. Almost like two figures in one. It's a shame that I wasn't aware of this line at the time he was released because I would have at least bought two. I've noticed the shoulder articulation seems quite hindered but it's understandable to me, especially since he's wearing a jacket. Is it difficult in posing ability?

Yeah, Trunks seems a perfect height to me when next to Goku. Maybe slightly taller than he should be but a lot more accurate than Vegeta. Although, I could see it being difficult to produce Vegeta accurately because he's such a runt.
Posing him is a little difficult because his upper arm is all one section, rather than how Goku has a shoulder bit then an upper arm bit, also because his torso gets in the way of his arms a bit. In particular, his arms won't go out straight, as in at a right angle to his torso.
So, certain poses can't be done perfectly (burning attack), but he's still a worthwhile purchase.

Posing him is a little difficult because his upper arm is all one section, rather than how Goku has a shoulder bit then an upper arm bit, also because his torso gets in the way of his arms a bit. In particular, his arms won't go out straight, as in at a right angle to his torso.
So, certain poses can't be done perfectly (burning attack), but he's still a worthwhile purchase.

Burning Attack would have been awesome to pose. I really like the pose of him holding his hand out to the side with the other one grabbing his sword. That's a pretty freaking sweet pose and maybe my favorite. But yeah, like you said, that seems pretty minor with all of the other possibilities that you can do with the figure. Thanks, Anti-Wave Man! I'm going to start looking for a good deal for Trunks and maybe/hopefully purchase him.

I'm curious to think what next year's SDCC figure will be. Is there any current figure that can get the anime repaint treatment?

I'm curious to think what next year's SDCC figure will be. Is there any current figure that can get the anime repaint treatment?
Well, it would be good if they could repaint SS3 Goku, because 1. it'd become more accessible to me regarding prices and 2. it wouldn't look so muddy! lol
Some people also consider Cell's green to be too dark. But no-one left has actual differences between the manga and anime colour schemes.

Well, it would be good if they could repaint SS3 Goku, because 1. it'd become more accessible to me regarding prices and 2. it wouldn't look so muddy! lol
Some people also consider Cell's green to be too dark. But no-one left has actual differences between the manga and anime colour schemes.

Super Saiyan 3 Goku seems the best candidate at this point. Especially if/when Kid Buu is announced, I can imagine Super Saiyan 3 Goku being in extremely high demand.

I don't see that much of a difference between the anime Perfect Cell and the figure but I didn't realize Piccolo's yellow muscles so I wouldn't be the best person to notice any differences.

for those of intrest, tamashii is going to bring out a variant of the impact effect (magma)

10592904_728712193849214_4768886385644576438_n.jpg

Okay something I don't get: 1st form cell travels back in time because 17 and 18 are dead. But they can't have been killed by a Trunks returning from the HTC as that trunks would've easily demolished 1st form cell, even though they claim Trunks killed them. So how can 17 and 18 have gone in 1st form cell's original timeline, if it can't have been the Trunks that travels back?

Apparently there's no other conclusuion than that cell is from a third timeline that's... well completely unknown and weird.

And, apparently, Trunks is able to defeat the androids without any help at all. Which makes it weird that he returned to the past at all.

So... there's a future trunks that has a time machine yet either doesn't travel back, or travels back to a time where cell wasn't present and trains there, and then goes back to the future and kills 17 and 18 in 1st form cell's timeline but is not strong enough to handle first form cell. And then there's the "original" future trunks, who does travel back in time but travels back to a timeline where cell went to, the timeline we know.

This is ****ING weird.:rotfl

The answer to your dilemma is simple - Cell only hatched in his timeline after the Trunks there had killed 17 and 18.

Problem. Solved.

He didnt kill 17 and 18 in that timeline, iirc cell states that he somehow deactivated them, leading to the conclusion that in that timeline they found geros lab and the blueprints, but not cell. Cell then kills Trunks because he isnt any stronger and heads to our past, distorting it further.

Back